Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is missing from Downtown Miami nightlife??

Guest TMc_Labs@HQ

Guest TMc_Labs@HQ

So here we are with yet another nightclub opening in Downtown Miami. This weekend was slammed on NE11st. I guess this is a early sign of things to come for the future of the Park West Entertainment District.

What I'd like to ask is, what is missing from this district? What would all of you like to see?

My first suggestion that is being implemented is NO COVER on Saturdays @ Players. You figure by the time you park and pay the cover, you're out of $40. $60 if you're taking a date. Everyone in this town isn't a "High Roller" or on the "A - List". So where is the average, everyday 9-5 working class person supposed to go?

Miami has a huge and diverse population and it would be nice to create some things in the Downtown nightlife that reflect that.

Just my $.02

Guest Devilicious

If you're looking for diversity, it should have a loungy place as well with seating for normal folk and not just the ones wanting to spend a grand in the VIP. Parking, definitely.

Guest Seb

If you're looking for diversity, it should have a loungy place as well with seating for normal folk and not just the ones wanting to spend a grand in the VIP. Parking, definitely.

agreed, would be nice if you could sit some where to relax not just because you have $$$$$

Guest pod

ATMs in easy-to-access places.

Space's had a problem over the weekend, and I had to bullshit my way into Goldrush to use theirs.

Guest coach

Agreed! We had an issue at Nocturnal and couldn't find cash. I hate carrying cash, so when I need it because some business is having issues, then it can become problematic.

Also, add to my list a convenience store (for when you need that aspirin reeeeeaaaally bad) and a gas station. If you put all three of those together then you would be good to go!

Guest ramon

Space's had a problem over the weekend, and I had to bullshit my way into Goldrush to use theirs.

compleltely agree with this :)

good one dan .. ;)

Guest pod

You could put a convenience store easily on that street...thing is, the place would need daytime traffic to justify being there.

Guest ramon

You could put a convenience store easily on that street...thing is, the place would need daytime traffic to justify being there.

una bodega would be excellent bring a little 'little havana' to downtown

Guest ramon

Yep. And said bodega could have an ATM. ;D

LP should expand his empire into the bodega world.

hahaha yes .. bodega would have atm and other stuff. :)

energy drinks , food , etc.

Guest LeVeL

I say some shops(clothing,shoes,T-shirt shop)

A Liquor Store, Walgreens, and Ice Cream or a mom and pops take out joint that serves pizza,hamburgers or something.

Because one thing I hate about leaving Space or Nocturnal is not having the option of eating somewhere anywhere near. Yeah you have the roachcoach and that guy in the corner selling hot dogs but its a rip off for what you eating.

Guest pod

Players serves food until like 7 or 8 AM.

They have a walk-up window so you don't have to go in even.

Players serves food until like 7 or 8 AM.

They have a walk-up window so you don't have to go in even.

yea i wouldnt trust the hot dog stand guy on the parking lot either, 100g of fat and dirty water...ive gotten a pizza from that windown at players wasnt bad.

The only thing bout the ATM's, would be the cost of withdrawling the cash...u know how some clubs charge u anywhere from $4-8 bucks for each withdrawl, its ridiculous.

Another thing they need in Downtown is more street lighting, you take any those corners and it's complete darkness.

Guest dudewithatude

How about some law enforcement to clean the streets of the obnoxious bums that hustle you for money when you try to park!!!

Guest Devilicious

How about some law enforcement to clean the streets of the obnoxious bums that hustle you for money when you try to park!!!

I agree.........sometimes it can be downright scary if you're female. And it'd be nice if every time you get to your car you didn't have to say....

NO THANK YOU I DO NOT WANT MY WINDOW WASHED

I DO NOT HAVE ANY CASH FOR YOU, YOU DIRTY BUM!!!

Guest digital7

good call... lol

Guest james stratus

I'm glad not every club is on 11th St, but spread it out more. I hate the "Main St" concept of clubbing that SFL has. And add some decent laid back restaurants near by to chill at before you go to the club. Also some more chill loungey spots as were suggested before. You have to go to the Design District and the North East Corridor of Biscayne for that now.

Guest klubveteran

no man that takes away time from them busting a rap on strippers that waltz by them on the way to the club. please ::)

Guest vegasguy25

When I was out there for WMC, I hitched a ride with Carisa, Lee and Co. to Space. The parking lot that is right down the street there, across the intersection, was charging something like $15 to park (and $20 for VIP parking, which I found to be particularly humorous). That is exorbinant, but they get it because it appeared to be the only option. So, more parking. Some restaurants in that neighborhood would be a good idea as well. I think the city just generally needs to clean up that area; man is it ever ghetto over there. Having big nightclubs open is a good start, but there are a lot of areas of opportunity around NE 11th St.

Guest coach

Yeah, run a freaking streetcleaner by every now and then.

As far as parking goes, a decent garage would be nice, but until then, I highly recommend the valet. Friday night, when most of the lots had jacked their price, it was still only $10. Right on the corner across from all the clubs.

Guest Funketeer

A rocket launcher, a ferris wheel and a rollercoaster...no decent theme park should go on without these three... 8)

Guest tiltmiami

find a place for the homeless people so they can stop asking u for shit when u are leaving the clubs in that surrounding area.