Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is missing from Downtown Miami nightlife??

Guest TMc_Labs@HQ

Guest xmuzik

find a place for the homeless people so they can stop asking u for shit when u are leaving the clubs in that surrounding area.

i agree i was just down there & i thought me & my friend were about to have to fight with a homeless man to get out of a parking lot.......

the guy was literally trying to push himself on me because he saw me give another homeless guy some money to get something to eat.........

somebody is either going to get shot , raped, or murdered by those clubs if they dont do something because it only takes 1 crack head to give the homeless community a bad name & then everyone will want them all thrown in jail or beaten down......

i also think the homeless & prostitute situation off of lincoln ave. is something that needs to be handled ....

i think its sad that right off of collin where the old library is that the homeless are sleeping outside a vacant library when miami has the money to do something about the homeless problem & shouldn't have any problem finding money or books to keep a library going by the beach.....

i have lived everywhere from new orleans to babylon & never have i seen as many people that were homeless & it not be a war torn country.......

somebody needs to put some money into shelters & put some books back in that library off of collin......

i read alot & frequent the library as often as the clubs anywhere i go & i go out alot ... but having the homeless sleep in front of a abandoned library is not only a shame to anyone that loves books , but a shame to anyone that should be trying to help his fellow man......

don't laugh , you might be 1 of those people 1 night if you walk down the wrong road in life .........

Guest Funketeer

find a place for the homeless people so they can stop asking u for shit when u are leaving the clubs in that surrounding area.

create housing for the homeless perhaps or just vanish them? what kind of a place would you suggest?

Guest coach

i think its sad that right off of collin where the old library is that the homeless are sleeping outside a vacant library when miami has the money to do something about the homeless problem & shouldn't have any problem finding money or books to keep a library going by the beach.....

somebody needs to put some money into shelters & put some books back in that library off of collin......

i read alot & frequent the library as often as the clubs anywhere i go & i go out alot ... but having the homeless sleep in front of a abandoned library is not only a shame to anyone that loves books , but a shame to anyone that should be trying to help his fellow man......

Um... You do know that they built a huge new library right across the street from that and moved all the books there, right?

Guest vegasguy25

create housing for the homeless perhaps or just vanish them? what kind of a place would you suggest?

I am pretty sure that post was alluding to homeless shelters.

Guest marcvane

So here we are with yet another nightclub opening in Downtown Miami. This weekend was slammed on NE11st. I guess this is a early sign of things to come for the future of the Park West Entertainment District.

What I'd like to ask is, what is missing from this district? What would all of you like to see?

My first suggestion that is being implemented is NO COVER on Saturdays @ Players. You figure by the time you park and pay the cover, you're out of $40. $60 if you're taking a date. Everyone in this town isn't a "High Roller" or on the "A - List". So where is the average, everyday 9-5 working class person supposed to go?

Miami has a huge and diverse population and it would be nice to create some things in the Downtown nightlife that reflect that.

Just my $.02

WERD! when is BLUE opening downtown? where are the cool little spotsat? Good point......

Guest maximus

I'll say what I can do without! Although it makes great entertainment....

Homeless guy gritting his teeth getting me a taxi... After 18 years of clubbing I know they are yellow in Miami Dade at least... trust me I can spot them and I have figured out how to open the doors.

Homeless guys selling me p$rn mags at the sh$ll station...

Guest pod

Somebody mentioned the dark alleys....I was just over by the area today, and they are putting up lamp posts in the alley behind Space and Nocturnal. They paved it and they're putting palm trees and cobblestones in...like a promenade of sorts...

Guest macfunk19

Damn, that would so fucking rock if it ever really does happen, in my lifetime.

coach it started already. next time u go to parkwest area go to the back of space alley area they are putting up lamp posts in the alley behind Space and Nocturnal. They paved it and they're putting palm trees and cobblestones there making a promenade

Guest web_norah

whats missing?

dont know ???

a boozer bar like Ted's Hideaway without the strippers and shady looking people..... ?

Guest james stratus

The reason there are so many homeless in that area is because THERE ARE homeless shelters and soup kitchens in the area. There are 2 within 2 blocks of 11th St. Also go 4 or so blocks west and you are in the poorest area in probably all of the state; Overtown.

What it looks like everyone here is wanting is gentrification of the downtown area. Somewhat sadly it is already going on and will be pretty much complete in only a few years. You can't have a homeless shelter within a block from your million dollar condo, and overtown as it is can't be within view from your balcony either :-X But that is a whole other topic ::)

Guest pod

Gentrification!

quiendiablos012c.jpg

Simple solution. Put the homeless shelter on a derelict cruise ship anchored just offshore.

And be more proactive about putting the violent ones in jail.

Guest web_norah

especially the homeless that like mugging for stupid shit and those poor souls walking out of Space at 9am. not right!!!!

Guest Funketeer

Well, well...I feel like a kid writing his letter to Santa ;D

ok guys, If any of you guys belong to the powers that be...bring some rock'n roll to this town, this downton that is!

A hard rock café type would be nice, but one without a theme and bad burgers...any big city needs a kick ass venue for life bands to play their gigsm bands today need a home there...I for one would go to support local talent if a nice venue materializes, one with a nice stage and decent audio...

Que viva el trance! 8)

Guest JMT

i can think of a few things... one involves a 9-iron and a buffalo, live or stuffed, preferably stuffed for safety reasons. the second involves some ice cubes, and maybe switch it over to a pitching wedge...

Guest The_Man

Simple solution. Put the homeless shelter on a derelict cruise ship anchored just offshore.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. I think it's the best route.