Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Heat Vs Pistons.....

Guest LeVeL

Guest Diabolique

I'm so happy they won last night game... :)

They need to get at least one of the next 2 games in Detroit.

It's a move in the right direction, plus...my luv is in a good mood when they win, and I'm benifit greatly from that...rawr ;)

I'm waiting patiently until Sunday....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm so happy they won last night game... :)

They need to get at least one of the next 2 games in Detroit.

It's a move in the right direction, plus...my luv is in a good mood when they win, and I'm benifit greatly from that...rawr ;)

I'm waiting patiently until Sunday....

Maybe you need to find some other way to put your luv in a good mood if you know what I mean....LOL ;) ;)

Guest LeVeL

OKayyyyyyyy tonight is Game 4...

The Heat is on the Detroit Pistons to win this game or be down 3 to 1 to the Heat.

Dam Dwayne Wade is just playing Jordan like.

Guest LeVeL

forget lebron and forget melo. wade county is taking over the NBA.

Exactly...the man not only has skills but he is also a Team Player and aa humble guy.

He defintely has a big future ahead of him.

Guest LeVeL

We played like shit yesterday...the Heat Played like they didn't have no drive at all. In my opinion they gave this game away to the Pistons.

Hope fully this game either makes us or breaks us. Because after a loss like that you better have a lot of motivation for the next one.

Guest Spankmeister

Tuesday night Detroit played their game...they played their type of basketball...

Stifling defense which fed the offense....drive the basket and pick up the fouls...

The only reason Detroit didn't win Game 3 was that they lost their poise in the 4th Quarter....after that non-call on Chauncy(yea, he split his lip on the damn floor, yea right) it seemed like they lost their control...started picking up T's and just blew it.

If they keep their poise in game 5 tomorrow...Detroit will win...if they don't, most likely they will lose.

I do like only the one day of rest though....good for us, bad for Miami due to Shaq not being full strength and Zo needing more rest...

Pistons win tonight and then take the series at home...:)

Guest LeVeL

Yup Game 5 tonight...

I feel like this game is going to be a major nailbiter. But the Heat need to win by plus 10 this game since the Pistons gave us a nasty wooping last game.

This is revenge.....Wade better step up and Shaq better stop acting like a pussy and give us some intencity for once. Fuck being gentle and shit.

Guest Spankmeister

Yup Game 5 tonight...

This is revenge.....Wade better step up and Shaq better stop acting like a pussy and give us some intencity for once. Fuck being gentle and shit.

That is a good idea...that way Shaq can get 3 fouls in the first quarter and be out for most of the game.... ;D

Guest LeVeL

Just like I predicted....if intensity is shown in Shaqs Game the Heat are defintely unstopable.

And like I said before the Wallace's are overated....ben Wallace defensive Player of the year...yeah right. it sure hasn't been shown in this series.

So now just when you think the Heat are getting over that hump after Shaq gets healthy, suddenly Dwayne Wade suffers a rib muscle injury :'( :-[ :-\.

I am telling you the Pistons are so lucky all these things are happening to us. But we will overcome it.

Guest barstar diana

Wade's injury could sideline him for Game 6

Friday, June 03, 2005

By Ansar Khan

MIAMI -- Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade had trouble moving to his left and to his right and felt like he was being stabbed every time he breathed.

He sustained a strained muscle in his rib cage midway through the third quarter of the Heat's 88-76 victory against the Detroit Pistons Thursday in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals.

"Right now, I'm just feeling pain," Wade said.

The Heat proved it could win without a significant contribution from the young star, who scored 15 points in only 27 minutes.

They might have to do it again. Wade's status for Game 6 Saturday at The Palace is in doubt.

"If I feel that I can go out and help my team, I will play," Wade said. "If I feel that I'm going to go out there and hurt my team, then I won't."

He added, "I've got all the confidence in the world, with me being young, hopefully, I can bounce back real quick."

Heat coach Jeff Van Gundy said he had "absolutely no idea" if Wade will be ready for Game 6.

Wade was hurt when he made a crossover dribble and made a 19-foot jump shot that gave the Heat their largest lead of the game -- 67-47 -- with 5:32 to play in the third quarter. He left the game after taking a charge from Rasheed Wallace 24 seconds later.

He returned to the game at the start of the fourth quarter but lasted only two minutes.

"When I came back I couldn't continue because movement is very key, and I couldn't move in either direction, only go straight," Wade said. "It just feels like a pulled muscle, just feels like with me making a quick move, it's kind of like a whiplash through my body."

Wade, the NBA's leading scorer in the playoffs, had averaged nearly 35 points a game in the previous three games. The Pistons quickly cut Miami's lead to 10 points after Wade first left the game. But his teammates picked up the offensive slack in the fourth quarter, particularly Rasual Butler, who scored seven of his 12 points in the fourth.

Miami also got a boost from Damon Jones (15 points) and Udonis Haslem (14 points), in addition to leading scorer Shaquille O'Neal (20 points).

"I'm proud of the guys for really gutting this win out," Wade said.

Said O'Neal: "We knew we had guys that want to play and we knew we would step it up."

"We were very confident with what we were able to do down the stretch," Jones said. "We made plays when we needed to offensively. Defensively is an area we needed to improve on from Game 4 (106-96 loss) and we made those adjustments."

If Wade can't play or isn't close to his usual self on Saturday, the Heat will need a major adjustment.

"Now that it's (the game) over, (Heat players) will think about it and they will probably wonder and worry a little bit on whether he's going to play," Van Gundy said. "But they have a job to do. They're NBA players and they have great confidence in themselves. They're not going to spend their time lamenting the fact that one of their guys is out."

Wade missed four games earlier this season with a similar injury.

"I haven't really been hurt all season too much, and to get this injury on something that was just a quick move, something that I probably do a hundred times a game, it (stinks)," Wade said.

He still managed to show a sense of humor, though.

"Any movement to my right or left is going to hurt," Wade said. "I guess my wife is going to sleep on another bed tonight, because if she hits me, there's going to be problems."

© 2005 Booth Newspapers. Used with permission