Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty @ Nocturnal

Guest LeVeL

What u think about Deep House in the Rooftop  

1. 1. What u think about Deep House in the Rooftop

Guest Prestigious

Let me get this straight and correct me if I am wrong. You people are bitching about the following items:

A) Having a 12 Million + dollar mega club in your home city

B) Having a choice of different types of house music for one evening

C) Having a multi talented world class resident like Craze

D)Partying your ass off until 6am and seeing the sunrise

I am just a kid from Vancouver, BC and would die for the above things. We have no choice of real venues here and have lame, pathetic resident dj`s (with the exception of a few). The only great nights we get cost us nearly $70 to get in (admission only) and this is when we have a headliner in town. Live it up and go with change. Variety is good and I am looking forward to my visit to Nocturnal next month.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight and correct me if I am wrong. You people are bitching about the following items:

I am just a kid from Vancouver, BC and would die for the above things. We have no choice of real venues here and have lame, pathetic resident dj`s (with the exception of a few). The only great nights we get cost us nearly $70 to get in (admission only) and this is when we have a headliner in town. Live it up and go with change. Variety is good and I am looking forward to my visit to Nocturnal next month.

you can smoke joints on the street we can't...

Guest Prestigious

you can smoke joints on the street we can't...

Haha!

This is true.

Someone always finds a way to bitch about something down hear. I am about to move so I appreciate all the options I have down hear. You people don't realize how good the nightlife is in South Florida; man I’m going to miss it!

Guest Prestigious

Not so much in Toronto but it is very common here in Vancouver. Police do not say anything nor care. Anything less than a few ounces is no big deal.

Guest fairyDust

I think It's sexy with a chill vibe to it. Suitable for a lounge not a club, but It's something different you know.

Someone always finds a way to bitch about something down hear. I am about to move so I appreciate all the options I have down hear. You people don't realize how good the nightlife is in South Florida; man I’m going to miss it!

i second that :'(

Guest pod

You know, the publicity factor for Aquabooty is through the roof right now. Wouldn't surprise me if a few extras show up on Friday to see what the hububb is all about.

Guest Cosmigonon

I like Deep House, listening to it in the car, in a lounge setting. Haven't been to Nocturnal yet, maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't, but if there's people that like it and support it, then it's all good. Like someone said it, the more options, the better.

Guest teabag

Not until 6 am.... from 6 am is when the good shit starts..... there are no curfews on downtown kid.... otherwise we would complain....

Guest teabag

Francois K should play nocturnal it is avenue that suits him like a glove.... my 3 cents....he can keep it borderline deep, extremely groovy and 110% original....plus his material will not dissapoint he is aproven draw over the years stays relevant and his party in NY at cielo is pretty sick.

Guest Prestigious

So afterhours in South Beach is legit? Booze is served all night into the morning? Here in Vancouver we have one afterhours establishment and it is full of crack head junkies. Kinda sucks beacuse it is a nice looking place.

Guest pod

Afterhours on South Beach isn't legit.

What few people outside of the area don't know is that Miami is a conglomeration of independent municipalities, all of which can set their own closing times and such. South Beach is part of the City of Miami Beach. Cross the causeway and you're in the City of Miami. Go north a bit and you're in Miami Lakes, a bit further and you're in Aventura. Go south and you're in Coral Gables.

Basically you can tell when the police cruisers change color schemes.

Back to the subject at hand though...

Miami Beach (South Beach included), clubs have to close by law at 5 AM. Not just stop serving alcohol, but close. Kick everyone out and close. They cannot open again until 8 AM. 8 AM afterhours have been tried before, but they invariably bomb for two reasons. One is that people don't wanna wait three hours, and two, the Downtown Miami area across the bridge. You used to be able to have a non-alcoholic party after 5 AM, but not anymore, the laws were amended in 2000. You can still get a 7 AM extension though, but that is a pain to get.

City of Miami has a 5 AM closing time, except for the downtown entertainment district, which has limited amounts of 24 hour licenses to go around. The zone itself is very small, about 4 square blocks. Anything outside has to close at 5 AM. Anything inside can stay open tilll whenever. Example, Pawn Shop Lounge is 2 blocks from Space. Pawn Shop has to close at 5 AM. Space stays open far past 5 AM.

Some areas have 5 AM closing times, but the clubs and bars shut at 2 or 3 for economic reasons. Coconut Grove, which is part of the City of Miami, has a 5 AM closing time, but it is dead after 3 AM. Most places say fuck it and close. In general though, except for the downtown zone, the metro Miami area closes at 5 AM.

What few people outside of the area don't know is that Miami is a conglomeration of independent municipalities, all of which can set their own closing times and such. South Beach is part of the City of Miami Beach. Cross the causeway and you're in the City of Miami. Go north a bit and you're in Miami Lakes, a bit further and you're in Aventura. Go south and you're in Coral Gables.

Miami Beach (South Beach included), clubs have to close by law at 5 AM. Not just stop serving alcohol, but close. Kick everyone out and close. They cannot open again until 8 AM. 8 AM afterhours have been tried before, but they invariably bomb for two reasons. One is that people don't wanna wait three hours, and two, the Downtown Miami area across the bridge. You used to be able to have a non-alcoholic party after 5 AM, but not anymore, the laws were amended in 2000. You can still get a 7 AM extension though, but that is a pain to get.

City of Miami has a 5 AM closing time, except for the downtown entertainment district, which has limited amounts of 24 hour licenses to go around. The zone itself is very small, about 4 square blocks. Anything outside has to close at 5 AM. Anything inside can stay open tilll whenever. Example, Pawn Shop Lounge is 2 blocks from Space. Pawn Shop has to close at 5 AM. Space stays open far past 5 AM.

Some areas have 5 AM closing times, but the clubs and bars shut at 2 or 3 for economic reasons. Coconut Grove, which is part of the City of Miami, has a 5 AM closing time, but it is dead after 3 AM. Most places say fuck it and close. In general though, except for the downtown zone, the metro Miami area closes at 5 AM.

I love it when you talk all sexy like that. :P

Guest Prestigious

5am still isn't bad IMHO. Here the bars must stop serving liquor at 2am but some push that to almost 3am. We used to have a 4am "extension" much like you mentioned above but that has been revoked due to crime in the downtown core of Vancouver. We too have "sub" areas like you mentioned but they are generally far apart and do not offer much for nightlife.

In Toronto they stay open quite late and stop serving. The only establishment that is permitted to stay open past 2 - 3 am is our afterhours "Gorgomish" that does not serve liquor nor has a license to do so. This is an amazing place but as I mentioned perviously it is packed with crack heads.

Vancouver in general has a lot of growing to do nightlife wise. We have a small house scene that is growing but very slowly. Must of our clubs are urban/hip-hop and attract a lower scale type of clientele.

Thanks for the heads up Pod. I keep reading that you are an ass on this site (and the sister site) but you have been nothing but curteous from what I can see.

Guest pod

Oh I am an ass. Don't let me fool you. You're just asking intelligent questions, which beget an intelligent response. Ask me where to get your daily crack cocaine fix and I'll slap ya with a fish.

We used to have a non-alcoholic afterhours on the beach, called The Mix Afterhours. Trancehead heaven. It wasn't so bad. A lot of big DJs would play there from time to time with unannouced gigs...the top music club at the time, Shadow Lounge, was right across the street, so it made it easy for that to happen. Someone like Paul Oakenfold would play for 3 or 4 hours at Shadow Lounge, and then run over to The Mix and continue on.

Decent lighting and sound, and the place was comfortable. They opened at 4, and stayed open till 9 or 10 AM. They had a lot of problems with drug use and so forth, for obvious reasons. They tried to comply with the City of Miami Beach's demands, even going as far as making it 21 and up (which was odd since the place didn't serve booze...), but the City kept pushing, and then in 2000 when Space opened right across the bridge with their 24-hour permit and booze after 5 AM, the place went kaput. Why switch venues for afterhours when you can hang tight at one place?

Every so often the City of Miami Beach gets a little uppity and tries to kill the goose that laid the golden egg (nightclubs) by threatening to scale back operating hours, claiming that tourists don't like it, the residents are pissed off, etc...but it's political grandstanding. I'm expecting another attempt in a few months actually....they've been quiet for all of 2005 so far.

Guest Cosmigonon

I love it when you talk all sexy like that. :P

LOL ;D

Guest Prestigious

Oh I am an ass. Don't let me fool you. You're just asking intelligent questions, which beget an intelligent response. Ask me where to get your daily crack cocaine fix and I'll slap ya with a fish.

We used to have a non-alcoholic afterhours on the beach, called The Mix Afterhours. Trancehead heaven. It wasn't so bad. A lot of big DJs would play there from time to time with unannouced gigs...the top music club at the time, Shadow Lounge, was right across the street, so it made it easy for that to happen. Someone like Paul Oakenfold would play for 3 or 4 hours at Shadow Lounge, and then run over to The Mix and continue on.

Decent lighting and sound, and the place was comfortable. They opened at 4, and stayed open till 9 or 10 AM. They had a lot of problems with drug use and so forth, for obvious reasons. They tried to comply with the City of Miami Beach's demands, even going as far as making it 21 and up (which was odd since the place didn't serve booze...), but the City kept pushing, and then in 2000 when Space opened right across the bridge with their 24-hour permit and booze after 5 AM, the place went kaput. Why switch venues for afterhours when you can hang tight at one place?

Every so often the City of Miami Beach gets a little uppity and tries to kill the goose that laid the golden egg (nightclubs) by threatening to scale back operating hours, claiming that tourists don't like it, the residents are pissed off, etc...but it's political grandstanding. I'm expecting another attempt in a few months actually....they've been quiet for all of 2005 so far.

LOL! I won`t ask where to get a fix. I come from the biggest drug city that I have ever experienced and the sad part it is my own city! I have been everywhere....oh well I love booze and booze only.

The police shut down various clubs in Vancouver due to massive violence. My favorite house night was shut down and the club closed due to a double murder. Most people think Vancouver or Canada in general is crime free. We only wish this was the case. There are just as many asses and thugs in our city as in Miami most likely.

Back on topic. Unless in Vegas I don't usually party and stay up past 5 so this is all fine with me. In Vegas I don't sleep and am at Drai's afterhours until 11am :)

Guest pod

Drais seems like an excellent place. We send shooters there frequently. Haven't been to Vegas yet.

Oddly enough, down here where the violence happens the places stay open. The clubs under threat are usually quite peaceful affairs and are targeted due to allegations of rampant drug use. I'd rather deal with crackheads than guys with guns, personally. A cop I spoke to once put it best "If the clubs can handle their own problems, I'm all for that...when I get involved is when it comes outside..."

Unfortunately the cops are paid by the taxpayers, whom the politicians love to hype up during election years. They'll find an easy target, and go for it. Clubs are easy, since no parent alive is 100% supportive of their kids going into nightclubs. Moms hate it cause of the way they were hassled by the boys back in the day, Dads hate it because they know how they hassled the girls back in the day. Add speculations on drug use and potential violence to the mix, and you've got an election year issue. Clubs have money, but even the most successful club can be drained by relentless scandalmongering and problems with the city...

Shootings within clubs are rare, I can't recall when one has happened in quite a long time. Fighting is common in some venues, less so in others...overall people tend to get along around these parts...

Guest ddg

That's what progressive house tries so hard to be and it fails everytime.LOL. Progressive just sounds too synthetic and lifeless for me. GARBAGE!!!

easy on the progressive buddy.... ;) ;)

i have feelings too...lol.. :P

That's what progressive house tries so hard to be and it fails everytime.LOL. Progressive just sounds too synthetic and lifeless for me. GARBAGE!!!

easy on the progressive buddy.... ;) ;)

i have feelings too...lol.. :P

Awww really? LOL what's up man!!!! We haven't hung in the longest. Come down to NOC tonight.