Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty @ Nocturnal

Guest LeVeL

What u think about Deep House in the Rooftop  

1. 1. What u think about Deep House in the Rooftop

does goin to hear markus at an italian restaurant count? i did that a few times. :) btw we need markus back in miami. seeing him this weekend really hit home how much i want to hear him spin down here again.

Ill hear him this Sat in Detroit. ;D

u lucky $%#$%# ;) heh tell him whats up for me . i took him on a tour of nocturnal.... he was really impressed

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great post biz.

btw i find it funny how all of a sudden the second aquabooty is at nocturnal lots of u come out and criticize aquabooty.

shows that most of you have never been to an aquabooty party prior to that

when they were at gryphon, pawn shop, state. etc.

i know who goes to these parties its the same hardcore aquabooty foloowers. and yes its a small handful from this board.

though i pesonally thought the first week at nocturnal for aquaboty could have been better musically. the variety of djs aquabooty brings in is remarkable

osunlade is wayyyyyyyyyy different then roy davis etc etc....

supporting all forms of edm is def something i try to do as much as possible as well.

edm sadly as we all know is not the end all and be all of music in the american market its hip hop.....

so insteads of quarrelling over promoters who are trying to make a difference and bringing a unique sound to the city, it should be embraced.. not because you like it per se but rather to support dance music in general

hell ill support techno any day of the week over hip hop or regatton. i went the last two weeks to hear greg's patio sets house/techno and hes been rockin that place hardcore.....

in the end its different strokes for different folks. the aquabooty parties will continue to have their following regardless.

hell i cant tell the future and i have no clue what the future holds for aquabooty or any party for that matter but while aquabooty is at nocturnal ill go out and enjoy the music as much as possible

Guest pod

That's the odd thing. When Aquabooty was relegated to the sideline venues and up in Broward, no one complained. Now that they have a decent place to put forth their parties in, all of the sudden you get the usual suspects complaining that it sucks. Well, those people had three years to talk to the Nocturnal managment and attempt to get their parties in place.

The thing with any outdoor sort of venue, is that certain things wont work. People just don't see it sometimes, and think they can toss whomever up there and do a better job.

People' date=' listen up!!!! Everybody's taste differs and there is nothing wrong with that. Personally I think Miami needed a club like Nocturnal, because apparently 99% of the clubs in this city play progressive house. Which in my opinion is monotone, repetitive and lacks soul. We needed variety and and now we have it. Hey, deep house isn't for everybody. But it is for me, and many others that are fed up from listening to the same songs in every club. Most of the dj's that I've heard in Miami, play the same tracks, it's almost as if they are playing a mix CD. I don't have to get drunk up the ass to enjoy deep house. It's easy to groove to. Not everybody wants to go to a patio and hear regressive uhhh i mean progressive house :P. If You want to, go to Space, it is a great venue for progressive house. One of the greatest in this country. Ivano Sleepini is not for everybody. For Afterhours give me Roland. You want Deep, vocal, funky, soulful, sexy house go to Nocturnal. Point Blank. 8)

[/quote']

interesting points..... esp the same track issues. i enjoy some of the progressive stuff played in miami. not all mind u.

but at least with aquabooty your guaranteed you wont hear (pump up the jam) multiple times in the nite. actually u wont hear it......

so sick of that track........kill it

tracks i wouldnt mind hearing played more though not so much as to make them annoying

1) U2's -where the street has no name

2) edge of seventeen

monster tracks

Guest escobaju

AQUABOOTY IS KILLING THE WHOLE HOUSE SCENE AT NOCTURNAL. NOCTURNAL SHOULD HAVE GUEST DJ'S EVERY WEEKEND (OR AT LEAST A RESIDENT DJ LIKE ROLAND) PLAY EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT. AQUABOOTY SUX!

AQUABOOTY IS KILLING THE WHOLE HOUSE SCENE AT NOCTURNAL. NOCTURNAL SHOULD HAVE GUEST DJ'S EVERY WEEKEND (OR AT LEAST A RESIDENT DJ LIKE ROLAND) PLAY EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT. AQUABOOTY SUX!

You have no soul buddy, Just live with it. Don't be jealous. You're probably one of those guys with no rhythm that dances reggae to trance music and vice versa. And even worse you probably jump up and down with an electric guitar like a fool to Marvin gaye. LMAO ;D

LOL aquabooty 90% of the times has a guest dj with their residents opening....

u lost me lol

Guest escobaju

NOT REALLY INTO THE WHOLE SOUL MUSIC, ITS NOT "MIAMI HOUSE"! YOU'RE RIGHT AQUABOOTY DOES HAVE GUEST DJ'S BUT ITS ALL THE SAME TYPE OF SOUL WITH NO RHYTHM OR ANY GOOD BEATS TO DANCE WITH. ITS SO BORING THAT IT DOESN'T MAKE ME EVEN WANT TO DANCE.. JUST CHILL.

NOT REALLY INTO THE WHOLE SOUL MUSIC, ITS NOT "MIAMI HOUSE"! YOU'RE RIGHT AQUABOOTY DOES HAVE GUEST DJ'S BUT ITS ALL THE SAME TYPE OF SOUL WITH NO RHYTHM OR ANY GOOD BEATS TO DANCE WITH. ITS SO BORING THAT IT DOESN'T MAKE ME EVEN WANT TO DANCE.. JUST CHILL.

Since you're speaking out of pure ignorance, go do some research on the history of house music. Like that you can find out what it sounded like in its beginning stages in Chicago and then in NYC. It was soulful music with a dance beat. Go find out what they listened to in the legendary "WAREHOUSE" in Chicago and The "PARADISE GARAGE" IN NYC, back in the early 80's. The Paradise Garage held 5000 people every friday and saturday and had an open air patio on the second floor. Which closed at 12 noon. And they were all listening to soulful house music. Mind you this was the early 80's before Space Ibiza and all the other afterhours clubs. Then house morphed into all these genres and sub-genres including techno, trance and regressive house.

Guest escobaju

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PAST, JUST SPEAKING MY MIND OF HOW DEAD AQUABOOTY MUSIC IS. IF IT WERE IGNORANCE I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IT. SO YOU KNOW ALL YOUR STATS ABOUT CHICAGO, NYC..BLA BLA.. I'M TALKING ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHTS @ NOCTURNAL (2005). I SAY KEEP ROLAND PLAYING ALL NIGHT LONG... BRING CEDRIC, LEMOCH, LAZARDI, BRUNO, SANDER K, DEEP DISH, OSCAR G, HOUSE .. KEEP ME ENTERTAINED, MAKE ME MOVE, DANCING! ETC. THE PATIO NEEDS TO BE MORE LIVE! NO TIENE VIDA EL PATIO D' NOCTURNAL. :P

Guest Nefarious Girl

NYC: Shelter (my first house club) and Garage. Aqua Booty is the grandchild of these legendary clubs.....

Thank you Pod, Bling, CrzyC, turbo and all of you for pointing out the facts of our beloved house music and showing support.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PAST, JUST SPEAKING MY MIND OF HOW DEAD AQUABOOTY MUSIC IS. IF IT WERE IGNORANCE I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IT. SO YOU KNOW ALL YOUR STATS ABOUT CHICAGO, NYC..BLA BLA.. I'M TALKING ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHTS @ NOCTURNAL (2005). I SAY KEEP ROLAND PLAYING ALL NIGHT LONG... BRING CEDRIC, LEMOCH, LAZARDI, BRUNO, SANDER K, DEEP DISH, OSCAR G, HOUSE .. KEEP ME ENTERTAINED, MAKE ME MOVE, DANCING! ETC. THE PATIO NEEDS TO BE MORE LIVE! NO TIENE VIDA EL PATIO D' NOCTURNAL. :P

You missed the point I was making, but you're naturally dumb, so I expected it. The reason why I say you're dumb and you have no clue is because, if Nocturnal was to bring the type of sound you're requesting, it would just be another club Space. And it would fail miserably. Not good business and not smart period. But only smart people understand that and you certainly don't fit the bill. You can't compete with Space; ENVY tried and failed. Warehouse is still trying and is going to fail. You're just the typical miami clubber that goes where anybody else goes, and listens to whatever anybody else listens to. Nocturnal will be a huge success because it's different and gives people an alternative to Space. Not all of us want to listen to the same tracks everywhere we go. To you that's good, to me it's monotonous and boring.

Guest Devilicious
I think it's extremely difficult to judge a party on only 2 nights, negatively or positively, and that's not what I'm doing. Speaking musically, what I heard and the reviews I've read of the following week is not what I call dance music. I love it! BUT not in that setting.

Aquabooty has been throwing warehouse parties and all sorts of events for a while. I think you need to separate that and the fact that Nocturnal the club has just recently opened.

I don't consider it the same party unless it has the same venue.

and i disagree.

And you have no idea what you are talking about. LOL.

Anything that goes on in a warehouse, or small lounge, or hotel, or any of the other various venues in which Aquabooty has hosted parties, is inherently going to be very different from an event held at a multi-million dollar, large nightclub, with a weekly residency and buffed up budget and promotions/marketing team.

right and you know what you're saying based on what?

based on the fact that I have been these parties. Don't you live in some cold NE city or something? LOL

all i said was that they've been having parties at State, Nerve, Delano and whole lot of different venues....and guess what? they've been successful and always managed to bring talented DJs and not the same tired sounds that the majority of this board and Miami prefer.

Again, I'll reiterate I have actually BEEN to these parties. How could your opinion possibly have any relevance if you haven't? I hate having to repeat myself for you but if I must I must. I think aquabooty parties have amazing music.

I love it! BUT not in that setting.

I tried out Nocturnal and I am sure I will again

and though Nocturnal is a new place, i don't doubt that they'll do well -- because (i hope) those that become regulars, do understand that terrace music isn't just one genre or the same DJs all the time.

get it now?

I never said Nocturnal wouldn't do well, and have always wished them nothing but the best, given them my patronage, and maintainted that I will again. To me, it has nothing to do with the fact that we're talking about a patio. The more relevant issue IMO is the fact that Nocturnal is a large dance club.

I hope you get it this time, because I don't have any more time to waste on you. There's a beach a few blocks away calling my name.

;D

if you think you're still making sense....

honey, i lived in Miami just short of a year ago and i have been to all these events and probably more than you'd ever know in your lifetime.

LMAO

Ok sweetheart, a lot happens in a year.

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Guest LdySphynx

an Aquabooty patio is better than a reggaeton, & hip hop patio. thats just my opinion.

Reggaeton is Satan.

No Satan is PunaniJunkie :P!!!!!

Guest escobaju

boring is aquabooty on my opinion.. i don't think hearing the same music at all the clubs is fun.. no idea where u get an idea like that, but whatever. nocturnal cannot compete with space, thats obvious. envy was filled with a bunch of weirdos and warehouse never get my attention. but what i'm talking about house music being played at nocturnal instead of AB. i am just saying that AB is boring thats where you missed my point, it doesn't make me want to dance. i go to all the different clubs in miami even though i've been living here a short amount of time. i've been to a lot of clubs in brighton beach, london, paris,amsterdam, nyc, philadelphia, boston, n.j., and its not all the same music, not the same beats, but its house music that wants to make you dance. like i've repeated myself over and over, AB is boring. i just think that nocturnal being a new club would have offer something better than AB. I mean "come on" ROLAND is playing after hours, the best House DJ in Miami and maybe all over America. I would be insulted playing after AB, if I were Roland. thats it. :-*

Guest VinnyCasharelli

^what Pod said.

i think they bring quality music (Norman Jay, the parties at the Delano last year, Harvey, Osunlade, etc).

yes, it may not be your cup of tea.....but at least they do different DJs not the same tired stuff that everyone else sweats..... <trance and et al>

lmao ...if its one thing miami has too much of is House music ...

..it should be the other way around , bring some diversity to the city scene in terms of Trance (not tiesto or pvd or corsten) and bring Techno .

You already have lots of music that is right up your alley - just tune into Party 93.1 and you're sure to be right on point.

Guest LdySphynx

an Aquabooty patio is better than a reggaeton' date=' & hip hop patio. thats just my opinion.

[/quote']

Reggaeton is Satan.

LOL, if warehouse changed their format to reggaeton at least they won't have to worry about space anymore :P

This is soooooooooooooooooooooo True, but they had a reggaeton party a few weeks back there.................not sure how they did though!!!!!

Guest JoeBudious

DEEP HOUSE and Ham

Sam I am

I am Sam

I am Sam

Sam I am

That Sam-I-am!

That Sam-I-am!

I do not like

that Sam-I-am!

Do you like

deep house and ham?

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

Would you like them

here or there?

I would not like them

here or there.

I would not like them

anywhere.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

Would you like them

in a house?

Would you like them

with a mouse?

I do not like them

in a house.

I do not like them

with a mouse.

I do not like them

here or there.

I do not like them

anywhere.

I do not like deep house and ham.

I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Would you eat them

in a box?

Would you eat them

with a fox?

Not in a box.

Not with a fox.

Not in a house.

Not with a mouse.

I would not eat them here or there.

I would not eat them anywhere.

I would not eat deep house and ham.

Would you? Could you?

In a car?

Eat them! Eat them!

Here they are.

I would not,

could not,

in a car.

You may like them.

You will see.

You may like them

in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.

Not in a car! You let me be!

I do not like them in a box.

I do not like them with a fox.

I do not like them in a house.

I do not like them with a mouse.

I do not like them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere.

A train! A train!

A train! A train!

Could you, would you,

on a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!

I would not, could not, in a box.

I could not, would not, with a fox.

I will not eat them with a mouse.

I will not eat them in a house.

i will not eat them here or there.

I will not eat them anywhere.

I do not eat deep house and ham.

Say!

In the dark?

Here in the dark!

Would you, could you, in the dark?

I would not, could not,

in the dark.

Would you, could you,

in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.

Not in the dark. Not on a train.

Not in a car. Not in a tree.

I do not like them, Sam, you see.

Not in a house. Not in a box.

Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.

I will not eat them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere!

You do not like

deep house and ham?

I do not

like them,

Sam-I-am.

Could you, would you

with a goat?

I would not,

could not,

with a goat!

Would you, could you,

on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.

I will not, will not, with a goat.

I will not eat them in the rain.

I will not eat them on a train.

Not in the dark! Not in a tree!

I do not like them ANYWHERE

I do not like

deep house

and ham!

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.

So you say.

Try them! Try them!

And you may.

Try them and you may, I say.

Sam!

If you will let me be,

I will try them.

You will see.

Say!

I like deep house and ham!

I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!

And I would eat them in a boat.

And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.

And I will eat them with a fox.

And I will eat them in a house.

And I will eat them with a mouse.

And I will eat them here and there.

Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like

deep house and ham!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-am!

Thanks for all the press. WoW! I love it!!!!

Aquabooty is not for everyone.

Just the way we like it.

Thanks for the kind support

boring is aquabooty on my opinion.. i don't think hearing the same music at all the clubs is fun.. no idea where u get an idea like that, but whatever. nocturnal cannot compete with space, thats obvious. envy was filled with a bunch of weirdos and warehouse never get my attention. but what i'm talking about house music being played at nocturnal instead of AB. i am just saying that AB is boring thats where you missed my point, it doesn't make me want to dance. i go to all the different clubs in miami even though i've been living here a short amount of time. i've been to a lot of clubs in brighton beach, london, paris,amsterdam, nyc, philadelphia, boston, n.j., and its not all the same music, not the same beats, but its house music that wants to make you dance. like i've repeated myself over and over, AB is boring. i just think that nocturnal being a new club would have offer something better than AB. I mean "come on" ROLAND is playing after hours, the best House DJ in Miami and maybe all over America. I would be insulted playing after AB, if I were Roland. thats it. :-*

OK, now I am 100% convinced that you are a moron. I think aquabooty is perfect for the earlier portion of the night and Roland perfect for afterhours. Roland has that funky sound which is good for afterhours. I am no longer responding to your posts. I have had enough laughs for one day. LMAO.

Guest Devilicious

Most of those guys have and will be playing in the area very soon. Talk is cheap. Clubs book "different" DJs, and none of you misfits show up.

In other words, put up or shut up.

;D

that's what i was sorta trying to say.

Then why didn't you, sorta say it ???

Guest escobaju

i guess.. thats your opinion and obviously you have no idea about having fun with house music and how it should be combined. i just want to dance and listen to good house, not soul. soul is not miami in my opinion, plus its the patio of nocturnal where everybody should be let loose and dance to a good groove, not some distasteful AB music. there should just be a change to make it more live. or maybe i should arrive @ 4am to hear roland spin or maybe AB should go to another venue, this week is hiphop week, i'm sure all these foreigners would love to hear some soul since it comes from their roots. :P whatever ... viva house en miamissssssss

Guest swank

I do so like

deep house and ham!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-am!

I had to register for this.....joebudious I am standing and applauding!

And to all the "haters" keep on hating cuz deep house is here to stay even if the next party's in my livingroom.It never left and it's not going anywhere. ;)

an Aquabooty patio is better than a reggaeton, & hip hop patio. thats just my opinion.

Reggaeton is Satan.

LOL, if warehouse changed their format to reggaeton at least they won't have to worry about space anymore :P

This is soooooooooooooooooooooo True, but they had a reggaeton party a few weeks back there.................not sure how they did though!!!!!

If they were smart businessmen or women they would forget about progressive house and make a reggaeton/dirtysouth afterhours. It would draw all those drunk guys from south beach and they would make a killing. Sometimes to make money you have to put your passion aside look at things objectively. When you do what everybody else is doing especially in a competitive area which is already dominated by a big player, you will lose. You need to break new ground and be different. Or else you get minimal results. That's a lesson Envy/Warehouse has yet to learn. I'm pretty sure that's something the Nocturnal crew thought about before even building the club. A year from now they WILL be packed on both nights and I wouldn't be surprised if the added a thrusday night to the lineup.

DEEP HOUSE and Ham

Sam I am

I am Sam

I am Sam

Sam I am

That Sam-I-am!

That Sam-I-am!

I do not like

that Sam-I-am!

Do you like

deep house and ham?

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

Would you like them

here or there?

I would not like them

here or there.

I would not like them

anywhere.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

Would you like them

in a house?

Would you like them

with a mouse?

I do not like them

in a house.

I do not like them

with a mouse.

I do not like them

here or there.

I do not like them

anywhere.

Would you eat them

in a box?

Would you eat them

with a fox?

Not in a box.

Not with a fox.

Not in a house.

Not with a mouse.

I would not eat them here or there.

I would not eat them anywhere.

I would not eat deep house and ham.

Would you? Could you?

In a car?

Eat them! Eat them!

Here they are.

I would not,

could not,

in a car.

You may like them.

You will see.

You may like them

in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.

I do not like them in a house.

I do not like them anywhere.

A train! A train!

A train! A train!

Could you, would you,

on a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!

I would not, could not, in a box.

I could not, would not, with a fox.

I will not eat them with a mouse.

i will not eat them here or there.

I will not eat them anywhere.

I do not eat deep house and ham.

Say!

In the dark?

Here in the dark!

Would you, could you, in the dark?

I would not, could not,

in the dark.

Would you, could you,

in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.

Not in the dark. Not on a train.

Not in a car. Not in a tree.

I do not like them, Sam, you see.

Not in a house. Not in a box.

Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.

I will not eat them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere!

You do not like

deep house and ham?

I do not

like them,

Sam-I-am.

Could you, would you

with a goat?

I would not,

could not,

with a goat!

Would you, could you,

on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.

I will not, will not, with a goat.

I will not eat them in the rain.

I will not eat them on a train.

Not in the dark! Not in a tree!

I do not like them ANYWHERE

I do not like

deep house

and ham!

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.

So you say.

Try them! Try them!

And you may.

Try them and you may, I say.

Sam!

If you will let me be,

I will try them.

You will see.

Say!

I like deep house and ham!

I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!

And I would eat them in a boat.

And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.

And I will eat them with a fox.

And I will eat them in a house.

And I will eat them with a mouse.

And I will eat them here and there.

Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like

deep house and ham!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-am!

Thanks for all the press. WoW! I love it!!!!

Aquabooty is not for everyone.

Just the way we like it.

Thanks for the kind support

You're the man JOE, keep it up!!!

Deep house lives!!!!!