Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty @ Nocturnal

Guest LeVeL

What u think about Deep House in the Rooftop  

1. 1. What u think about Deep House in the Rooftop

Guest laliux

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PAST' date=' JUST SPEAKING MY MIND OF HOW DEAD AQUABOOTY MUSIC IS. IF IT WERE IGNORANCE I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IT. SO YOU KNOW ALL YOUR STATS ABOUT CHICAGO, NYC..BLA BLA.. I'M TALKING ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHTS @ NOCTURNAL (2005). I SAY KEEP ROLAND PLAYING ALL NIGHT LONG... BRING CEDRIC, LEMOCH, LAZARDI, BRUNO, SANDER K, DEEP DISH, OSCAR G, HOUSE .. KEEP ME ENTERTAINED, MAKE ME MOVE, DANCING! ETC. THE PATIO NEEDS TO BE MORE LIVE! NO TIENE VIDA EL PATIO D' NOCTURNAL. :P

[/quote']

You missed the point I was making, but you're naturally dumb, so I expected it. The reason why I say you're dumb and you have no clue is because, if Nocturnal was to bring the type of sound you're requesting, it would just be another club Space. And it would fail miserably. Not good business and not smart period. But only smart people understand that and you certainly don't fit the bill. You can't compete with Space; ENVY tried and failed. Warehouse is still trying and is going to fail. You're just the typical miami clubber that goes where anybody else goes, and listens to whatever anybody else listens to. Nocturnal will be a huge success because it's different and gives people an alternative to Space. Not all of us want to listen to the same tracks everywhere we go. To you that's good, to me it's monotonous and boring.

I bet his favorite track right now is "Pump Up the Jam".

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PAST, JUST SPEAKING MY MIND OF HOW DEAD AQUABOOTY MUSIC IS. IF IT WERE IGNORANCE I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IT. SO YOU KNOW ALL YOUR STATS ABOUT CHICAGO, NYC..BLA BLA.. I'M TALKING ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHTS @ NOCTURNAL (2005). I SAY KEEP ROLAND PLAYING ALL NIGHT LONG... BRING CEDRIC, LEMOCH, LAZARDI, BRUNO, SANDER K, DEEP DISH, OSCAR G, HOUSE .. KEEP ME ENTERTAINED, MAKE ME MOVE, DANCING! ETC. THE PATIO NEEDS TO BE MORE LIVE! NO TIENE VIDA EL PATIO D' NOCTURNAL. :P

You missed the point I was making, but you're naturally dumb, so I expected it. The reason why I say you're dumb and you have no clue is because, if Nocturnal was to bring the type of sound you're requesting, it would just be another club Space. And it would fail miserably. Not good business and not smart period. But only smart people understand that and you certainly don't fit the bill. You can't compete with Space; ENVY tried and failed. Warehouse is still trying and is going to fail. You're just the typical miami clubber that goes where anybody else goes, and listens to whatever anybody else listens to. Nocturnal will be a huge success because it's different and gives people an alternative to Space. Not all of us want to listen to the same tracks everywhere we go. To you that's good, to me it's monotonous and boring.

I bet his favorite track right now is "Pump Up the Jam".

LMAO, as frightening as this may sound, I think it might be true. He probably walks around with glowsticks and dresses like that girl/guy hybrid in Saleen's thread. LMAO!!!!!

Guest swank

an Aquabooty patio is better than a reggaeton, & hip hop patio. thats just my opinion.

Reggaeton is Satan.

LOL, if warehouse changed their format to reggaeton at least they won't have to worry about space anymore :P

This is soooooooooooooooooooooo True, but they had a reggaeton party a few weeks back there.................not sure how they did though!!!!!

If they were smart businessmen or women they would forget about progressive house and make a reggaeton/dirtysouth afterhours. It would draw all those drunk guys from south beach and they would make a killing. Sometimes to make money you have to put your passion aside look at things objectively. When you do what everybody else is doing especially in a competitive area which is already dominated by a big player, you will lose. You need to break new ground and be different. Or else you get minimal results. That's a lesson Envy/Warehouse has yet to learn. I'm pretty sure that's something the Nocturnal crew thought about before even building the club. A year from now they WILL be packed on both nights and I wouldn't be surprised if the added a thrusday night to the lineup.

I agree - there is lots of money to be made by playing the FUBUs*.

* For those unfamilair, the "FUBU" is a particualr species of homo erectus that is akin to the "AX" (or Armani Exchange) the difference being that the Armani Exchange are typically caught in their eponymous garb or stripped shirts and listening to Party 93.1 (techno) whereas the FUBU are typically caught in the latest RocaWear or SeanJohn apparel and listening to 103.5 The Beat (rap). In both cases, the species is wholesale unfamiliar with the roots of the music and the fact that what they are listening to is extraordinarily different from house or hip hop respectively.

FYI "Vinny" The Party's over at "Party 93.1" it's now a rock station and no prodding or anything, but where do you fit in if you're not a "FUBU" or an "AX"?

it's just that I HATE stupid derogatory connotations...

Guest VinnyCasharelli

FYI "Vinny" The Party's over at "Party 93.1" it's now a rock station and no prodding or anything, but where do you fit in if you're not a "FUBU" or an "AX"?

it's just that I HATE stupid derogatory connotations...

My ignorance with respect to the current status of the radio station seems to be surpassed only by my ignorance in segregating individuals into arbitrary derogatory groups.

Thank you for pointing out my foolish judgemental attitude - it seems to coincide with my uptight-ness. To each their own!

[Edit: I remove my hateful remarks of this evening from the forums.]

Guest musicalmissionary

DEEP HOUSE and Ham

Sam I am

I am Sam

I am Sam

Sam I am

That Sam-I-am!

That Sam-I-am!

I do not like

that Sam-I-am!

Do you like

deep house and ham?

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

Would you like them

here or there?

I would not like them

here or there.

I would not like them

anywhere.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

Would you like them

in a house?

Would you like them

with a mouse?

I do not like them

in a house.

I do not like them

with a mouse.

I do not like them

here or there.

I do not like them

anywhere.

I do not like deep house and ham.

I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Would you eat them

in a box?

Would you eat them

with a fox?

Not in a box.

Not with a fox.

Not in a house.

Not with a mouse.

I would not eat them here or there.

I would not eat them anywhere.

I would not eat deep house and ham.

Would you? Could you?

In a car?

Eat them! Eat them!

Here they are.

I would not,

could not,

in a car.

You may like them.

You will see.

You may like them

in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.

Not in a car! You let me be!

I do not like them in a box.

I do not like them with a fox.

I do not like them in a house.

I do not like them with a mouse.

I do not like them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere.

A train! A train!

A train! A train!

Could you, would you,

on a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!

I would not, could not, in a box.

I could not, would not, with a fox.

I will not eat them with a mouse.

I will not eat them in a house.

i will not eat them here or there.

I will not eat them anywhere.

I do not eat deep house and ham.

Say!

In the dark?

Here in the dark!

Would you, could you, in the dark?

I would not, could not,

in the dark.

Would you, could you,

in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.

Not in the dark. Not on a train.

Not in a car. Not in a tree.

I do not like them, Sam, you see.

Not in a house. Not in a box.

Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.

I will not eat them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere!

You do not like

deep house and ham?

I do not

like them,

Sam-I-am.

Could you, would you

with a goat?

I would not,

could not,

with a goat!

Would you, could you,

on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.

I will not, will not, with a goat.

I will not eat them in the rain.

I will not eat them on a train.

Not in the dark! Not in a tree!

I do not like them ANYWHERE

I do not like

deep house

and ham!

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.

So you say.

Try them! Try them!

And you may.

Try them and you may, I say.

Sam!

If you will let me be,

I will try them.

You will see.

Say!

I like deep house and ham!

I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!

And I would eat them in a boat.

And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.

And I will eat them with a fox.

And I will eat them in a house.

And I will eat them with a mouse.

And I will eat them here and there.

Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like

deep house and ham!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-am!

Thanks for all the press. WoW! I love it!!!!

Aquabooty is not for everyone.

Just the way we like it.

Thanks for the kind support

BEST POST EVAR!!!!

Guest VinnyCasharelli

DEEP HOUSE and Ham

Sam I am

I am Sam

I am Sam

Sam I am

That Sam-I-am!

That Sam-I-am!

I do not like

that Sam-I-am!

Do you like

deep house and ham?

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

Would you like them

here or there?

I would not like them

here or there.

I would not like them

anywhere.

I do not like

deep house and ham.

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

Would you like them

in a house?

Would you like them

with a mouse?

I do not like them

in a house.

I do not like them

with a mouse.

I do not like them

here or there.

I do not like them

anywhere.

Would you eat them

in a box?

Would you eat them

with a fox?

Not in a box.

Not with a fox.

Not in a house.

Not with a mouse.

I would not eat them here or there.

I would not eat them anywhere.

I would not eat deep house and ham.

Would you? Could you?

In a car?

Eat them! Eat them!

Here they are.

I would not,

could not,

in a car.

You may like them.

You will see.

You may like them

in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.

I do not like them in a house.

I do not like them anywhere.

A train! A train!

A train! A train!

Could you, would you,

on a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!

I would not, could not, in a box.

I could not, would not, with a fox.

I will not eat them with a mouse.

i will not eat them here or there.

I will not eat them anywhere.

I do not eat deep house and ham.

Say!

In the dark?

Here in the dark!

Would you, could you, in the dark?

I would not, could not,

in the dark.

Would you, could you,

in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.

Not in the dark. Not on a train.

Not in a car. Not in a tree.

I do not like them, Sam, you see.

Not in a house. Not in a box.

Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.

I will not eat them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere!

You do not like

deep house and ham?

I do not

like them,

Sam-I-am.

Could you, would you

with a goat?

I would not,

could not,

with a goat!

Would you, could you,

on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.

I will not, will not, with a goat.

I will not eat them in the rain.

I will not eat them on a train.

Not in the dark! Not in a tree!

I do not like them ANYWHERE

I do not like

deep house

and ham!

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.

So you say.

Try them! Try them!

And you may.

Try them and you may, I say.

Sam!

If you will let me be,

I will try them.

You will see.

Say!

I like deep house and ham!

I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!

And I would eat them in a boat.

And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.

And in the dark. And on a train.

And in a car. And in a tree.

They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.

And I will eat them with a fox.

And I will eat them in a house.

And I will eat them with a mouse.

And I will eat them here and there.

Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like

deep house and ham!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-am!

Thanks for all the press. WoW! I love it!!!!

Aquabooty is not for everyone.

Just the way we like it.

Thanks for the kind support

BEST POST EVAR!!!!

Word

Don't get me wrong guys, I love that DT, David Morales type big room NY house, but there is a time for that. AFTERHOURS!!! That's what progressive house tries so hard to be and it fails everytime.LOL. Progressive just sounds too synthetic and lifeless for me. GARBAGE!!!

Guest pod

I go away to watch a movie (Episode III - hehe I saw it in a theatre with 10 other people...it was glorious, no SW geeks, no ghetto kids, no babies...) and all this goes down?

That being said, I've been graciously informed via IM by Phillipio, the undisputed king of deep house, that the CJ membership is showing it's "collective stupidity" this evening.

I've been requested to ban Sir Level, even. Phil really has it out for you right now. Probably because you hate his good pal whom is no longer allowed on here. Either that or I won't let him post under his "." pseudonym.

Yes, Phil. I got your IM. I think you should go back to designing planes with loose rivets. Remind me not to fly in anything you designed, it's liable to violate the old "let your takeoff and successful landing ratio equal 1/1" rule.

I don't know, but aside from a few new posters, I'd say this has been one of the more intelligent debates we've had this week.

Ya know, we've got plenty of venues now. I'm of the school that we don't really need any more. As a matter of fact, I wish some existing venues would shut down on the beach and move downtown. There's enough venues to serve a whole variety of tastes. The trick here is patience. A "new" style can't immediately take over a megaclub's main room. It has to pay it's dues elsewhere. I'd like to think that the Aquabooty crew has done that, now they have their reward of sorts.

Guest LdySphynx

As a matter of fact, I wish some existing venues would shut down on the beach and move downtown.

I couldn't AGREE MORE with you on this!!!!!!!

Guest pod

I kinda wish the crobar project panned out, and that the Milons stuck around too. If that was the case we'd have seven venues in the 24 hour district right now. There's so much potential in the area it hurts.

Guest LdySphynx

I kinda wish the crobar project panned out, and that the Milons stuck around too. If that was the case we'd have seven venues in the 24 hour district right now. There's so much potential in the area it hurts.

I know I soooooooooooooooooooooo wanted that whole Crobar Deal to go down..........................Crobar with Patio OMFG!!!!!!

Hopefully it will keep on growing but then again hopefully it doesnt take a club as long as it took Nocturnal by then we will all be in Retirement Homes :P.

Damn a Crobar afterhours with David morales as afterhours resident would be the shit. What's the deal with Crobar? no more downtown or will they reconsider?

Guest pod

Shevled until further notice. Building is slated for demolition actually.

The CRA has big plans for the area still though. The 24 hour club zone is just the beginning.

Guest musicalmissionary

I don't know, but aside from a few new posters, I'd say this has been one of the more intelligent debates we've had this week.

Umm, there may have been a few strokes of thought that went into this thread, but overall there was absolutely no intelligence whatsoever..... well except for Joe's "Deep House and Ham" post. ;D

Genre-debating is about as stupid as it gets.

Guest LeVeL

I've been requested to ban Sir Level, even. Phil really has it out for you right now. Probably because you hate his good pal whom is no longer allowed on here.

LMAO ;D :P

The reality of the situation....

Pay attention..

AB is doing great, sure they don't spend money nor buy bottles but they fill their niche. However NOC has two huge huge problems in terms of AB.

1. Can AB keep it going every week for a year?? doubtful (especially if changes are made to welfare payouts)

2. When Roland and Biz want to bring in guests, they are now forced to wait for AB to end and only have after hours.. This doesn't make sense since their guests are lower than the space jocks. They won't have the same pulling power. Thus friday after hours does not make any sense to have parties with guests.

Noc will bring Roland to saturdays at 5am on the patio. I say we start placing bets when it goes down... I know the guests roland and biz want to bring in, while I would love to see them, they won't draw even with the biggest hype at 5am on a friday.

Roland can't spin both nights, so AB will be giving the compete fridays on the patio before you know it. Why NOC doesn't exploit this raggeton crap is beyond me...

Now NOC will deny it for a long time that Roland is moving, and right now there is ZERO plans for it, but I can see the future and future looks good for saturdays.

Guest tres-b

Future Noctunal Lineup:

Fridays:

Mainroom-Hip Slop/Open Format

Patio-Aquabooty

Saturdays:

Mainroom-Stryke/Headliner

Patio-Roland/Headliner

Personally, I havent been to an AB event but deep house doesnt traditionally make big $$$ in big clubs. It is more a lounge sound that serves as background and the majority(not everyone so dont get your panties in a knot if you love deep house)of people who go out dont go out to hear a deep house dj.

I havent been to the venue but this just makes sense. Roland owned the patio at old Space the 3 or 4 times I saw him there and Stryke has a big room bangin sound.

Is this similiar to the format at Space? Yes, but Roland/Biz pull more people than Ivano or whoever else they have on the patio. Cedric and Stryke have such different styles that both will draw people. Headliners will pull crowds from one venue to the other from weekend to weekend.

Stryke has the ability and talent to create a massive residency at Nocturnal similiar to OG at Space. Will he be given the opportunity?

Anyone else have predictions???

Guest musicalmissionary

Noc will bring Roland to saturdays at 5am on the patio.

Roland can't spin both nights, so AB will be giving the compete fridays on the patio before you know it.

Get a double-dose of DHM before and after the guest dj. This would ROCK!!!! Hope it happens.

Guest JustDade

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PAST, JUST SPEAKING MY MIND OF HOW DEAD AQUABOOTY MUSIC IS. IF IT WERE IGNORANCE I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IT. SO YOU KNOW ALL YOUR STATS ABOUT CHICAGO, NYC..BLA BLA.. I'M TALKING ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHTS @ NOCTURNAL (2005). I SAY KEEP ROLAND PLAYING ALL NIGHT LONG... BRING CEDRIC, LEMOCH, LAZARDI, BRUNO, SANDER K, DEEP DISH, OSCAR G, HOUSE .. KEEP ME ENTERTAINED, MAKE ME MOVE, DANCING! ETC. THE PATIO NEEDS TO BE MORE LIVE! NO TIENE VIDA EL PATIO D' NOCTURNAL. :P

You're in luck, my friend. That line-up is playing at a club near Nocturnal...which is why we do it different.

Future Noctunal Lineup:

Fridays:

Patio-Aquabooty

Saturdays:

Patio-Roland/Headliner

Personally, I havent been to an AB event but deep house doesnt traditionally make big $$$ in big clubs. It is more a lounge sound that serves as background and the majority(not everyone so dont get your panties in a knot if you love deep house)of people who go out dont go out to hear a deep house dj.

I havent been to the venue but this just makes sense. Roland owned the patio at old Space the 3 or 4 times I saw him there and Stryke has a big room bangin sound.

Is this similiar to the format at Space? Yes, but Roland/Biz pull more people than Ivano or whoever else they have on the patio. Cedric and Stryke have such different styles that both will draw people. Headliners will pull crowds from one venue to the other from weekend to weekend.

Stryke has the ability and talent to create a massive residency at Nocturnal similiar to OG at Space. Will he be given the opportunity?

Not a bad idea to tell you the truth. The only thing you must remember is that Nocturnal's patio is always open which gives it an advantage. The only thing is finding enough talernt to fill in all those time slots.

Future Noctunal Lineup:

Fridays:

Patio-Aquabooty

Saturdays:

Patio-Roland/Headliner

Personally' date=' I havent been to an AB event but deep house doesnt traditionally make big $$$ in big clubs. It is more a lounge sound that serves as background and the majority(not everyone so dont get your panties in a knot if you love deep house)of people who go out dont go out to hear a deep house dj.

[/quote']

The only thing is finding enough talernt to fill in all those time slots.

I don't think that should be a problem