Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memorial Weekend review

Guest lil_liz

Guest lil_liz

How was everyone's long holiday weekend?

Mine...

Thursday - I arrive in Chicago an hour late so I didn't get to my parent's til 11:00 pm. Got ready and met my friend for her birthday. We go to this place called Spy Bar downtown and as we were waiting in line, Vince Vaughn comes stumbling in asking what is this place? So reluctant to go in because not really wanting to see some of the people, we go in and the place was packed. Music was sub par but kinda got a bit better later on. Saw some people that I haven't seen in years and mingled. Then bumped into Vince Vaughn again and this chic I knew who was by us pegged him in the head with ice and then turned away. So he looked at my friend like she did it and got a little saucy..but he got over it. We finally leave cause her ex was there and I was getting tired of the wannabe glam in which no joke everyone looked the same. So we go back to my friends place, drank wine and talked til 7 in the morning.

Friday- after 3 hours of sleep and a wicked wine hangover I proceeded to get up, walk around downtown in which was close to her place. Took the el train to Wrigleyville and then to Boystown and took some pics. Ended up staying in still in recovery.

Saturday - shopped with the p's all day. Hung out and took it easy.

Sunday - went to RRR BBQ hosted by my friends on this other message board. Kick ass house music with Mazi, Hipp-E and others. Drank a lot of sangria in which kept me warm in the 50 something degree weather that was going on. Great to hang out with some really down people. WEnt to a friends place to regroup and plan for Crobar. Went to Crobar and thought it was going to be gay night with Little Louis (the one who produced French Kiss) spinning. Well Little Loius was spinning, but was FAR from gay night. More like ghetto night. Though, more like old school people. He spun some really nice vocal house and a lot of drums and horns. However the vibe was killing our buzz and so we headed back to my friends place where we caught up on old time til 5am

Today - a little tired but feeling ok, having a small bbq with the fam and heading out at 7pm

Had a great time, just wish the weather was a little warmer.

Guest Diabolique

Fri - saw my stepmom in Minneapolis

Sat- flew home, went out to Mama Mia's w/ a few peeps, for my chilean sea bass fix that's been festering for months,

sun - packed and went to a BBQ that lasted til 3 am, heh heh

Monday - flew out

hectic but nice :)

Guest Devilicious

Thursday, Tantra

Friday, sailboat, sleep

Saturday sailboat, Space

Sunday, Tootsie's

Monday, boating

Guest tiltmiami

wednesday-Blue

thursday-pearl/tantra

friday-hard rock

saturday-nikki/space

sunday-nikki

overall a great weekend despite all the hip hop bull shit

Guest LdySphynx

Thusday- Pearl

Friday- Cafeteria

Saturday-Sleep/Nikkis

Sunday- Space/Chilled/Tootsies

Monday- Boating/......./PTFOed

Tuesday- Just getting home

fri-nada

sat-shoppin spree at banna republic/macy then lyriks house drank a lot watched chappelle with some peeps

sun-blue got trashed

mon-hung with friend nadia went to beach/japanese restaurant /hung her her house

Guest lil_liz

are you in chi town for good now?

Nope, not going back. Things in my life has changed for the better here and though I won't be seeing much of you guys, I will still be around.

Guest ramon

thurs - arrived in detroit .. went to deq release party @ oslo

fri - went record shopping at recordtime , neptune , and detroit threads and went to 'the works' for depature with demi and derek plasaiko

sat - fuse in festival / outpost @ envy for afterhours with mathewjonson/luciano

sun - fuse in festival / tronic treatment stage most of the day/ tronic treatment afterhours at a very shady loft space

mon - fuse in festival / afterhours @ oslo with hawtin+luciano with no a/c or lights.

tues - more shopping at recordtime/neptune and then dinner with some friends

wed - missed my flight .. made my second flight .. passed the fuck out

thurs - back to reality here at work :)

Guest barstar diana

i went to flavor on sun for the electro party but besides that stayed far away from blackbeachweek.com :x