Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US SOCCER TEAM

Guest Ar

Guest ddg

dude ...your a cocksucker for saying "fuck the US"

how so? cause they are a crap football ("soccer") team?

thats all i was implying..

third world? so what!

most americans dont even own a passport!

( and france, england, germany, holland, portugal, spain, italy, sweden, denmark, belgium, switzerland, greece are not 3rd world countries...... just a few of the best teams in "soccer" history)

if you were implying that the us soccer teams sucks..well say..."the us soccer team sucks"

dont say fuck the us

btw...i like how you excluded Argentina from your list of some of the best teams in "soccer" history.... ::) ::)

nice little 3-1 victory over Brazil to clinch the trip to Germany...

Guest The_Man

a third world sport most americans dont care about. id rather watch PBA.

Since when are England, France, Germany, Italy and France third world countries? ???

i wouldnt know since i never said they were. for all i know some kids might be playing buzkashi right now somewhere in the US. that doesnt make it any better.

You said "third world sport" and soccer is by far the number one sport in the countries I mentioned.

It's too bad that more people here don't like the sport. The tension between countries is intense. For instance, Argentina vs. Brasil is a million times more intense than FSU vs. Miami. It's more than "just a game" outside the US.

and also the most popular in countries without indoor plumbing. to have a national team all you need is shoes for every player.

yes, Andres Escobar found out just how much "more than a game" it can be.

people can like whatever they want, and im not debating its popularity in the world. i dont like the game yet i think the world cup can be exciting at times. however, insulting others for not liking a sport is ignorant. the clock counts up for crying out loud.

Yes, and the same holds true for basketball. Shoes and a ball.

And where are my insults??? Never once did I do that. On the contrary, I took the high road.

im not claiming basketball to be a wonder sport and countries suck for not properly liking it, like some people here are. similarly, the insult comment wasnt really directed at you.

Gotcha. No, it's difficult for Americans to see why the sport is so popular and that's understandable. Soccer is extremely low scoring, whcih doesn't have much appeal here. Also, the US markets flashy athletes (Michael Jordan-dunks, Barry Bonds-home runs, Terrell Owens-touchdowns, etc.).

On another note, I fear edm is the music equivalent to soccer in this country. Will the fever ever hit this country??