Clubplanet Nightlife Community

6/17 Chris Fortier 'Balance 007' @ King King + US Tour Dates

Guest plexipr

Guest plexipr

Fresh off the heels of his new mix album BALANCE 007, a 3xCD and 2x12" vinyl album from the acclaimed Balance CD series from Australia's EQ Recordings, DJ/producer CHRIS FORTIER continues his trek along his U.S. and international tour dates.

balance007.jpg

Friday, June 17th

Chris Fortier

Balance 007 Album Release Party

King King

6555 Hollywood Blvd.

Free b4 10:30pm on guestlist

www.basicpromotions.com

“Fortier assuredly shrugs off his progressive house tag for pure progress, one all the egghead house and techno aficianados are bound to eat up. Deep, and at times deceptive in their build, Fortier’s concocted an uncommon set of sounds in Balance 007, which now places him in a stable of the world’s best DJs.†–BPM MAGAZINE

On BALANCE 007, Chris Fortier’s brings together a long career in electronic dance music to emerge with an evolved album featuring the minimal, mechanic sounds of a DJ whose tech-laden side is in force. The album features various tracks from established artists such as Carl Craig, Rabbit in the Moon, Hardfloor, Bent, Slam, and Agoria, as well as obscure electro cuts mined from obscurity. His reputation as a skillful deft mixer is prevalent here with ultra smooth transitions including his own re-edits that create a “crushing symphony†across 3xCDs. (SOUNDREVOLT.com)

Currently on his summer 2005 tour, Chris Fortier continues to travel to every corner of the globe with a heady arsenal of underground tunes that propel the dancefloor into action. Shortly following his US and European tour dates this summer, Chris will venture to the Far East (China, Indonesia, South Korea, and Singapore) before returning to continue the Autumn leg of his U.S. tour.

“Fade label head Fortier keeps a constant ear perked towards first-rate music… this whopping 3-disc set cannonballs most other compilations to shame.†-URB (4.5 out of 5 stars)

“The pace is breathless on Balance 007.†-ORLANDO SENTINEL

“[balance 007] it’s a wonderful triumph of both technique and substance that wiggles on in a seemingly never-ending groove.†– DJ MAG

“…Fortier, the DJ, after more than a decade in this game, continues onwards and upwards.†– I-DJ MAGAZINE

Chris Fortier ‘BALANCE 007’ Summer 2005 Tour Dates

June 15 Albuquerque, USA @ The Pulse

June 17 Los Angeles, USA @ King King

June 24 New York City @ Sullivan Room

June 25 San Francisco, USA @ 111 Minna

July 01 Boston, USA @ Rise

July 02 Washington DC @ Andalu

July 03 Pittsburgh, USA @ Sanctuary

July 07 Mexico City, Mexico @ Alcanto

July 08 Queratara, Mexico @ Fore Play

July 09 Guadalajara, Mexico @ Club Euro

July 15 Madrid, Spain @ Coppelia 101

July 16 Fragma Huesca, Spain @ Monegros Desert Festival

July 21 Indianapolis, USA @ Evolving

July 22 Milwaukee, USA (TBC)

July 23 Seattle, USA @ Trinity

July 29 Atlanta, USA @ The Mark

July 30 Miami Beach, USA @ Nocturnal

More dates TBA.

About the BALANCE compilation series…

Australian Melbourne based EQ’s Balance compilation series is a success story for many reasons. There are few, if any, Australian labels that can boast such an internationally reputed series. Slowly gaining on the heels of the Global Underground series, Balance serves as a flagship for the progressive movement, although the acclaimed offerings from recent Balance contributors Phil K, James Holden and Chris Fortier have made fans of progressive use the word in its widest possible context. “Part of the reason I agreed to do the mix was because I really liked where the series was going, especially Phil K’s and James Holden’s mixes,†explains Fortier. “I really liked that it had created its own identity now. And I liked the fact that I could still do whatever I wanted to do, and still contribute to the defining nature of the series as opposed to being part of a series that everyone already has a definition for.†(INPRESS – Terry Goldfain)

www.djchrisfortier.com

www.faderecords.com

www.stomp.com.au