Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wal-Mart has stooped to an all time low

Guest swirlundergrounder

I like Walmart's new Grocery market...just like a publix, ppl are friendly, and the meat section is much better cuz it comes in jumbo packs so u save $

Shit, I have not done my grocery shopping anywhere else, I buy 3 times as much as I would in any of the other Big Name Markets and for half the price!!!!

Have you seen the Walmart Grocery? Not sure if they have any down there yet...not all walmart's have them, looks just like a reg publix but open to the rest of the dept store

Guest LdySphynx

I like Walmart's new Grocery market...just like a publix, ppl are friendly, and the meat section is much better cuz it comes in jumbo packs so u save $

Shit, I have not done my grocery shopping anywhere else, I buy 3 times as much as I would in any of the other Big Name Markets and for half the price!!!!

Have you seen the Walmart Grocery? Not sure if they have any down there yet...not all walmart's have them, looks just like a reg publix but open to the rest of the dept store

Yep, it's called the SuperCenter, I LOVE IT!!!!!

8)

if you're into protein bars...they have the best deal than anywhere else ive seen...bars that you would find at 7/11 for like $2.50-$3 bucks, u can get it there for half price...i tend to just buy a box's worth

Guest LdySphynx

8)

if you're into protein bars...they have the best deal than anywhere else ive seen...bars that you would find at 7/11 for like $2.50-$3 bucks, u can get it there for half price...i tend to just buy a box's worth

Yeah I know almost all of thier stuff is like 50% or even 75% less then in regular Markets!!!!

Guest mursa

I can't wait for the Super Wal-Mart to be completed two block south from my apt here in NMB .

Publix gets mad expensive when compared to what you can get in walmart .

Guest swirlundergrounder

I can't wait for the Super Wal-Mart to be completed two block south from my apt here in NMB .

I live about 3 miles east on 163rd by the beach and that Walmart will do nothing but kill the small businesses in that area and cause major traffic jams right there on 163rd. We'll see how you'll like your commute when you have to tack on another 7-10 minutes just to get through that stretch of road during rush hour twice a day

I live about 3 miles east on 163rd by the beach and that Walmart will do nothing but kill the small businesses in that area and cause major traffic jams right there on 163rd. We'll see how you'll like your commute when you have to tack on another 7-10 minutes just to get through that stretch of road during rush hour twice a day

163rd is already busy as hell after biscayne going towards 95...i lived by 173rd and 19th ave b4 i moved to orlando...used to take the side streets as much as possible

Guest Cosmigonon

8)

Ughhh, I hate protein bars, they taste like crap... :-X

Guest Cosmigonon

walmart employs 100s of people per store. is it fair to the mom and pop's they cant compete? probably not, but i dont see how in the grand scheme our economy is worse by walmarts existence versus the 4 or 5 employees at a mom and pop store. the beauty of capitalism is that it gives every business an equal chance to succeed or fail. sometimes life itself isnt fair.

Because when it comes down to it, quality and competiton is good for our economy. As consumers don't we want choices? Don't we want quality? Walmart is all about quanitity. They don't give a shit about quality. So the more Walmart and super shops like it expands it cheapens the quality of service and the quality of products that you are offered as a consumer. Sure you can go buy a DVD player at Walmart for $30 bucks, but what knid of quality do you think you will get? When you have a problem with lets say a computer that you buy do you think the clerk working the counter at Walmart will be able to give you a more qualifying anwser to your problem than the specialty computer shop?

I don't know about you guys but as a consumer, I want to be treated right when I spend my hard earned money on a product. I want to feel comfortable that if I buy a product and something happens to it that I'll get the answers that I need from an epxert and not some robotic minimum waged employee that doen't really give a shit what happens to you and the product you buy.

Well, then just don't buy at Wal-Mart.

I don't. I haven't been there in years..

Then why are you complaining?

Why am I complaining? Re-read what I wrote about the dimisnishing quality of consumer products and services and what kind of affect it's having on our economy.

I'm also complaing about the process of which pets are sold by Walmart and if it's really necessary.

What effect? Nobody forces anyone to buy there, that's the beauty of capitalism, you can choose the cheapest product. What? You wanna force to buy in a small store with higher prices? Who gets the benefit? certainly not me, but the owners of that business.

You don't like the quality of Wal-Mart? Then go buy somehwere else, that's the whole idea, freedom of choice for the consumer.

8)

there are over 20 diff types, some are nasty taste like shit some r pretty good. I used to eat the Cliff bars, but now i stick w/ Power Bar Protein Plus...rated #2 on Muscle Fitness special edition for best taste, protein, and carbs.

I find this flavor to be the best, just got a box yesterday at Walmart 8)

Power_ProteinPlusBar.jpg

Guest Cosmigonon

8)

there are over 20 diff types, some are nasty taste like shit some r pretty good. I used to eat the Cliff bars, but now i stick w/ Power Bar Protein Plus...rated #2 on Muscle Fitness special edition for best taste, protein, and carbs.

Power_ProteinPlusBar.jpg

I don't like chocolate peanut butter.

8)

Power_ProteinPlusBar.jpg

I don't like chocolate peanut butter.

i dont like walgreens shades

Guest mursa

I live 2 blocks north from the walmart, therefore i can even walk ..therefore traffic is no problem ...

...and as far as traffic wise , i almost always use Miami Gardens to get to where i need to be whether it be the gym or when going to work or when getting I-95 ...so its no biggie to me .

Guest mursa

8)

Power_ProteinPlusBar.jpg

lmao .............hold up , does this mean your working out nowadays ?

Guest swirlundergrounder

I live 2 blocks north from the walmart, therefore i can even walk ..therefore traffic is no problem ...

...and as far as traffic wise , i almost always use Miami Gardens to get to where i need to be whether it be the gym or when going to work or when getting I-95 ...so its no biggie to me .

Ah. If you can use Miami gardens then you are in a good spot then...

Guest swirlundergrounder

walmart employs 100s of people per store. is it fair to the mom and pop's they cant compete? probably not, but i dont see how in the grand scheme our economy is worse by walmarts existence versus the 4 or 5 employees at a mom and pop store. the beauty of capitalism is that it gives every business an equal chance to succeed or fail. sometimes life itself isnt fair.

Because when it comes down to it, quality and competiton is good for our economy. As consumers don't we want choices? Don't we want quality? Walmart is all about quanitity. They don't give a shit about quality. So the more Walmart and super shops like it expands it cheapens the quality of service and the quality of products that you are offered as a consumer. Sure you can go buy a DVD player at Walmart for $30 bucks, but what knid of quality do you think you will get? When you have a problem with lets say a computer that you buy do you think the clerk working the counter at Walmart will be able to give you a more qualifying anwser to your problem than the specialty computer shop?

I don't know about you guys but as a consumer, I want to be treated right when I spend my hard earned money on a product. I want to feel comfortable that if I buy a product and something happens to it that I'll get the answers that I need from an epxert and not some robotic minimum waged employee that doen't really give a shit what happens to you and the product you buy.

Well, then just don't buy at Wal-Mart.

I don't. I haven't been there in years..

Then why are you complaining?

Why am I complaining? Re-read what I wrote about the dimisnishing quality of consumer products and services and what kind of affect it's having on our economy.

I'm also complaing about the process of which pets are sold by Walmart and if it's really necessary.

What effect? Nobody forces anyone to buy there, that's the beauty of capitalism, you can choose the cheapest product. What? You wanna force to buy in a small store with higher prices? Who gets the benefit? certainly not me, but the owners of that business.

You don't like the quality of Wal-Mart? Then go buy somehwere else, that's the whole idea, freedom of choice for the consumer.

You just made the point that I was trying to make. Mom and pop specialty owned retail stores are very rare these days. It's a sign of the times. Our society has become so rushed that we don't have time to make our shopping experience an outing anymore. We've become a consumer that wants everything our way and right away. because of that a certain part off out economy has suffered and also another part of the American dream has been diminished. That part being the ability of someone to open up their own retail business. Because of the pace of life that we are being forced to adopt that shopping experience will soon be something that we won't have time to do anymore. It's really sad actually.

I don't blame people for going to find the cheapest price and wanting to save money. You're right Josh that is everyones right. I want to save money just like the next guy. What I'am upset about is the business practices and ethics that these mega businesses like Walmart are adopting.