Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A ? for the Djs

0wizard0

I have a question for all the Djs on here.... i am a new begining Dj. I was wondering where does everyone get there weekly music updates. Is there any charts or websites? Plenty of music comes out every weekend, sooo where can I get updates weekly?

i think the best place is right here on the music board. just check out the top 10 or top 5 lists that are posted frequently. most of the people on CP know ALOT about the music, especially since so many are dj's. plus u'll find so many different genres.

i try to post a top 10 list every week.

------------------

A>

the best thing to do is to go to a record store (beyond bass, decadance, mondo, satellite, vinyl mania just to name few) EVERy tuesday, thats when new stuff comes out :P

------------------

hmmm.. interesting in promoting? email me >:) ibrealz@aol.com

Thanks for your help everyone. So its all about the recored stores? Should i just listen to ALL the new releases? Is it true that some some vinyl stores only get limited amout of some HOT new song?...or would they mostly be able to order more?

I would stick to listening to songs off of record store websites. www.satelliterecords.com is definitely a good start but not the say all of all record stores. Lots of times, record stores are too packed for you to get a good listen to more than like 15 songs. But at the comfort of your own home, you can listen to like 50 songs in an hour. Narrow down your choices online and then check out the record store.

Usually I sit here at work and listen to basically every real audio clip on satelliterecords.com Then I print out the list, go to the store and listen to them again (so I can actually listen to the entire thing) Its a bit of a process, but I think its pretty functional. Hope that helped...you might also wanna check out ordering records from Juno...I haven't tried it but my boy does it and claims he gets tracks early and cheap...Peace

------------------

rabanner2.jpg

http://www.rhythm-addiction.com