Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hells Kitchen .......

Guest mursa

Guest mursa

...anyone watch this show??

..its essentially about a Chef degrading wanna-be cooks for 60 minutes . it's Hilarious ....................especially for one who works in the rest. buisiness i've seen my share of kitchen conflicts ..

...it's on @ 9pm tonight

Guest web_norah

heard the guy was a real jerk :o

and the only chef ever to receive the best rating from Michelin, (in other words, he is like a genius in the kitchen). he has a show on BBC America which is basically just like the American version of FOx.

i prefer nice Nigella Lawson's style.

Guest mursa

and the only chef ever to receive the best rating from Michelin

Michelin is a rating system which goes from 1 to 4 i believe .....

.....he's a good Chef (voted best in england) , but there are very few culinary geniouses in the world , and most of those reside in France/Italy ...not in england .

and the only chef ever to receive the best rating from Michelin, (in other words, he is like a genius in the kitchen). he has a show on BBC America which is basically just like the American version of FOx.

yeah i saw an interview and he has the highest michelin rating of any chef ON THE PLANET.. or so I hear...

guy must know what he's doing then ;D

Guest mursa

yeah i saw an interview and he has the highest michelin rating of any chef ON THE PLANET.. or so I hear...

That interview was probably put out by FOX as a way to hype up its show.

lol.....like i said it's a rating system of 1 to 4 (or 1-3) .........there is no mega star studded michelin winner ......there are a couple of maximum rated michelin restaurants in France for example .

Guest mursa

The Hotel and Restaurant guide ("Red Guide")Founder André Michelin (January 16 1853 - April 4 1931) first published in 1900 a Quick Facts about: restaurant

A building where people go to eatrestaurant guide to help wealthy, gastronomically-oriented individuals choose hotels and restaurants while travelling by the new medium of the motor car. This guide is the oldest and best-known European hotel and restaurant guide. Its restaurant ratings (one to three Michelin Quick Facts about: stars

(astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interiorstars) are probably the most famous and influential gastronomic ratings in the world. The guide lists, in several volumes, restaurants in Quick Facts about: France

A republic in western Europe; the largest country wholly in EuropeFrance, Quick Facts about: Italy

A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century ADItaly, Quick Facts about: Spain

A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula; a former colonial powerSpain, Quick Facts about: Germany

A republic in central Europe; split into East German and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990Germany, the Quick Facts about: Netherlands

A constitutional monarchy in western Europe on the North Sea; achieved independence from Spain in 1579; half the country lies below sea levelNetherlands, Quick Facts about: Belgium

A monarchy in northwestern Europe; headquarters for the European Union and for the North Atlantic Treaty OrganizationBelgium, Quick Facts about: Luxembourg

A grand duchy (a constitutional monarchy) landlocked in northwestern Europe between France and Belgium and Germany; an international financial centerLuxembourg, and the Quick Facts about: UK

A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern IrelandUK. Each guide is generally only available in the language of the country for which it is published. Although hotels appear in the guide, including some without restaurants, it is generally perceived as a restaurant guide.

The Michelin Guide has historically had many more listings than its rival guides, relying on condensed summaries and symbols to describe each establishment in as little as two lines. Restaurants rated with a star were allowed to describe three signature dishes. Recently, however, very short summaries (2-3 lines) have been added for many establishments. It still manages to list a lot of places, e.g. 9000 in France.

The Red Guide uses anonymous inspections and does not charge for entries; conversely a majority of restaurant and hotel guides are little more than advertising opportunities for their clients.

Michelin stars are taken very seriously in the restaurant business, where the addition or loss of a star can mean a difference in turnover of millions of euros. Some three star restaurants are able to charge hundreds of dollars for a meal on the strength of their reputation.

It should be noted that not all listed restaurants are rated 1-3 stars. Most have none at all, and only a tiny fraction are considered to merit even one star. (For instance, in the UK and Ireland 2004 guide, out of 5500 entries, there are 98 with one star, 11 with two stars, and only 3 with three stars.)

In February, 2003, a prominent French chef, Quick Facts about: Bernard Loiseau

Quick Summary not found for this subjectBernard Loiseau, committed suicide when his widely-admired restaurant Côte d'Or in Saulieu, Quick Facts about: Burgundy

Red table wine from the Burgundy region of France (or any similar wine made elsewhere)Burgundy, was rumoured to be in danger of a downgrade by Michelin from three to two stars. However, most news reports attributed this suicide to a downgrade by the rival Quick Facts about: Gault Millau

Quick Summary not found for this subjectGault Millau guide, the Michelin guide having stated he would not be downgraded.

Michelin also publish other works including maps and the "Green Guides" which contain general tourist information and are updated less often than the Red Guides.

:P

Guest web_norah

.....he's a good Chef (voted best in england) , but there are very few culinary geniouses in the world , and most of those reside in France/Italy ...not in england .

** you obviously dont read any travel related magazines or tv shows, where restaurants in England are at the top of the world's best .......

http://www.london2012.org/en/news/archive/2005/march/2005-03-01-11-50.htm

Guest mursa

** you obviously dont read any travel related magazines or tv shows, where restaurants in England are at the top of the world's best .......

http://www.london2012.org/en/news/archive/2005/march/2005-03-01-11-50.htm

OF COARSE ENGLAND HAS GREAT RESTAURANTS ....its one of the richest countries in Europe , what you expect ?

..but at the same time you'll see that many of the chefs aren't english .

..aside from fish n chips , Haggus , and sheppards pie what other UK traditional dishes do you know ?

Guest web_norah
OF COARSE ENGLAND HAS GREAT RESTAURANTS ....its one of the richest countries in Europe , what you expect ?

you are contradicting yourself here ....since all the great chefs aren't English. do honestly think that all the great restaurants in London don't have ANY English chefs/ sous chefs and prep staff. Ramsey is one of them and so is Jamie Oliver.

..aside from fish n chips , Haggus , and sheppards pie what other UK traditional dishes do you know ?

i am not defending English food or dishes. however:

these chefs obviously don't prepare only one style of cuisine at these Michelin rated restaurants -mostly it is fusion, using local fare.......and as i said earlier, if you claim to know food and restaurants, you'd know that London was voted the place for culinary excellence by real critics. but now i realize you don't know sh**

and third, please, like Portuguese food is anything better than the English-- ::)

all linguica and beans. great stuff for your heart and liver.

Guest mursa

you are contradicting yourself here ....since all the great chefs aren't English. do honestly think that all the great restaurants in London don't have ANY English chefs/ sous chefs and prep staff. Ramsey is one of them and so is Jamie Oliver.

i am not defending English food or dishes. however:

these chefs obviously don't prepare only one style of cuisine at these Michelin rated restaurants -mostly it is fusion, using local fare.......and as i said earlier, if you claim to know food and restaurants, you'd know that London was voted the place for culinary excellence by real critics. but now i realize you don't know sh**

and third, please, like Portuguese food is anything better than the English-- ::)

all linguica and beans. great stuff for your heart and liver.

No , im not contradicting myself ............I was speaking about Culinary talent/tradition and you out of nowhere come with the argument of England being a Gourmet capital of the world and having excellent restaurants. .

But when you look closer you'll see that those very restaurants are cuisine from other countries and most of the times even the head chefs of those restaurants aren't even english .

Portuguese food is awesome , and healthy too due to it being known as a mediteranean diet ..

...and what does Peruvian food contribute ? Ceviche ? purple potatoes ?

PS...Jamie Oliver a great chef ??? .........lay off the FOODNETWORK ..lmao !

Guest web_norah

pick up a book or gourmet magazine and ease up on the disco biscuits, it may help your reading comprehension/ spelling.

London is a renowned world place for food.

btw --

Peruvian food is rated highly world-wide (in the Guiness Book World of Records, in case you didnt know!), places like Nobu and Grass have basically half of their menus using Peruvian food as many other fine restaurants world-wide....but i realize you don't frequent those spots or even read books or magazines ???

how many Portuguese dishes and ingredients are placed on famous restaurants?

NONE.

lol thanks for playing

Guest mursa

pick up a book or gourmet magazine and ease up on the disco biscuits, it may help your reading comprehension/ spelling.

London is a renowned world place for food.

btw --

Peruvian food is rated highly world-wide (in the Guiness Book World of Records, in case you didnt know!), places like Nobu and Grass have basically half of their menus using Peruvian food as many other fine restaurants world-wide....but i realize you don't frequent those spots or even read books or magazines ???

how many Portuguese dishes and ingredients are placed on famous restaurants?

NONE.

lol thanks for playing

First off , insult me in person if you dare ......and i'll maybe smack the inca out of your face . . . internet cowards are plentiful , so it seems .

and secondly , this convo is done on my part , since you can't even stay ON TOPIC ...

..this is about culinary traditions , and the dumb inca comes on talking about Restaurants ("renowned places for food").

nothing better than an indian acting all sophisticated ....lmao

Guest JMT

when i was in england (granted it was a few moons ago) the food was abysmal. they must have stepped it up.

Guest web_norah
when i was in england (granted it was a few moons ago) the food was abysmal. they must have stepped it up.

it isn't the best ever but in terms of the other foodies you can find there, and the fusion restaurants. it has definitely changed over the years and made a huge improvement.

Mursa - you're a real gentleman. you cant even dish out an argument over net without violent and racist remarks. what a real winner you're.

Guest mursa

Mursa - you're a real gentleman. you cant even dish out an argument over net without violent and racist remarks. what a real winner you're.

lol...now your playing victim ???!?? :D.........don't be hypocritical . ::)

I dished out and argument and your the one who can't stay on topic and resort to insulting me personally and on top of it my country .

Guest mursa

(clears throat )