Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Two-Faced Cat Dies...

Guest ic143

Guest ic143

18070968.jpg

ROSEBURG, Ore. - A newborn kitten recently entered the world with two faces and, hopefully, at least nine lives. Gemini was born Sunday with two mouths, two tongues, two noses and four eyes.

"I kind of feel sorry for her, because I can't know for a fact if she's going to live or die," its owner, Lee Bluetear of Glide, told the (Roseburg) News-Review. "If she makes it, she should be a perfectly normal and healthy cat. Other than having two faces."

Roseburg veterinarian Alan Ross, who examined the kitten on Tuesday, said he can't estimate the kitten's life span. He said when he first saw the kitten, he wouldn't have given her more than a 10 percent chance of survival.

"With the three of our veterinarians here, we have a combined total of 50 years of experience," Ross said. "We have never seen anything like this."

Bluetear, 40, said Gemini is much stronger and drinking more milk than in its first few days. Ross said that if the kitten does survive, it might need surgery to remove the extra tissue in between its two mouths.

Bluetear has been breeding different kinds of animals, starting with dogs, since 1980. Roughly three years ago, she discovered a litter of smaller than normal kittens she calls "miniature cats."

She now has plans to market the miniature cats, which grow to about 4 pounds, on the Internet.

Gemini was born to a miniature mother and a full-size father. "Everybody is totally amazed that this thing exists," Bluetear said.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Holy Shit!!! What a trip...!!! I've never seen anything like that b4..I like the name Gemini...I wonder if it has 2 brains....

Man...That's amazing but sad at the same time. I am growing really attached to cats ever since I got my first one in March....Poor thing. I think survival chances are minimal.

BTW, Pandora keeps asking for SEB and PINKKAT ??? ;D

Guest Slide On The Ice

Gah, that is freaky. I showed this page to a friend and she said "I want one!" I feel bad for the cat(s?), but I think having it as a pet would be discomforting. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Guest ic143

ROSEBURG (AP) — Gemini, the two-headed kitten born this month in the town of Glide, is no more.

Owner Lee Bluetear said she didn’t know what caused the death of Gemini, who died Thursday, but she said the kitten appeared very tired and did not want to eat.

She said she isn’t sure what to do with the kitten’s body but would like to see it used for scientific or educational purposes.

“I would rather she could serve some purpose,†Bluetear said

Guest swirlundergrounder

Sad, but for the best....

I agree. It would have ended up in some freak show circus which would have made me more upset..