Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To all you Mac/Apple owners

Guest swirlundergrounder

LOL. I'm a recently converted Mac user. Once you go 'Mac' you never go back....

Guest pod

Whatever. I use what I use because I know how to beat it into submission. I like a challenge. I don't need no agreeable computer/OS made by some asinine liberal company.

You're not a true master of a computer unless your system has a few bullet holes in the case from sheer frustration. Didja know an Athlon will still run with a .45 ACP round embedded in the heatsink?

That being said, Mac zealots can blow me.

Guest macboy

That being said, Mac zealots can blow me.

No thanks, and I'm not a zealot. I don't evangelize and I don't try to convert people. To each their own. But when I constantly hear complaints from someone about their Windows machine, I do ask them to give a Mac a try. That is all. Quite frankly, if I didn't pick up a Mac to use 19 years ago, I might not be a Mac user today. It simply has worked for me all along.

Why do I need to know how to beat it into submission? The computer has always been a means to an end, and in that respect, the Mac does its job. Personally, I couldn't care if the Mac doesn't exceed 5% of the computer market. Apple is still, consistently, one of the few computer companies that turns a healthy profit year after year. Honestly, we don't need switchers. But most who try it like it. :)

As for the Unix geeks, I don't know why there are any that DON'T use a Mac, given its OS has a Unix core. Ask Ramon, king of the Unix geeks. He's hooked. ;)

Guest trancepriest

HaHa.. thanks for posting that... it's funny and so true. I remember the day after I bought my first Mac... my friends were killing me on the phone saying I spent too much money... blah blah... when my boy came over... he proceeded straight to molesting the G5 and Cinema Display... literally his hands were fondling the computer and display.. it was the strangest and funniest thing in the world. He was a convert immediately.

P.S. And o' yes I'm a Mac zealot and lifelong winblows user convert. ;D I actually like my computer helping me out. :P If I need a challenge I'll jump into the terminal. As far as bullet holes... etc... subconsciously your mind is on the right path... fuck the shit up.

BTW... does anyone on here have a gravatar... if so can you leave a comment on my blog... I just plugged in the script... want to see if it works.