Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P Oakenfold @ Jones Beach

DJMikeE

1st time seeing him--this guy really is amazing. how sick was the intro?!?!? any one else who went have any feedback?? song ids?? especially the last track "when i close my eyes....) (only knew hide u, the gladiator track, i feel loved, and we come 1) cwm1.gif

thanx

he fuckin' tore it up. i've never seen people go that nuts for a DJ. sorta shows you how big that type of music is getting. the tent at area redface.gifne was great.. they've done a really good job setting that thing up

------------------

"just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone."

"come down on the street and dance with me."

capthelmet@aol.com

He probably opened w/Lost.Com- Animal & closed w/CJ Bolland- The Prophet. How long was his set? How was Carl Cox?

------------------

Good Girls go to Heaven, Bad Girls go to Amsterdam!

AIM: Trancegoddess21

[This message has been edited by twilogoddess (edited 07-16-2001).]

Carl Cox started off slow cuz one of the main speakers blew out on like the 2nd track in his set. (just prior to that, carl even said "the sound system is just right in NY or something similiar --poor guy) cwm1.gif

However, he had a lot more energy behind his set than anyone else in the lineup.

Oakenfold opened with Hide U (creamer and k)

and spun for about an hour and a half. Nelly Furtado even came out and started dancing on stage towards the end of his set. cwm12.gif

All and all the whole day was great. I went with about 15 heads and we all had a blast. As for Okey. For some reason I was a bit dissapointed. I have seen him at Roxy, and at the Hammerstien Ball Room. Both those times he rocked. Infact at Hammerstien, it was the best show I have everseen with any type of music.

At Jones, it just seemed as if he went up and down too much, dragged out the tracks way too much. The track selection was great, don't get me wrong, but did not make me move so much (need the beats or something). Could have been because I was tiered by then.

The line to go out and to the bathroom sucked. 45 mins to get back in. That was rediculouse.

Other than that, those who missed out missed out on an awsome day.

Eh, he started off pretty good, then towards the middle it just began to drag... IMHO, Saunderson, Atkins, and Rinocerose were the stars (missed Cox thanks to the stupid line...)

There's this one track though, not such a great beat but the breakdown melody sounded like a distorted flamenco guitar. Those of you who were there will know it as the track that was playing when the visuals first switched to the night view of New York City. Does anyone knows what this track is?

------------------

...it's quiet now...and as I think my thoughts alone...I try to keep my head straight... but i thnk i'm too far goneeeeeeee................

Originally posted by DJMikeE:

Oakenfold opened with Hide U (creamer and k)

and spun for about an hour and a half. Nelly Furtado even came out and started dancing on stage towards the end of his set. cwm12.gif

i tink sum1s got a crush on nelly furtado smile.gif

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

Sicktracks<~*~*~go here!<~*~*~

Originally posted by lillizzy:

i tink sum1s got a crush on nelly furtado smile.gif

i have the hugest crush on her.. i think shes amazingly beautiful! cwm32.gif

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

as for area one... im sooo pissed cause i had two tickets waiting for me and couldnt get a ride out there in time... frown.gif i missed out on everything... but to everyone who went.. glad you had a blast...

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

life's a ride... pack light...

AIM: dELERiUM 540

I was looking forward to the Area one for like a month now, but must say was disappointed. I got in towards the end of Cox's set and that shit was amazing. It was fast, light, energetic, loving etc. Was really impressed with him for the first time.But Oakie disappointed me, I've heard people say before that he's kind of lazy when he spins, and this was the first time that I saw it in a DJ. I don't think he gave it his all. It was just another set by another DJ, reminiscent of Nick Warren @ Twilo (RIP), housy and limp. And of course the whole thing with the lines and no bathrooms inside or around the tent, and running out of water to sell put a damper on things. I guess I just have to look forward to Creamfields, and hope for the best