Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Madonna

Guest Cosmigonon

Guest Cosmigonon

I just saw her being interviewed on Live 8. I hadn't heard her for a long time, so it surprised me to hear her speak with a british accent. Her "r"'s are still American, but the entonation is 100% british.

Now, i don't know how long has she been living there, but:

Do you think she fakes the accent? Do you think it's real?

Guest Diabolique

I can say that after years of travellling up north & the midwest I have a slight northern accent, sometimes peppered by the "ou" in words with the letter O.It's highly possible she has some afflictions to the accent. She did that years ago, trying to sound proper, whereas now it seems more natural, IMO.

Shoot, I was in the UK for a all of three days, and I was enjoying talking like a brit, like every other American tourist there, LMAO! ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Who knows...

I mean, I lived in Costa Rica for 2 years, and I never picked up their accent, which is quite different than panamanian; but then, I've been twice to México for over a month each time, and it was actually kinda difficult not to start talking like them by the end of my vacation, I don't know how easy/difficult to pick up british accent is... ???

Guest Nefarious Girl

Madonna Fan Here.

She's been at that accent for a while. Like her acting, it's done poorly.