Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's my turn, bitches...

Guest Cosmigonon

Guest Cosmigonon

PANAMA 1 - COLOMBIA 0 :o :o ;D ;D ;D

a_tejada_ht.jpg

Well, the unthinkable happened. I went to the Orange Bowl, fearing Pma would lose like 0 - 5 or something. We were overnumbered by the colombian fans like 5-1, we were both screaming and chearing our teams, only our chears were drowned by the colombians (well, it's obvious, there's like 40 million of them vs 3 million of us).

Slowly but surely, the panamanian team played them like their equal, with no fear at all, and not being intimidated by their roster full of stars.

Finally in the second half Tejada scored the goal that still has me with no voice at all, my boss, who went wiht me to the game and is panamanian at heart also, had told me that if Pma was to won, I'd get the rest of the week off (of course, I'm gonna save those days for upcoming mondays... ;)), and the few panamanians in the stadium were celebrating like crazy when the 90 minutes were up. ;D

I gotta say I had never seen Pma play so fuckin well, they basically destroyed every Colombian offensive, and what they couldn't do, the goalie Penedo, saved with a lot of skill.

Now, I just have to hope this victory doesn't go to the players head and then lose to Honduras and Trinidad y Tobago... 8)

e_panama_vt.jpg

Guest Cosmigonon

u do like futebol, i haven't been to a real game like in years :-\

And you call yourself brazilian; shame on you... ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

I could have gone to that game last nite but had to stay home to do laundry / pack for my business trip today.. .damn!

;)

Guest Cosmigonon

Panama surprises Colombia in Cup opener

MIAMI (AP) - Luis Tejada scored midway through the second half to give Panama a 1-0 victory over Colombia in the opening CONCACAF Gold Cup match Wednesday night.

Goalkeeper Jaime Penedo made five critical saves to preserve the shutout as Panama won its first Gold Cup game since the tournament's creation in 1991.

Tejada received a crossing pass from Julio Medina deep in the goal area and headed in a shot past diving Colombian goalkeeper Farid Mondragon in the 70th minute.

Colombia had one serious scoring threat following Tejada's goal but Penedo deflected Aldo Ramirez's shot outside the 6-yard box in the 78th minute.

Panama and Colombia are in Group A, which also includes Honduras and Trinidad and Tobago, which played Wednesday's second game at the Orange Bowl.

Although Colombia dominated play in the opening 45 minutes, Panama nearly broke through with two scoring chances early in the second half.

Felipe Baloy had an unmarked opportunity but Mondragon dove to stop Baloy's 10-yard shot before it landed inside the left post at the 49th minute.

One minute later, Moreno's shot from 15 yards hit the right post.

Colombia took only a few minutes of the match to step up its attack, threatening the Panamanian goal area with repeated shots on goal. But Penedo frustrated Colombia's offense with diving saves in the 31st, 32nd, 44th and 45th minute.

Guest Cosmigonon

3742680_7_1.jpg

Colombia's Wason Liberado Renteria (9) kicks the ball past Panama's Carlos Rivera (2) in the first half during the first match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup game Wednesday, July 6, 2005, at the Orange Bowl in Miami.

3742682_7_1.jpg

Panama's Jose Anthony Torres (4) takes control of the ball against Colombia's Martin Arzuaga in the first half.

3742696_7_1.jpg

Colombian fans cheer their home team on in Miami during the first half of the opening Gold Cup match against Panama.

3742698_7_1.jpg

Colombia's Martin Arzuaga (18) kicks the ball to the goal as Panama's Jose Anthony Torres (4) defends in the second half.

3742774_7_1.jpg

Panama's Luis Tejada (18) is congratulated by teammate Alberto Blanco (8) after scoring a goal against Colombia.

3742758_7_1.jpg

Panama fans cheer after Luis Tejada scored a goal against Colombia in the second half during the first match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, giving Panama a surprise 1-0 lead.

3742834_7_1.jpg

Panama goalkeeper Jaime Penedo ® celebrates with teammate Jose Anthony Torres after defeating Colombia 1-0. The Panama squad got off to a fantastic start in the 2005 Gold Cup with the win and look forward to their next match against Trinidad & Tobago on Saturday, July 9.

Guest Cosmigonon

friendly games don't count..who cares... its just practice..

That was not a friendly game, it's the Gold Cup, an official FIFA tournament... ;)

Guest durrtylexx

That was not a friendly game, it's the Gold Cup, an official FIFA tournament... ;)

bs tournament..

the only tournaments that matter are.

the world cup, copa libertadores, uefa champions league. euro-cup

no one cares about the others... :P

Guest Cosmigonon

bs tournament..

LMAO!!! ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

bs tournament..

Hahahahahahaha, you're starting to sound like the brazilians when they lose... :)

Guest durrtylexx

bs tournament..

Hahahahahahaha, you're starting to sound like the brazilians when they lose... :)

;D

honestly i could care less. ;)

Guest LdySphynx

ohh well the Colombian Suck in Soccer anyways...they are better in doing other things instead :P;)

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE..................even my Husband who's Colombian says this, que son unos Bagres!!!!

So no biggie, it was like playing against PreSchoolers ::)!!!!

Guest LeVeL

ohh well the Colombian Suck in Soccer anyways...they are better in doing other things instead :P;)

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE..................even my Husband who's Colombian says this, que son unos Bagres!!!!

So no biggie, it was like playing against PreSchoolers ::)!!!!

lol ;D

Guest mursa

Colombia where playing with many bench players and young players . . don't take this out of proportion

bs tournament..

i know u sweat us, wanna be us, and just cant live without us ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

bs tournament..

i know u sweat us, wanna be us, and just cant live without us ;)

:-*

I bet if Colombia would have beaten Argentina or Brazil in a friendly,you will never hear the end of it,so fuck it,congratz Panama. ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

I bet if Colombia would have beaten Argentina or Brazil in a friendly,you will never hear the end of it,so fuck it,congratz Panama. ;D

Thank you... ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

ayala verga!

*sad*

Jajajajajajaja, la 'tas botando... ;)

loco, que paso awebao!

doesnt matter i love both countries eaqually.

Man, de donde tu eres?