Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Baking Question

I dont know how domestic any of you people are but...

Today I made my first carrot cake and I was wondering if any of you have experience with this. My question is how do you get the carrots shredded finely enough for them not to sink to the bottom during baking?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I expect PLENTY of nonsense on this thread but who cares. LOL!

Guest mursa

here's how you do it .............. fill up 1/3 of the pan with the cake batter ,,,sprinkle carrot shavings ...proceed to fill another 1/3 of pan with batter (that maes it 2/3 full) , and again sprinkle carrot shavings ....top it off with the remaining batter .

:)

here's how you do it .............. fill up 1/3 of the pan with the cake batter ,,,sprinkle carrot shavings ...proceed to fill another 1/3 of pan with batter (that maes it 2/3 full) , and again sprinkle carrot shavings ....top it off with the remaining batter .

Chef Jose to the rescue!!! ;D

One more question...what is the best process to get finely shredded carrots? Hand graters take FOREVER! ::)

:-*

yhst-91657104930118_1845_1897300

Prepare coleslaw, garnishes for large salads, and ingredients for casseroles with this high-speed slicer/shredder attachment. Two sharp cutting discs are included: the julienne disc cuts thin strips of carrot, cucumber, and apple as well as potatoes for French fries; the other disc slices when installed one way, and shreds when flipped over. Grated carrots, shredded cabbage, sliced cheese, and tear-free onion slices are done in no time. A feeder tube and stomper keep fingers away from the blades

Ditto

Guest mursa

Chef Jose to the rescue!!! ;D

One more question...what is the best process to get finely shredded carrots? Hand graters take FOREVER! ::)

:-*

a food processor usually has a Grating add on blade ...or simply use the hand aluminum grater (cmon use some muscle ! 8))

Guest slamminshaun

Here's how you make carrot cake....

Turn off the TV, put your shoes on...then drive 2 miles to the nearest Publix. Find the bakery. It's usually the department with the oldest employees. Ask for "carrot cake", but speak loudly and slowly. Despite speaking loudly and slowly, please hand the pecan pie back to the 103 year old lady. Go behind the counter and get it for yourself.

Take carrot cake and proceed to the express lane. Stand behind the asshole who can't count and has 60 items. Stand patiently while the asshole argues with the 16 year old clerk about the price of pinto beans. While waiting in line read the Enquirer....finally, its your turn, but the 16 year old clerk tells you its time for her lunch break. Go to new express lane. Wait behind new asshole who argues with the same 103 year old lady from the bakery about how Winn Dixie takes double coupons and they should to.

Finally, its your turn. Despite giving her carrot cake, old lady charges you for pecan pie. Wait for manager for an override. Once the override is done, you attempt to pay with your debit card. 103 year old lady tells you the debit card machine is down, checks and cash only. You have no cash or checks on you. So, you leave your carrot cake with the old lady and use the Presto machine to get cash. The same asshole who was in line is now using the Presto machine. Asshole decides to do a money transfer, account balance inquiry on checking, account balance inquiry on savings, pull $20 from savings, pull $20 from checking, and then proceeds to check balances on each of those accounts again for good measure. You get to the Presto machine, however, because you made your deposit at the bank after 2pm on Friday, your funds are not available for the weekend!!

Finally, you say fuck it and drive your lazy ass over to CrzyC's house to make it from scratch instead....

I once stood in line at the 10 items or less watching the cashier and some ignorant woman argue how the woman had way over 10 items and she wasn't suppose to be in that lane, bla bla bla...and the woman just completelly ignored the cashier...i mean the cashier was really pissed off like she wanted to kill her and started yelling at the woman making a huge scene...i didn't have any place to go cuz the publix was packed that day and i had "less than 10 items"...fucking idiots

Here's how you make carrot cake....

Turn off the TV' date=' put your shoes on...then drive 2 miles to the nearest Publix. Find the bakery. It's usually the department with the oldest employees. Ask for "carrot cake", but speak loudly and slowly. Despite speaking loudly and slowly, please hand the pecan pie back to the 103 year old lady. Go behind the counter and get it for yourself.

Take carrot cake and proceed to the express lane. Stand behind the asshole who can't count and has 60 items. Stand patiently while the asshole argues with the 16 year old clerk about the price of pinto beans. While waiting in line read the Enquirer....finally, its your turn, but the 16 year old clerk tells you its time for her lunch break. Go to new express lane. Wait behind new asshole who argues with the same 103 year old lady from the bakery about how Winn Dixie takes double coupons and they should to.

Finally, its your turn. Despite giving her carrot cake, old lady charges you for pecan pie. Wait for manager for an override. Once the override is done, you attempt to pay with your debit card. 103 year old lady tells you the debit card machine is down, checks and cash only. You have no cash or checks on you. So, you leave your carrot cake with the old lady and use the Presto machine to get cash. The same asshole who was in line is now using the Presto machine. Asshole decides to do a money transfer, account balance inquiry on checking, account balance inquiry on savings, pull $20 from savings, pull $20 from checking, and then proceeds to check balances on each of those accounts again for good measure. You get to the Presto machine, however, because you made your deposit at the bank after 2pm on Friday, your funds are not available for the weekend!!

Finally, you say fuck it and drive your lazy ass over to CrzyC's house to make it from scratch instead....

[/quote']

LMAO!!!

Guest Electric Eel

Carisa making carrot cake, aren't you the cutest suzy homemaker. Any leftover for me to try? :)