Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Only Car Phone Users are Four More Times Likely to Crash

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Actually, the article is titled, "Car phone users 'four times more likely to crash'", but as usual, they forget to do studies on people eating hamburgers, shaving, reading the newspaper, applying makeup, etc.

How come only users of cell phones are more likely to crash? Eating burgers isn't dangerous? Applying makeup doesn't cause crashes? This article would have you believe that reading the paper is ok, but cell phones are not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355502&in_page_id=1770

Guest mursa

cell phones on the road should be illegal ...........but im sure that the big Telecommunication lobbying groups have good influence in DC to not let that happen in a large scale around the country.

..all about $$$$$ , and all while our roads become even more dangerous.

Guest Cosmigonon

Actually' date=' the article is titled, "Car phone users 'four times more likely to crash'", but as usual, they forget to do studies on people eating hamburgers, shaving, reading the newspaper, applying makeup, etc.

How come only users of cell phones are more likely to crash? Eating burgers isn't dangerous? Applying makeup doesn't cause crashes? This article would have you believe that reading the paper is ok, but cell phones are not.

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355502&in_page_id=1770

they're all distracions, but a cell phone is more distractive than a hamburger. You don't have to look a the hamburger while you eat it, but when you use your cell phone, you have to dial, it's busy, then you press re- dial, then she doesn't answer, you call your voice mail, you type your password, you press 1 to hear your messages, 7 to erase them, etc, etc. etc.

Guest LdySphynx

cell phones on the road should be illegal ...........but im sure that the big Telecommunication lobbying groups have good influence in DC to not let that happen in a large scale around the country.

Ok Drugs are illegal in clubs and they still use them how does making cell phones illegal make you think it's going to solve the problem??

I mean it's the Law to wear ur SeatBelt, but you dont see cops pulling people over just for that....if you get pulled over for whatever reason and u dont have ur seatbelt on then you get the ticket.

But you know what else, I have seen many of cops chatting away on their cells phones while driving so how can you set and example when they themselves are doing it.

Guest mursa

Ok Drugs are illegal in clubs and they still use them how does making cell phones illegal make you think it's going to solve the problem??

I mean it's the Law to wear ur SeatBelt, but you dont see cops pulling people over just for that....if you get pulled over for whatever reason and u dont have ur seatbelt on then you get the ticket.

But you know what else, I have seen many of cops chatting away on their cells phones while driving so how can you set and example when they themselves are doing it.

HeadSets for Everybody on the road ....sorta like a telemarketer .

fact is Drivers (prob like you :P ) , are already bad as it is with two hands on the wheel , imagine with only 1 ?!

Guest mursa

Actually' date=' the article is titled, "Car phone users 'four times more likely to crash'", but as usual, they forget to do studies on people eating hamburgers, shaving, reading the newspaper, applying makeup, etc.

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355502&in_page_id=1770

i could tell that your prob one of the dudes with a huge SUV traveling @ 25 mph in a 40 mph zone in the fast inner lane of the road .

Whats the ratio of cell phone distracted users to someone eating a burger ? prob 200 to 1 .

your just like your boy OREILLey , JUST sPINNIN !

Guest LdySphynx

fact is Drivers (prob like you :P ) , are already bad as it is with two hands on the wheel , imagine with only 1 ?!

If I was such a bad driver then why is it that I have NEVER had an accident in my life!!!!

I have been in accidents but I have always been in the passenger seat, I have never been in one where I was the driver!!!!

Not all women are bad drivers but I do agree with you that a good % of them dont have a clue as to what the hell they are doing, sad but true!!!

Guest LdySphynx

Im a good driver, I talk on my cellphone while driving one handed...no one can F wit me...

and what?

Well I guess ur good but what happens when you use ur other hand to uhhhhhhhhhhhhh grab the hamburger ::);).

Guest LdySphynx

Im a good driver, I talk on my cellphone while driving one handed...no one can F wit me...

and what?

Well I guess ur good but what happens when you use ur other hand to uhhhhhhhhhhhhh grab the hamburger ::);).

i rest the cellphone on my shoulder ear or put the phone down ??? :P

Well not a good idea to put the cell phone down, especially if ur minutes are being counted!!!!

Hmmmmmm, the cell phone on the shoulder good technique.....yet very uncomfortable after a few minutes.

I rather just pull alongside the road and finish eating the hamburger, I like to use both hands ;D 8)!!!

and what?

Well not a good idea to put the cell phone down, especially if ur minutes are being counted!!!!

Hmmmmmm, the cell phone on the shoulder good technique.....yet very uncomfortable after a few minutes.

I rather just pull alongside the road and finish eating the hamburger, I like to use both hands ;D 8)!!!

well most miamians have metro piece of merda...never had a prob tho.

my company pays for my nextel ;)

well i meant i would put it down or rest it on my shoulder between bites

and time is $

Guest mursa

If I was such a bad driver then why is it that I have NEVER had an accident in my life!!!!

Never say never ...........it can happen to anyone .

and Bad Drivers don't always get involved in accidents, many a times they are the ones that provoke accidents by frustrating others drivers into doing risky maneuvers.

Guest LdySphynx

and what?

well most miamians have metro piece of merda...never had a prob tho.

my company pays for my nextel ;)

well i meant i would put it down or rest it on my shoulder between bites

and time is $

8)

Guest slamminshaun

Actually, the article is titled, "Car phone users 'four times more likely to crash'", but as usual, they forget to do studies on people eating hamburgers, shaving, reading the newspaper, applying makeup, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355502&in_page_id=1770

i could tell that your prob one of the dudes with a huge SUV traveling @ 25 mph in a 40 mph zone in the fast inner lane of the road .

Whats the ratio of cell phone distracted users to someone eating a burger ? prob 200 to 1 .

It's no secret I'm an SUV owner, but its also no secret I break SUV speed records.

My point is that people do many things to get distracted behind the wheel, yet, NONE of those things are targeted by the media...just cell phones. I see people reading newspapers and applying makeup in their car. I find this far more distracting then talking on a phone.

I'd agree, more people talk on cell phones then eat fast food. Maybe it is a 200 to 1 ratio, but what's your point? More people talk on cell phones then get drunk behind the wheel, yet, drinking and driving is illegal. Explain to me why drinking and driving is illegal if only 1 out of 200 cell phone users do it?

Guest slamminshaun

I'm still making sense of this 200 to 1 theory that Mursa came up with....if only 1 out of 200 people do something distractive behind the wheel, its ok....I don't get it. ???

Guest mursa

I see people reading newspapers and applying makeup in their car. I find this far more distracting then talking on a phone.

I drive fast aswell, but focused at what im doin , not in "la-la land" like many .

I see people do all of the above aswell , but not with nearly the same frequency as cellphone users ...

...Cops gotta give out big tickets to distracted/reckless drivers (instead of those going 7 mph over hte limit) , The State needs money !

Guest slamminshaun

I see people reading newspapers and applying makeup in their car. I find this far more distracting then talking on a phone.

I drive fast aswell, but focused at what im doin , not in "la-la land" like many .

I see people do all of the above aswell , but not with nearly the same frequency as cellphone users ...

...Cops gotta give out big tickets to distracted/reckless drivers (instead of those going 7 mph over hte limit) , The State needs money !

Should drinking and driving be illegal? After all, the ratio to cell phone users is probably only 200 to 1...what if you do not "frequently" drink and drive as much as people use their cell phones? I'm still trying to understand....

Guest mursa

I'm still making sense of this 200 to 1 theory that Mursa came up with....if only 1 out of 200 people do something distractive behind the wheel' date=' its ok....I don't get it. ???

[/quote']

200 to 1 Theory is that ..............

For each Idiot that is reading a Newspaper while Driving , there are 200 that are distracted with their Cellphones .

one is much rarer than the other .

capish ?

Guest slamminshaun

I'm still making sense of this 200 to 1 theory that Mursa came up with....if only 1 out of 200 people do something distractive behind the wheel, its ok....I don't get it. ???

For each Idiot that is reading a Newspaper while Driving , there are 200 that are distracted with their Cellphones .

capish ?

For each idiot that is drunk behind the wheel, there are 200 cell phone users. That makes it ok to drink and drive?

Guest mursa

...But don't feel threatened Shaun , im sure that Cellphone usage wont be banned in Car ...........TELECOM LOBBIES won't allow such a thing .

so be glad .

Guest mursa

I'm still making sense of this 200 to 1 theory that Mursa came up with....if only 1 out of 200 people do something distractive behind the wheel' date=' its ok....I don't get it. ???

[/quote']

capish ?

For each idiot that is drunk behind the wheel, there are 200 cell phone users. That makes it ok to drink and drive?

Who said drinking/driving is OK ?? ??? your confusing me now .

Guest slamminshaun

...But don't feel threatened Shaun , im sure that Cellphone usage wont be banned in Car ...........TELECOM LOBBIES won't allow such a thing .

so be glad .

It is illegal to drive in New York City without a handsfree kit....how come the lobby didn't stop it there? Answer my question, should drinking and driving be legal, since there are far fewer drunks behind the wheel then cell phone users?

Guest slamminshaun

capish ?

Who said drinking/driving is OK ?? ??? your confusing me now .

You did, at least that's what I gathered. You said distractive behavior (newspaper reading, shaving, makeup application, etc) is ok because the ratio of those people are only 200 to 1. You left out drinking and driving. This is also a distractive driving technique, yet, I'd venture to say the ratio is also 200 to 1 or more.

I'm thinking you are basing the legality of distractive behavior on how many people do it.