Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Hernan Cattaneo @ Space Review

Guest dj_release

Guest gotdrums13

his set wasn't dark though...thats what i loved about it. he was playing that funky electro prog good stuff. if he wouldve played dark, it wouldve been the same shit hernan was playing. ;D

ic both of our avatars have 2 things in common 8)

lol! now i notice! isn't that a turn on? a hot chick playing the bongos & tumbadoras? :o

his set wasn't dark though...thats what i loved about it. he was playing that funky electro prog good stuff. if he wouldve played dark, it wouldve been the same shit hernan was playing. ;D

lol! now i notice! isn't that a turn on? a hot chick playing the bongos & tumbadoras? :o

i cant see her face on my avatar lol

Guest gotdrums13

i cant see her face on my avatar lol

LOL!!! well, the whole concept i guess is what i mean ;D

Guest macillus

hey all... I don't visit these things nearly enough, and even more seldom post a reply (need to work on that), but I felt this was an appropraite time. My visit to space this past Sat was a real disappointent. Let me begin by saying that I am a huge Hernan fan but was unsatisfied with his performance. It wasn't the style of the music - as I can appreciate all forms of house and commend those that change things up from their norm. I arrived shortly after Hernan took over - and let me say - that is the worst I have ever heard Space's sound system play. I don't know if the system was off or if he was just playing it too damn hard (I have heard him b4 @ space and this wasn't the case) - but regardless the bass was popping and for the first time - my ears were hurting. He did finally get it under control after about 4 or 5 tracks. My other comment was that I observed from above for awhile - and the crowd was not all that into it - for short spurts, yes, but I saw alot of people swaying and just plain old talking on the floor. Not what I am used to when a DJ of this caliber plays. I associate this to the fact that although the tracks he played had some nasty basslines, the there were too many peaks and valleys in the energy of each individual track. Hard to get energized when a track breaks down every 20/30 seconds. Nedless to say - I stayed for all of about an hour/ hour and a half - and I even paid this time (which is ok) but still... Will I see him again.. sure - everyone has an off night and I have seen him many times before with a much more positive outcome. Just felt the other side of the coin needed a lil face time.

Cheers!

- macillus

Guest sross

I arrived shortly after Hernan took over - and let me say - that is the worst I have ever heard Space's sound system play. I don't know if the system was off or if he was just playing it too damn hard (I have heard him b4 @ space and this wasn't the case) - but regardless the bass was popping and for the first time - my ears were hurting.

Space's sound system is always poor. Loud doesn't equal good.

I arrived shortly after Hernan took over - and let me say - that is the worst I have ever heard Space's sound system play. I don't know if the system was off or if he was just playing it too damn hard (I have heard him b4 @ space and this wasn't the case) - but regardless the bass was popping and for the first time - my ears were hurting.

Agreed.

Guest Devilicious

Agreed.

Huh? I am surprised to hear anyone say this, but I guess like pod said someone really made a mess of it. I've stood by the speaker most of the night at Space and never had an issue. Then again I like my music loud.

If you want your ears to hurt, hang by the booth in crobar all night. I love that club but some of the residents play it too loud back there.

Guest pod

There's only so much a DSP can do, as well. If you play shittily-mastered material and overdrive the system, the DSP pretty much gives up and says 'you're fucked'.

Guest ld755

Hernan Cattaneo was playing raw tracks when i got to Space at 2 15 am. He has a good rank, top 10 i n the world. Space was pack. I had a marvelous time, I finally stayed for After hour for little bit until 7 : 45 am . Roland i wanted to take a shot with u, but u were not there. I hope to see u around .

Hernan Cattaneo was playing raw tracks when i got to Space at 2 15 am. He has a good rank, top 10 i n the world. Space was pack. I had a marvelous time, I finally stayed for After hour for little bit until 7 : 45 am . Roland i wanted to take a shot with u, but u were not there. I hope to see u around .

OMG no cause then it would have been tequila!!! EVIL EVIL.....

Guest Devilicious

There's only so much a DSP can do, as well. If you play shittily-mastered material and overdrive the system, the DSP pretty much gives up and says 'you're fucked'.

What's a DSP?