Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Special K in NY

Evan

Has anyone had any problems getting this stuff in NY or NJ? All the supplies seem to have dried up. At least all the Mexican green and blue label shit has seemed to dissapear, but now there is the original yellow bottles and the yellow "III" bottles which no one seems to know the difference. Also, what is the current price for this stuff. $50, $60, $70?

oh Planklet.. how MUCH you are missing !!

K has gone TOTALLY up in price, and become VERY hard to find in NYC. liqs now run around $70-90 a pop (remember the good old days when they were available for $20 ?)...

jars have gotten SMALLER (everyone seems to use the tiny .4 gram jars now, instead of the normal .5 or .6 grams from years past) and everything i have seen is SHORT FILLED and STEPPED ON too much. i haven't seen anyone selling for $40 anymore.. its all for $50 nowadays.. which sucks.

I understand from fellow master bakers that the new K-III stuff is a slightly different formula.. and you have to modify your cooking methods... but i haven't cooked my own in a while so i'm not sure.

This SUCKS. Its a shame. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Originally posted by Evan

Has anyone had any problems getting this stuff in NY or NJ? All the supplies seem to have dried up. At least all the Mexican green and blue label shit has seemed to dissapear, but now there is the original yellow bottles and the yellow "III" bottles which no one seems to know the difference. Also, what is the current price for this stuff. $50, $60, $70?

The Yellow III's came out when Blue Label started making its rounds way back when and Fort Dodge started to become a commodity. Nowadaze Yellow III's which is all Fort Dodge makes now anywhere from 80-100 bucks a Liq. if you can find the shit

Ttokkoyo is not really found round my way anymore. Then there is the Red Label which sucks and I won't even touch. It is made in America but really sucks.

The K I've seen most of "Australian" K (which it is not) It is coming out of SINY. You can tell it comes from a bootleg joint. The top is crimped closed and there is no label. Goes for $70-$80 a Liq and is weak.

God what I'd do for lots of Yellow label!!!