Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yo from the westsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

i'm in cali for like a month, just made a three day drive across 8 states, pretty crazy.

i'm in san diego, going to see deep dish tomorrow night at this club that's supposed to be amazing. just bought my ticket.

saturday i'm probably gonna check out infusion and rabbit in the moon @ avalon in l.a.

i'm gonna see how these people do it over here 8) ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Bro... you need to drive up a few more hours and go the 'End Up' in S.F. An afterhours club thats been open for 30 years now...!!

Arey you seeing Deep Dish in a club called Aubergine?

i'm quite homesick...but making the best of it.

i've never seen ritm....should be interesting. infusion i saw twice during wmc...hung out with them a little bit, good peeps.

but i'm really excited to see deep dish, it's been a while.

btw san diego is amazing ;D :o

Guest swirlundergrounder

It's amazingly dry.......Go to Balboa park and check out the cactus garden there. It's freakin' out of this world!!!! I kid you not...

Guest swirlundergrounder

It's amazingly dry.......Go to Balboa park and check out the cactus garden there. It's freakin' out of this world!!!! I kid you not...

is there a bar nearby?

dunno?

:-\ :-\ :-\

only sharam showed up, and he only spun for 45 min (1:45-2:00). he opened with that stevie nicks song, also played a flashdance/money for nothing mix. closed the night with coldplay - speed of sound. played about 2 other songs. an unfulfilling evening. :-\

Guest durrtylexx

:-\ :-\ :-\

only sharam showed up, and he only spun for 45 min (1:45-2:00).

45 mins dude thats f'd up..what a waste..

infusion & rabbit in the moon review (saturday)

holy freakin shit, what a night, absolutely amazing :o

it was at a club called avalon. beautiful place, basically a converted theater with several layers and several rooms. even had a rooftop patio ;) place was PACKED. very interesting crowd. i expected to see l.a.'s posh snobs but none of those to be seen. i met a couple of people that were really cool, really down to earth. interesting, i'd say more than 50% of the people there were asian, my best guess was that they were korean.

some local dude warmed up the beginning of the night, not so good, i wasn't feeling it at all. oh well.

infusion up first. incredible music. if you've never seen them before, you HAVE TO SEE THEM. and if you have seen them before, then you HAVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN. seriously. this was the third time i've seen them, and it definitely won't be the last. they are the quintessential "bridge" between edm and live music. it seemed to me that people didn't really know what to expect. their first couple of songs, the crowd was dancing, but not really connecting with them, but that all changed mid-way through their set. the crowd was going nuts by the end, you can't help but be enraptured by their energy. i think the crowd was there mostly for ritm. in fact right before they went on the people i was hanging out with told me they'd never seen them before, i laughed and said "get ready". two hours of insanity followed.

rabbit in the moon up next...i really didn't know what to expect. i figured there'd be some crazy shit, but I HAD NO IDEA. wow these guys are freakin nuts. it was quite a show. it was pretty funny, at one point about 7 people dressed as cops ran on the stage, in full riot gear, police shields and everything, and started harassing bunny, and one guy with a bullhorn was shouting at the people in the front of the crowd, freaked out a lot of people. they played david bowie - let's dance (haha diego, perfect timing!!!! ;) ;D). at the end bunny pulled this chick on stage and hugged her for like 2 minutes, how sweet.

place closed at 5am. my hotel is pretty much on the other side of l.a., so that was a $45 cab ride, dammit. and my cabby hit a cat on the way home. that ate into his tip a little bit.

fun night ;D

Guest durrtylexx

i guess i should go see infusion on sunday than, they'll be here @ the house of blues

yea man, I saw them twice during conference, they put on a show! you won't be dissapointed ;)

Guest JMT
place closed at 5am. my hotel is pretty much on the other side of l.a., so that was a $45 cab ride, dammit. and my cabby hit a cat on the way home. that ate into his tip a little bit.

fun night ;D

hahahahaha great review indeed.

its funny how the LA scene can seem a bit odd at times.

Guest ddg

I told you Ryan....i hoped he would sing "lets dance" for you guys....im sure they put on an awesome show....glad to hear you had a good time....i saw you called but i was too busy getting crunk at space...lol...

btw Diogo...i told you at space...go c them(Infusion)...its gonna be a game time decision for me...