Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha NYC

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

the venue is said to be the old Sound Factory. may the force be with them.

A head at Erick Morillo's Subliminal Records confirms that the DJ is helping Pacha, the Ibizan super-club where he's been a fixture, open a venue in New York sometime in fall. An official statement is on the way.

Guest DaGoose

They have some BIG shoes to fill.

I can't wait to see this place. I'm happy as hell that that space is finally getting up and going again.

Guest DaGoose

the SF space?

ewww.

Whats wrong with it? It's a great space for a club. You might not have liked the people that went there but.......The space is a good one.

Guest web_norah

SF was great when Jr was there...and then it became what it was known for, a drug den, just like Exit.

just like Limelight, it has a doom cloud right over it

Guest BrianOwen

A Giant West Side Club

Eddie Dean (who owns Discotheque) will replace the Sound Factory with Pacha, his new event space and nightclub, at the end of this summer. Designed by Icrave Design Studio (the company behind the looks of Crobar, Aer Lounge, Dorsia, and Koi), the venue has 30,000 square feet on three levels with full audiovisual capabilities including T1 lines, and will hold as many as 2,000 people. Scheduled to open in September, the club's proposed layout has room for 350 people on the lower level, a dance floor on the main level with room for 1,200, a mezzanine overlooking the dance floor, a second floor that holds 375, and a third-floor lounge for 400.—Anna Sekula

Posted 07.18.05

http://www.bizbash.com/content/editorial/e5016.asp

Guest web_norah

the 46th St. location is the Sound Factory where Junior played

wrong.

Jr played there for a short while but it wasnt the SF then

Guest DaGoose

we'll see what happens when they open.

I agree.......Anything could happen. I don't think Morillo would be resident there though. I personally think it's a good space, and with the right people, It can be a great club.