Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dancing

Guest pontifex

Guest coach

Real estate is always an issue in Miami. Nothing is ever big enough because we have the ocean on one side and the Everglades on the other. Dance circles work in other cities where there is enough space in the clubs to accommodate them. But, even as big as Space is, it gets freaking packed with people and it would be really hard to get it in.

The main problem is that if the clubs have enough space for a decent circle, they probably don't have enough crowd to sustain their lease payments. Sure, on some days there is plenty of room, but this is not a regular thing. I don't think they are specifically discouraged by any of the clubs, it is just an impracticality.

Guest Diabolique

I'm sorry. I appreciate breaks and bboys and break circles but I find them irritating sometimes. Especially when you're DJing and you have the crowd going and then some Bboys form a break circle right up front on the dance floor and it fucks with the vibe. break circles belong in the back of the club in the corner somewhere if they ever happen. There was a time also when I was Djing at a club with a room of like 300 peeps that was going off and then a break circle started and fucked up the vibe on the floor so no one was dancing and there was a big hole in the floor, I stopped the music and told them to move their shit to the back of the club...

Some Bboy's have good manners like that. I don't care when they're in the back in a corner but when it takes place in the middle of the dance floor it's freakin' irritating. Ask 100 DJ's who play house, prog etc and I bet 98 of the 100 will tell you the same thing.

I think it's great. It's better than a bunch of people just standing there waiting to be impressed. It's not like they're moshing or deliberatly hurting anyone. It looks like fun! :D

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm sorry. I appreciate breaks and bboys and break circles but I find them irritating sometimes. Especially when you're DJing and you have the crowd going and then some Bboys form a break circle right up front on the dance floor and it fucks with the vibe. break circles belong in the back of the club in the corner somewhere if they ever happen. There was a time also when I was Djing at a club with a room of like 300 peeps that was going off and then a break circle started and fucked up the vibe on the floor so no one was dancing and there was a big hole in the floor, I stopped the music and told them to move their shit to the back of the club...

Some Bboy's have good manners like that. I don't care when they're in the back in a corner but when it takes place in the middle of the dance floor it's freakin' irritating. Ask 100 DJ's who play house, prog etc and I bet 98 of the 100 will tell you the same thing.

I think it's great. It's better than a bunch of people just standing there waiting to be impressed. It's not like they're moshing or deliberatly hurting anyone. It looks like fun! :D

Oh so here you are!!! Yeah break circles are fun to watch but there's a time and a place for them. And more often than not break circles seem to form in the wrong place and at the wrong times...

I mean shit, I can appreciate this myself becuz b4 I was a DJ and forgot how to dance, I used to break a little. I wasn't the greatest breaker but I could show some peeps up on the dance floor. But even as a young teen chap I had manners while I was doing it so.......

Guest beat junkie

There are bboys and bgirls at almost every event I go to in south Florida. Of couse, I usully indulge in the underground dance music scene.

Check out I/O Lounge downtown on 14th street for a breaks & electro party every friday. There are some serious poppers there usually. Also, Lounge 16 on thursdays for DnB is great.

There are bboys and bgirls at almost every event I go to in south Florida. Of couse, I usully indulge in the underground dance music scene.

Check out I/O Lounge downtown on 14th street for a breaks & electro party every friday. There are some serious poppers there usually. Also, Lounge 16 on thursdays for DnB is great.

Did you go to Jade when they had the party there?

Guest LeVeL

Breaking Circles is good a a breaks or progressive breaks event.

But I myself hate Break circles it just takes a lot of space from the dance floor and you are forced to see these idiots break just because they took all the space, so the vibe has died and once the circle is broken its hard for the dancing and vibe to come back unless the DJ knows how to do it.

Guest ld755

would you guys say the clubs in miami are breakdance/bboy freindly? Some of the clubs where I live have a no bboying policy because it takes up too much space and people in the crowd get sometimes get kicked when they're not paying attention, but it could be becasue most of the bboys around here are pretty wack anyhow. Do bboy cirlces ever spontaneously bust out on the dance floor or do they throw people out of the club for that kind of thing?

In miami yes u can Bboy and form circle. Y are people hating on other dancers by not letting them show their skills. it's cool when people form a circle and the y battle it out ,either popping or break dancing. U get a little show and get entertain if they are good. But it all depends on the club or how pack the party is. If u go to club Space or Crobar sometimes the party is too pack to break it down. Places that people always go battle it out is a club called Io lounge or sometimes Club Pure. u have to go to a breakbeats events or Funk music events. I have broken it down inthe dance floor before in Club Space.In Miami there are lots of good dancers. There is cool scene out here so people stop talking crap about Miami dancers. if u going to talk bring it to the dance floor and lets battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would you guys say the clubs in miami are breakdance/bboy freindly? Some of the clubs where I live have a no bboying policy because it takes up too much space and people in the crowd get sometimes get kicked when they're not paying attention, but it could be becasue most of the bboys around here are pretty wack anyhow. Do bboy cirlces ever spontaneously bust out on the dance floor or do they throw people out of the club for that kind of thing?

In Miami there are lots of good dancers. There is cool scene out here so people stop talking crap about Miami dancers. if u going to talk bring it to the dance floor

u sure this is u lester? lol...

:P

Guest Cosmigonon

In miami yes u can Bboy and form circle. Y are people hating on other dancers by not letting them show their skills. it's cool when people form a circle and the y battle it out ,either popping or break dancing. U get a little show and get entertain if they are good. But it all depends on the club or how pack the party is. If u go to club Space or Crobar sometimes the party is too pack to break it down. Places that people always go battle it out is a club called Io lounge or sometimes Club Pure. u have to go to a breakbeats events or Funk music events. I have broken it down inthe dance floor before in Club Space.In Miami there are lots of good dancers. There is cool scene out here so people stop talking crap about Miami dancers. if u going to talk bring it to the dance floor and lets battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only hating in b-boys, not the rest of the Miami dancers... ;)

If I go to a breaks event, well, that's the place where break dancing belongs, so I can't complain, that's their turf...

House events are a different story...