Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Neat acc for ipod & mp3 player users

got this over the weekend thru a powerseller on ebay...comes in handy if you have a car tape deck and dont want to mess with inserting the tape in there...also works if your car comes w/ a factory cd player or aftermarket cd players by transmitting a signal to a specified fm channel in the car's radio...the sound is nice and crisp.

Best buy sells the same thing promoting to Ipods only...for $39+...

This is for all mp3 players that can be charged thru the built usb flash connector

1122972107898_FM_Tran_001.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5792504284&category=86541&rd=1

Seller is great w/ email questions n fast shipping.

Guest Civs

nice. i had heard about this, but w/o the charger. good looking bro. i have an mp3 player in the car, but this comes in handy for my PDA. now i can listen to Howard Stern in my car. i wasn't able to before cause i get them at 24kb and my car mp3 player only supports 56kb and above.

Guest rollyp66

Here is the thing with FM transmission....

#1 it depends on where the car attenna is, if it is in the front you'll have decent reception; If it is in the back you'll have a big drop in reception; If it is built in the back windshield there is a 70/30% chance it won't work that well at all.

#2 In a major city such as this one there are way too many FM stations so you will get a lot of static and distortion.

You should look into hardwiring if you have an aux input, if you don't it's worth spending the $ on an aftermarket stereo that does have an input. Unles you lease in which is a completely different story

Here is the thing with FM transmission....

#1 it depends on where the car attenna is, if it is in the front you'll have decent reception; If it is in the back you'll have a big drop in reception; If it is built in the back windshield there is a 70/30% chance it won't work that well at all.

#2 In a major city such as this one there are way too many FM stations so you will get a lot of static and distortion.

You should look into hardwiring if you have an aux input, if you don't it's worth spending the $ on an aftermarket stereo that does have an input. Unles you lease in which is a completely different story

1)..yea my antenna is in the front and i have no problems w/ the reception.

2)..the unit that i bought runs off channel 88.7fm, i believe they transfer the signal between 87-89fm and 105-107fm.

I drive around all day for work here in orlando and also went down to miami all over the place, and today went to see the shuttle...never had one single problem. Not sure if other people have had other problems with it.

the hardwiring/aux input part is cool, im running on a stock car stereo, and wanted to go the cheap way...but overall im very pleased w/ the outcome.

Can always try it out, see if it works, if it doesn't most ebay stores have a 30day guarantee...its also less than half the cost of the ones sold @ compusa/bestbuy, cheaper alternative i guess.