Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oppose John Roberts' Supreme Court Nomination

Guest Diabolique

Guest Diabolique

I recieved a letter from an old friend I would like to share with you:

Normally, I would not presume to impress my political ideals on anyone, however I feel this issue is worth passing on in hopes of stopping what looks to be another Bush blunder that will continue to affect our nation for years to come.

In the past weeks, Republicans and Democrats have called on President Bush to nominate a moderate for the Supreme Court –- someone who would honor the legacy of independent Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. But last night, President Bush nominated Judge John Roberts, a far-right lawyer and corporate lobbyist, to fill her post on the Supreme Court.

We’ve got to stop Roberts. He opposed clean air rules and worked to help coal companies strip-mine mountaintops. He worked with Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr), and tried to keep Congress from defending the Voting Rights Act. He wrote that Roe v. Wade should be “overruled,†and as a lawyer argued (and won) the case that stopped some doctors from even discussing abortion.

Join me in signing MoveOn’s petition to let our Senators know we expect them to oppose John Roberts right now at:

MoveOn.org

Please...pass it along :)

Thanks

X'ina