Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Check it out baseball fans!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

So the Baltimore Orioles have 2 guys who hit 500 or more home runs in their careers and have 'accidentally cheated' the game of baseball.

Sammy Sosa with his 'Corked bat he claims to use during exhibitions that he accidentally used during a game while he was with the cubs..

And we all know what's up with Rafeal Palmeiro from earlier today (from the other thread)....LOL

Guest Civs

i find it encouraging that the league allows a player to get caught 3 times using enhancements before they take severe action. how about one strike and you are gone. that would prevent peeps from taking chances with their careers. it's just great to know that using is not look down upon by the leaguw so what can we expect of our up and coming young players???

Guest jbit

it's just great to know that using is not look down upon by the leaguw so what can we expect of our up and coming young players???

Juice is probably more rampant in the minors, those guys are clawing at each other to make it to the big leagues and steroids make the playing field level.

Guest lyrik

Sammy Sosa with his 'Corked bat he claims to use during exhibitions that he accidentally used during a game while he was with the cubs..

to sammy's defense - they x-rayed his bats on display at the hall of fame and found no cork...I think that was an honest mistake...however I do think he was a juicer...no surprise that a year after the league tightened that players production has gone down for these guys and a lot of them look smaller.

BTW - Ryne Sandberg gave a great speech at his induction - one of the best I have heard. The whole speech is on yahoo sports.

What’s the big deal?

Those guys are super athletes, if you give steroids to a regular dude he won’t be able to even BUNT a ball pitched by Pedro Martines!

With all that’s wrong in this country do you really think the government should be wasting tax dollars on hearing committees about steroid use?

Ok, so we don’t want kids in high school to start using steroid. I will tell you this, if a kid in high school is using steroids that means that he is playing in an organized sport and not wasting his afternoons watching MTV, playing PS2 or smoking weed.

btw - I LOVE baseball love to play it, love to watch it!!!

Guest jbit

With all that’s wrong in this country do you really think the government should be wasting tax dollars on hearing committees about steroid use?

btw - I LOVE baseball love to play it, love to watch it!!!

btw - I HATE baseball ... but ..... i agree the feds should butt out of professional sports. I DO think that its the sports responsibility to monitor itself. You have to otherwise it will be chemical warfare with guys trying to get that extra edge.

Guest JMT

baseball has received and still does receive BILLIONS of dollars in tax credits and govt subsidies. thus, you could say the feds have an interest in the game.

Guest swirlundergrounder

How about what they said on ESPN on Geroge Bush contradicting his own comments when he addressed the nation (was it during the State of the Union) about how baseball needs to eliminate steroids from the sport and anyone who uses them. Then after hearing that Palmeiro tested positive for steriods Bush went on to say that he and palmerio are friends and that if Palmerio says that he didn't take them on purpose that he believes him. common 'W', the man tested positive for a band substance that he was urgiing baseball only a few months back to eliminate it and anyone involved with it.

Ironic how all of this steriod use with Jose Canseco and (aledgedlly) Palmerio took place while they were playing for the Texas Rangers while the team was owned by George W Bush....

What a crock of shit!!!

Guest JMT
Ironic how all of this steriod use with Jose Canseco and (aledgedlly) Palmerio took place while they were playing for the Texas Rangers while the team was owned by George W Bush....

huh? canseco self-admittedly started using them in oakland as a bash brother, about 6 years prior to his stint with the rangers.

Guest swirlundergrounder

huh? canseco self-admittedly started using them in oakland as a bash brother, about 6 years prior to his stint with the rangers.

Canseco claims in his book that he injected Palmerio himself while they were teamates in Texas. Seems with recent events that Canseco looks to be more credible than Palmerio (who denied the claim during the congressional hearing that he apparantly lied at also) at the moment.