Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aug Sample Sale in NYC

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

What: Intermix Warehouse Sale

When: 8/17-18; Wed. & Thurs., 9 a.m.-9 p.m.

Where: Altman Building, 135 West 18th Street, between Sixth and Seventh Avenues (212-741-5075, ext. 30).

Why: Catherine Malandrino dresses, were $545, now $169; See by Chloe dresses, were $435, now $129; C&C halters, were $49, now $19; Miguelina tops, were $298, now $89.

What: Lauren Merkin

When: 8/9-11; Tues.-Thurs., 11 a.m.-7 p.m.

Where: 231 West 29th Street, between Seventh and Eighth Avenues, suite 201 (212-239-2459).

Why: Up to 70 percent off clutches, totes, evening bags, and such, currently sold at Bergdorf’s, Searle, and Otte.

What: Foley + Corinna

When: 8/8-14; Tues.-Sat., noon-8 p.m.; Sun. & Mon., noon-7 p.m.

Where: 114 Stanton Street, between Ludlow and Essex Streets (212-529-2338).

Why: Okay, so it’s a retail sale. But the deals are not to be scoffed at. Silk camis, were $285, now $195; reversible dresses, were $310, now $225; wrap tunics, were $305, now $85.

What: Barneys Warehouse Sale

When: 8/18-9/5; Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sat. & Sun., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.

Where: 255 West 17th Street, between Seventh and Eighth Avenues (212-450-8400).

Why: Sharpen your claws! Men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, baby stuff, and housewares are up to 80 percent off.

What: John Varvatos

When: 8/8-11; Mon., 5-8 p.m.; Tues.-Thurs., 9 a.m.-8 p.m.

Where: 260 Fifth Avenue, between 28th and 29th Streets (212-812-8000).

Why: Up to 80 percent off clothing, footwear, and accessories. Stuff for women, too.

What: Helen Wang

When: 8/12-13; Thurs. & Fri., 9 a.m.-7 p.m.

Where: Helen Wang Boutique, 69 Mercer Street, between Broome and Spring Streets, downstairs (212-997-4180).

Why: Cashmere cardigans, were $245, now $85; strapless dresses, were $319, now $100; tops, were $176, now $53.

What: Alice + Olivia

When: 8/10-12; Wed.-Fri., 9 a.m.-6 p.m.

Where: 80 West 40th Street, at Sixth Avenue, second floor (212-840-1155).

Why: Stylish pants, blouses, and cashmere sweaters at 70 percent off retail.

What: Big Drop Warehouse Sale

When: Through 8/14; Mon.-Sat., 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sun., noon-7 p.m.

Where: 1325 Third Avenue, between 75th and 76th Streets (212-472-3200).

Why: Clothing, handbags, and accessories from Rebecca Taylor, Citizens of Humanity, and others are up to 75 percent off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wendy winkie

Hello,

I wanted to alert you to a really sleazy situation at a sample sale location that you talk about. Anyway, the location of 260 5th ave has sales often. The second time I went I noticed that the changing room, made with rigged up curtains, offers little privacy. It is not obvious at first, but if you look into the mirrors which reflect the stairs behind you, you can see various gentlemen who work there taking turns going to the top of the stairs to aid in their peeking into the dressing room! I alerted the manager to this problem and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I went again to look for men's shirts (wouldn't need to try on for that!) and noticed AGAIN the men taking turns walking up the stairs to peer into the dressing room reflection of the unsuspecting women undressing. It is one thing to go to a sale where it is obvious that it is a communal changing room, but this location is utterly different. I was irate with the manager this time, and he said "but why would the men want to do this?" as if men desiring naked women was unusual!

In conclusion, I urge you to boycott this dispicable company!