Clubplanet Nightlife Community

makes me sad...

Guest itsalexg

Guest swirlundergrounder

Amazingly enough, according to Cedric Gervais and Eddy Guerra, a few months back Sander dropped "Gasolina" on the terrace and everyone went nuts.

It goes to show ya that in the right place and at the right time, all music can be appreciated. There's crappy house and there's crappy reggaeton, just like there's amazing house and amazing reggaeton.

Yeah but only very few DJ's can get away with a stunt like this during the middle of their set. Lets say a DJ not as big a Sander is played an identical set in the same scenario and he/she dropped 'Gasolina', that same crowd would like WTF??? But you get a DJ like Sander or someone big and beloved like that and they can drop just about anything and get away with it....

A long time ago in Portland Oregon I saw Doc Martin and Thomas from Wicked S.F playing a party together (think it was in 94' or 95') and Thomas dropped some Disney Land song and the crowd went bezerk....But not just any other ordinary unknown DJ could do that and get way with it.....

Guest lulamishka

After surveying many people, I have found that most people who love house, hate reggaeton and most who love reggaeton, hate house.

The funniest thing about it is that both have the same complaint about the others' music...

"It's the same beat over and over"

Amazingly enough, according to Cedric Gervais and Eddy Guerra, a few months back Sander dropped "Gasolina" on the terrace and everyone went nuts.

It goes to show ya that in the right place and at the right time, all music can be appreciated. There's crappy house and there's crappy reggaeton, just like there's amazing house and amazing reggaeton.

I think it was LP that played "La Gasolina" that morning on the patio, if I wasn't too hammered to notice... ;D

You are correct, I was there by the booth and LP handed it to Sander to put it on

Yep, I was there, too (with Lee). He dropped it and I'll admit, I had fun dancing to it at that moment.

Personally, I would never go to a hip hop club however, I love it when I hear a house mix of a GOOD hiphop song or when a dj throws down a good hip hop song out of the blue.

Then again, Im also into musical theatre, opera, country, rock, classical, trance, house, breaks, progressive, triphop, techno, etc...I feel its a good thing to have diversity. ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Great Point Terry Jacinto... Its all in the name....

Exactly. I was there, and I didn't like it, but the crowd ate it up, most likely because it was Sander; had it been somebody else, I don't think people would've been too happy...

Guest Untouchablepurple

I just got get why people take it so personal that Space is doing a Hip Hop/Reggeaton party. Like its been said in previous posts, the Friday party is the Friday party and Saturdays are Saturdays they are two completely different parties. I look at it differently I guess than most people. For them to be doing what they are going to be doing is pretty impressive. Missy ElioTT opening night and who knows who else they will be bringing, but I can imagine it will be someone big... And on top of that all this will happen FRIDAY and only FRIDAY not SATURDAY... They still are very different from almost every other club. Up until now they were only open one day out of the week, Saturdays, and constantly bringing world renound deejays atleast every or every other weekend. To me that alone still makes SPACE have a great name. On top of that, if they will bring big names on Fridays I feel that makes SPACE look BETTER than looking worse... Look at it beyond the point that because they will be playing 'reggeaton' in the patio that it will degrate the place...

umm my bad ms guerra ;D

Guest itsalexg

i was emailed my someone from space telling me to remove the flyer because it was the incorrect one. so i took it off

Guest Devilicious

After surveying many people, I have found that most people who love house, hate reggaeton and most who love reggaeton, hate house.

The funniest thing about it is that both have the same complaint about the others' music...

"It's the same beat over and over"

NOT EVERYONE!!!! >:(

But I take your point.

Guest pod

It's one stinking song at 10 AM. I was so gone in my cups I couldn't help but laugh. Sander didn't drop it as a serious thing, he dropped it for laughs. DJs do that. Oscar does it, and he'll do it again this Saturday. Most DJs in this world really don't take themselves too seriously. :)

Last year, he dropped as his last track "You're my First, my Last, my Everything..."

032.jpg

And yes, Cedric was singing.

Guest kcariaga

the flyer does look ghetto fab.. but thats the crowd that likes reggaeton..

I personally don't care, I know I wont be there and thats all that matters..

I'm all for capitalism..

I'm with you-I don't care and definitely won't be there!!!!!!

Guest Satan

the flyer does look ghetto fab.. but thats the crowd that likes reggaeton..

I personally don't care, I know I wont be there and thats all that matters..

I'm all for capitalism..

I'm with you-I don't care and definitely won't be there!!!!!!

all that this should mean to EDM heads is go to another club on that night. no big deal, move on, theres plenty for all.

trust me, im the devil, and i wont be there either.