Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brand New Mega Venue in Pompano (Ft. Ladi)

B-SIDE1414779017

I've keep this giant little secret to myself for long enough

Just wanted to let you all know about a Brand New "mega-venue" in Boca/Pompano

* Club Cinema * right down the street from the old 3299 on Federal Hwy. (just south of sample rd.)

I'm doing a special Latin Themed party (this Saturday 08-20) but all are welcome to attend and pre-view this lavish new venue.... Although mainly a live concert venue Club Cinema could easily be the next "hot - spot" for South Florida's special events and live entertainment.

I know many of you have other events to work / attend, but please just stop by early for a FREE drink ;D and to check out this venue, before you head out (we open @ 9pm)....

[move]th_ClubCinema-August_20lg.jpg[/move]

more info is http://www.clubcinemaflorida.com/

Guest creativemafia

Unfortionatly it looks like a cross between a convention room and a

ware-house. It is located in a strip mall. As far as premier live venue it does not have no where near the production quality of revolution in lauderdle. The branding and imaging is very lo end cheese market.

The people are nice but clueless to todays market.

ware-house. It is located in a strip mall. As far as premier live venue it does not have no where near the production quality of revolution in lauderdle. The branding and imaging is very lo end cheese market.

You may be right about a few things.... the ID, the logo, Location = why I am getting involved, to show them direction..... (actually demo wize the location is not bad, for a live venue)

> but thinking that Revol. is a better venue sound wize shows your lack of education in the matter... Esp. bcz you've prob never been inside ClubCinema enough to know that the Ceiling is even soundproofed... find another venue in the state with this spec.

And the last time i checked, I've never heard of someone NOT going to a club becasue of thier logo ::) (unless it was offensive) ...

Guest creativemafia

actually i have een inside. the sound system and stage set up looks like a low budget rave production. regardless of soundproofing there isn't enough sound or quality sound at that to fill the room that holds 3k.

BTW Revolution's sound is the same rig as what Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Metallica, The Grammy's, The Tony's, The Acedmy Awards to name a few use.The rig is a JBL Vertec Line array. Which, is one of the most widely used and highly acclaimed systems in the world for live production.

You may be right about a few things.... the ID, the logo, Location = why I am getting involved, to show them direction..... (actually demo wize the location is not bad, for a live venue)

> but thinking that Revol. is a better venue sound wize shows your lack of education in the matter... Esp. bcz you've prob never been inside ClubCinema enough to know that the Ceiling is even soundproofed... find another venue in the state with this spec.

And the last time i checked, I've never heard of someone NOT going to a club becasue of thier logo ::) (unless it was offensive) ...

Guest pod

Vertec is just a pretender to the throne in line arrays. I prefer Clark Audio or L'Acoustics for my line-array needs. The EAW KF line arrays are great, too..

http://www.eaw.com/products/linearray/

Not to say Vertec is horrid or anything, but I'm not a huge fan these days.

Oh, and their main room looks like a knock off of how Space's main room used to be.

Guest james stratus

HA! ;) Had to poke at the logo being a graphic designer, and long in the club world. But on the other notes(mainly) these people need help if they want a successful club. For the live music venue it works fine, but still it has that Central Florida (Seabring ::) ) look to it IMO.

i never said it was a MEGA CLUB... I said Mega VENUE 8)

but for special events it is a nice club feel the way the bars are laid out...

>:( Why all the drama... make music not war!

and if everyone would get off the sidelines (being a 3rd string coach) and stop drinkin "Hater-Aid" .... the cub scene would be much better overall....

"To discover something wrong is observent, to improve something wrong is Intelligent" - UnknownDJ

Guest trauma

Yeah, this club is freakin' huge! 4 floors, 35,000 (give or take). But it's main use is going to be for bands and live events. It's not going to be a "club".

I DJed there last Saturday and it's huge, the sound is good (not great ... but better than most venues) and the staff is freakin' amazing there!

Definitely a cool place to check out. Their "official grand opening" isn't going to be until around November, but they definitely have some good talent coming through there.

;)

Guest slamminshaun

Guys....its Pompano. Aren't we being a little too critical? You can't apply Miami standards to everywhere else. You should see some of the dives I've played in, but were ringin' in sales like it was Christmas....Good luck B-side....

Guest pod

Well, I hope the place has it's ducks in a row, because the overhead looks hellacious. It isn't Miami, sure, but the overhead might as well be.

Factor in:

1. Employee wages

2. DJ/band expenses

3. Taxes

4. Support fees (off duty cops, parking attendants, etc...)

5. Electricity (yeah it adds up...a mid-sized club like Amika goes through $500+ in power a night...)

6. Maitenance

7. Mortgage/rent

If I was a club owner, I'd calculate a daily figure, and my goal would be to meet or exceed that every day I'm open. If you're a promoter, you better help me meet that, or sorry buddy, go elsewhere. Crackhead parties need not apply. A venue that size, I'm not taking charity cases. Maybe a year down the road, when I have 4 successful nights, I'll take a fifth because I think you're cool and deserve a chance.

Again, it isn't Miami, but expense-wise it sure is close. Pompano isn't cheap to do business in.