Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The eye wall is about to hit my house...!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

...or at least that what it looks like on the TV radar.....ARGGGGHHHHHH...Freaky..It's about 5:20pm and I guess it's coming in an hour....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

It even has my neighborhood (Eastern Shores) on the radar map on channel 10 news..Yikes......!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

i'm in san diego right now, sunny, with a slight breeze. :P ;D

Yeah and dry all year around...Yuck....

Guest Slide On The Ice

This sucks the goat nut, man. I'm just glad it's only a catagory 1 cane or this head on shit would be a serious problem. About an hour ago we lost power for a few seconds after several consecutive power surges, and then when it came back up there were more surges, so I unplugged my comp real fast. It seems okay now, no surges for more than 45 minutes.

I bought a case of water at work just in cae, but I forgot all about it until I drove 15 minutes through the wind and rain and branches coming down, and I said to hellp with driving another half hour to go back and get the water. I just hope we don't need it.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Dude the backside of the storm came and it blew my glass table over on my deck along with the unbrellaa with a base that weighs at least 40 pounds. The glass broke all over the place. I ran upstairs to get my other table off of my other deck and I almost got blown off the deck up there....

I'm going to have a big mess to clean up tommorow

Guest Slide On The Ice

Damn, dude. That does suck.

My worry is concerning my bedroom window, right next to my computer. It is a horizontal 3 slat window with the hand crank that cranks them closed. The bottom 2 frames are busted at the arms and they don't close securely, leaving maybe an 8th of an inch opening, even though the window frame is set in a bit into the side of the building. With the wind rushing against the building, the window is rattling and moving inward just a bit, and I'm worried that a gust might whip it up and tear it off. As it is, every so often my blinds blow inward from the wind rushing through the tiny openings.

Man, where did this thing come from? I admit I don't watch TV and don't follow the news, but I didn't even know we were getting this until yesterday, and at first I heard that it was going to reach us on Friday. Wow, after this, if my window holds together, I am getting this fixed ASAP before the next one comes.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah as the backside of the eye came over my place, it was hella humid in my house even with the AC cranked....Shit's still crazy outside and it's already 11pm

Guest swirlundergrounder

Sophia, the little native Floridian, experienced her first eye of the 'cane!

:-*

era uoy erehw doog yllaer ti tlef osla evah tsum uoY

Guest web_norah

duck and cover Terry.

i dont want to brag but this is the best time to be in NY, calm skies, no humidity and it is like 70's nighttime.

come winter it is a different song but i can always get on a plane to come to FL ;D

hurricane time blows.

Guest Diabolique

I put my lap top in the mirror :P lol

:( I have never seen one and I've been in FL for a long time. I'm in DC right now.... worried about my bf, but he's ok, safe at home. He called me and talked about the eye, how calm it was. I can hear rain in the background, even though he has the glass door closed.

Guest swirlundergrounder

duck and cover Terry.

i dont want to brag but this is the best time to be in NY, calm skies, no humidity and it is like 70's nighttime.

come winter it is a different song but i can always get on a plane to come to FL ;D

hurricane time blows.

YEah I'm kind of sick of the 90 degree thing that's been going on now for the past month or two. The Hurricane was a nice (if you can call it that?) change.....imo

Guest swirlundergrounder

I put my lap top in the mirror :P lol

:( I have never seen one and I've been in FL for a long time. I'm in DC right now.... worried about my bf, but he's ok, safe at home. He called me and talked about the eye, how calm it was. I can hear rain in the background, even though he has the glass door closed.

It was crazy to see and feel the calm b4 the storm. After the it was calm for about an hour and a half or so, the bad stuff came out of no where. You kind of let your guard down during the calm. I could have brought the table inside but I didn't think that it was going to blow over and break. It took me an hour this morning to pick up all of the glass on my deck and in the plant pots.........(Pot Plants..LOL J/K)

Guest Devilicious

Miami ...... you got punked

hahaha

Hope everyone fared well. Things were not bad here (s beach) we never lost power, and the wind and rain were just strong enough to be interesting but not scary

Guest swirlundergrounder

Miami ...... you got punked

hahaha

Hope everyone fared well. Things were not bad here (s beach) we never lost power, and the wind and rain were just strong enough to be interesting but not scary

Easy for you to say when you don't witness a table that takes two people to move blow over like a feather....

Guest Diabolique

I haven't had my power go out in the four years I've lived in HAllandale...well, except this one time we totally forgot about the elec bill, and they came by and cut us off for a few hours, LOL!). The neighborhood I live in has underground electric wiring, susceptable only to flooding.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I haven't had my power go out in the four years I've lived in HAllandale...well, except this one time we totally forgot about the elec bill, and they came by and cut us off for a few hours, LOL!). The neighborhood I live in has underground electric wiring, susceptable only to flooding.

?ffo denrut cirtcele ruoy tog uoy hcuO

Guest Diabolique

?ffo denrut cirtcele ruoy tog uoy hcuO

*runs to mirror* ;D heeeey, it doesn't work in the mirror...cuz the letter's aren't backwards, damn.

yeah, for a few hours. we deserved it! lol We had been so busy with work,family, & life, we totally forgot about it for almost two months, heehee...

I don't do that automated payment shit, not for me.

Guest Electric Eel

I lost power last night at 8 and its not back on yet. I'm at my parents house hanging out in the air conditioning but I need to head back home to my no power house where I left my poor dog with the windows open, thank god for the breeze.

Guest swirlundergrounder

hope everyone is a-ok!!!!

sorry about your slight misfortune terry..... :-\

Thanks..it was nothing though in the grand sceme of things. It could have been a lot worse...