Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suge Knight Shot At the Shore Club!

Guest FRESHMAN

Guest FRESHMAN

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight was shot in the leg early Sunday during a party hosted by Grammy-winning hip hop artist Kanye West, police said.

Knight, 40, was hospitalized in good condition, police said. He was shot during a celebrity-studded party at the Shore Club, one of the many celebrations in Miami Beach ahead of the MTV Video Music Awards scheduled Sunday night, said Miami Beach Police Officer Bobby Hernandez.

Sonja Mauro, a guest at the club, said a shot in the party's VIP section rang out shortly before 1 a.m.

"I was in there and I heard a pop and I ran out and got trampled," she said.

People attending the party began screaming and running for the doors, she said.

Knight co-founded the pioneering rap label Death Row Records and hit the charts in the 1990s with West Coast stars including Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.

Knight was convicted in 1992 of assault and weapons violations and was placed on probation. In 1996, he was jailed for five years for violating probation after he and several associates, including Shakur, were recorded on videotape beating a gang rival at a Las Vegas hotel. Shakur was later shot to death in Las Vegas.

Relatives of slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. have also accused Knight of involvement in B.I.G.'s death, though police have never named Knight as a suspect.

Knight continues to operate his label, now called Tha Row.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saintjohn
these are such wonderful people not sure why violence follows them everywhere they go.

It's the man keeping them down.

Seriously, though, a single shot to the leg? Sounds like a negligent discharge ("yo dawg, check out my platinum-plated glock!") or really, really poor marksmanship (the classic ghetto shooting stance doesn't exactly encourage accurate shooting). Either way, I'm glad no innocent bystanders were hurt or killed this time.

2 Shot, Wounded Outside Long Island Nightclub

Gunmen Flee

POSTED: 5:57 pm EDT August 27, 2005

UPDATED: 6:22 pm EDT August 27, 2005

HAUPPAUGE, Long Island -- Two people were shot and wounded in the parking lot of a Long Island nightclub early Saturday morning.

Suffolk County police said a 22-year-old man got into a fight with another patron inside the bar, and bouncers ushered him and several other people into the parking lot.

Shots were fired in the parking lot at about 3:45 a.m., striking the 22-year-old man and a 20-year-old man who was with him, police said.

Both were taken by friends to a hospital, where one was treated for a wound to his thigh and the other was treated for a gunshot wound to his left calf.

The gunmen fled.

Additional information was not immediately available

Guest BIOBLIZZARD
these are such wonderful people not sure why violence follows them everywhere they go.

It's the man keeping them down.

Seriously, though, a single shot to the leg? Sounds like a negligent discharge ("yo dawg, check out my platinum-plated glock!") or really, really poor marksmanship (the classic ghetto shooting stance doesn't exactly encourage accurate shooting). Either way, I'm glad no innocent bystanders were hurt or killed this time.

or really, really poor marksmanship (the classic ghetto shooting stance doesn't exactly encourage accurate shooting).

ROFL I like this guy maybe he tried shooting sideway's on top of it a la mafia south central style.

I'm not a racist at all but I gotta tell this story, I was at the shooting range a few week's back. There were these 2 young "african amercian gentlemen" with just recently purchased firearm's one appeared to be a used 9mm beretta and the other a used glock 40 cal.

What was funny is that they had their target set about 10 feet away and they were shooting sideway's, I mean this was like a scene from the movie "Training Day". On top of this atrocity, they were yelling "cap that nigga son" yes you heard me right. I grabbed my firearm's and proceeded to leave.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

these are such wonderful people not sure why violence follows them everywhere they go. This is a wake up call for clubs, do not let these animals in. If they want to shoot so much I know a place where they can shoot thier little hearts out..

"these animals" wow!!!!

I agree there is no reason to add insult to injury,

But given Suge's history, connection's, power, and mob like status, there will definately be a retaliation to this.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Dr. Dre getting punched at the VIBE awards show, which I may add Suge proclaimed he "had nothing to do with" as usual.

Guest pod

Talk about a snowball effect. When I left Space, the story was that he was killed.

If I owned the hotel, I wouldn't let these animals stay or come in. Some dipshit bleeding heart would call me a racist though.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

I mean seriously you know some of these entourage's have enough firepower in there armored SUV,limo, yacht etc. to start a small war so why not take better precaution's.

Install more metal detector's,security baton's I don't care if it's a cocktail waitress or Jay-Z himself everyone should be thoroughly checked bodyguard's should get a cavity check.

I can only imagine that the security tonight at the VMA's will be nothing less than a body cavity, and rightfully so.

Guest pod

I don't mind the money that this event brings in, but it sure is a hassle to have it. Some jack-off of a rent-a-cop thought I was a paparazzi looking for a sniping location when I left the club this morning to go home.

Guest pod

Why are gang members/rappers such LOUSY shots? The guy is the size of a polar bear, you'd have to be a real palsy victim not to hit him in the torso.

Do the job right or don't bother doing it.

That's the best thing about the rap industry...it's like a self-cleaning oven.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Talk about a snowball effect. When I left Space, the story was that he was killed.

If I owned the hotel, I wouldn't let these animals stay or come in. Some dipshit bleeding heart would call me a racist though.

Agreed supposibly Miami has undercover police specified for these type's of event's yet shooting stabbing's and all kind's of shit goes on.

If you wanna talk about reverse racism,

Winter Music Conference the police were everywhere busting blue coller kid's for partying,shutting down event's, they had unit's everywhere ready to pounce on anyone for the smallest violation and then locking them up. They certainly weren't afraid to arrest the college educated, "unarmed" individual's.

I'm not saying that they don't make a shitload of arrest's during hip- hop,rap, catered event's but there seem's to a large majority of violent crime's that turn out to be"unsolved" and alot more violence than the electronica scene.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Could you imagine if they caught a "Raver" with a gun during WMC lol, they would have called in the "SEAL" team.

Guest FRESHMAN

You're a fucking racist!

Guest macboy

The Miami Beach Police Spokesman said witnesses around Suge at the time were interviewed, yet no one saw anything. LOL

Here's a thought...it was Suge's gun - in his pocket - accidental discharge

He can't say anything. He's a violent felon on parole. This is not only a parole violation, but probably a "three strikes" violation as well.

Guest musicalmissionary

This is an obvious case of intentional gun violence perpetrated specifically for the purpose of selling more violence-laden thuggish rap albums. duh. Sadly, it's all just PR for these people. They gotta keep it real. ::)