Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suge Knight Shot At the Shore Club!

Guest FRESHMAN

Guest tres-b

As I said, it isnt a black/white thing. It is a right/wrong thing.

You cant glorify the thug element, put pedophiles on the air, and show love for someone who lied to a grand jury. Period.

thugs don't fill their trench coats with weapons and bombs so that they can walk through their schools dropping anyone in their sites.

thugs don't steal peoples pensions or investments bancrupting their families a la "Enron etc."

thugs don't kill little girls and hide them under trailers...

I dont see the Columbine guys, Enron execs or the pedophile murders getting airtime or record promotions.

If anything, your post supports my take that while bad elements exist in all parts of society, the hip hop community markets and embraces the bad elements.

At any rate, this dead horse has been beaten to death.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swank

As I said, it isnt a black/white thing. It is a right/wrong thing.

You cant glorify the thug element, put pedophiles on the air, and show love for someone who lied to a grand jury. Period.

thugs don't fill their trench coats with weapons and bombs so that they can walk through their schools dropping anyone in their sites.

thugs don't steal peoples pensions or investments bancrupting their families a la "Enron etc."

thugs don't kill little girls and hide them under trailers...

I dont see the Columbine guys, Enron execs or the pedophile murders getting airtime or record promotions.

If anything, your post supports my take that while bad elements exist in all parts of society, the hip hop community markets and embraces the bad elements.

At any rate, this dead horse has been beaten to death.

Have you seen the Sopranos?

Anyways your right this thread should be done...

Guest slamminshaun

Nah, it can't be done yet....I haven't had a chance to piss anyone off yet, so here it is....

Suge Knight, Lil' Kim, R.Kelly, Puff Daddy, LiL' Buck, 2Pac, Biggie, 50Cent, Snoop Dogg....the list goes on and on... not that I'm saying anything ground-breaking, but I'm having a hard time understanding the fascination with this culture. On one hand, you're called an intollerant biggot if you speak out against it, yet, the city of Miami will host a "watermelon eating contest" and a "who's more ghetto" contest at one of their city parks.....there's too many mixed messages in hip-hop.

Guest web_norah

Nah' date=' it can't be done yet....I haven't had a chance to piss anyone off yet, so here it is....

Suge Knight, Lil' Kim, R.Kelly, Puff Daddy, LiL' Buck, 2Pac, Biggie, 50Cent, Snoop Dogg....the list goes on and on... not that I'm saying anything ground-breaking, but I'm having a hard time understanding the fascination with this culture. On one hand, you're called an intollerant biggot if you speak out against it, yet, the city of Miami will host a "watermelon eating contest" and a "who's more ghetto" contest at one of their city parks.....there's too many mixed messages in hip-hop.

[/quote']

newsflash for you

THEY MAKE MONEY FOR THE MUSIC INDUSTRY / FASHION DESIGNERS

Guest slamminshaun

Nah, it can't be done yet....I haven't had a chance to piss anyone off yet, so here it is....

newsflash for you

There's no newsflash there for me. That's an obvious statement. Hip-Hop is a cash cow. The question is why? Why this fascination with failure and mediocrity? Hip Hop promotes a culture of losers, and it would seem that to be apart of the culture, one must do their best to be a loser in order to fit in.

Bragging about beating women = losers

Bragging about doing drugs = losers (why brag about it..keep it to yourself)

Bragging about being poor = pathetic

Bragging about having no education = sad

Bragging about not using birth control = irresponsible

Bragging about manipulating welfare = losers

Bragging about killing people = losers

Bragging about robbing people = losers

Hip Hop didn't always have this message and they still sold records and made money. There comes a break-even point where the money you're making outweighs the moral resposibility that you have.

Guest jbit

Nah' date=' it can't be done yet....I haven't had a chance to piss anyone off yet, so here it is....

[/quote']

newsflash for you

There's no newsflash there for me. That's an obvious statement. Hip-Hop is a cash cow. The question is why? Why this fascination with failure and mediocrity? Hip Hop promotes a culture of losers, and it would seem that to be apart of the culture, one must do their best to be a loser in order to fit in.

Hip Hop didn't always have this message and they still sold records and made money. There comes a break-even point where the money you're making outweighs the moral resposibility that you have.

The saddest part of all is that white middle america is the majority of the market share for these assholes.

Its disturbing and pathetic.

Guest pod

It sucks since the good artists get lumped in with these animals. You get someone like Common, who is quite good, overshadowded by Suge's stable of performers. It happens all the time in all genres of music. Most people think dance music ("techno") is something to do drugs to.

There, i said it again. Animals! How is that racist? I call any scumbag an animal.

Guest coach

You know, most of this so-called "hip-hop community" are actually little suburbanite white boys who want to feel all "street". They are the ones that buy the millions of CDs of these convicted felons at Virgin.

Guest swank

You know, most of this so-called "hip-hop community" are actually little suburbanite white boys who want to feel all "street". They are the ones that buy the millions of CDs of these convicted felons at Virgin.

;)

Guest pod

This is true. The real-deal hip-hop artists just don't sell as well. A few urban kids going to the local record shop to pick up something like that isn't gonna compete with 230828423234 little suburbanites going to Best Buy and picking up 50 Cent.

Guest slamminshaun

This is my whole point. This is why I don't buy that argument made for listening to hip-hop. I've heard artists say, "well, they wanna hear what they can relate to..." Explain how wanna-be white kids in Nebraska can relate to 50Cent. They can't....we have a severe identiy crisis going on in America.

What's even more amusing is the fact that black guys that "act white" are made fun of and ridiculed in our society. On the other hand, white kids that "act black" are simply expressing their individuality. Expressing their individuality? By being the same as the rest of the white trash?

What else can you expect when you live in a country where losing is the new winning?

Guest swank

You know' date=' most of this so-called "hip-hop community" are actually little suburbanite white boys who want to feel all "street". They are the ones that buy the millions of CDs of these convicted felons at Virgin.

[/quote']

What's even more amusing is the fact that black guys that "act white" are made fun of and ridiculed in our society. On the other hand, white kids that "act black" are simply expressing their individuality. Expressing their individuality? By being the same as the rest of the white trash?

I have to agree with you here Shaun,

because more often than none "acting white" means articulating properly when you speak and sounding edumacated. ;D

wonder why you would have to make fun of that? ???

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Great debate,

Most of these guy's get signed and go platinum a week,month,year after getting shot 5 time's, doing a bit, losing 75% of their loved one's to gunfire, and or 20+ year's of anger,violence,gang tie's.

They live in place's that get you snubbed for wearing the wrong shoe laces, walk down the wrong block, etc.

This is all they know so what effect are they going to have on society with a 7 fiqure bank roll thrown into Hollywood?

To understand the problem you have to see and comprehend where it come's from.

i'd like one of you to call me or any person of color an animal to my face and see what the fuck happens. There are bad elements in every culture whether it be violence, drug use, or general immorality. I don't go to "thug" spots when I'm out but I don't walk into redneck or biker bars either, for the same reason, PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS CAN BE IDIOTS!

Alonzo Harris: What's wrong with street justice?

Hoyt: Oh what? Just let the animals wipe themselves out.

Alonzo Harris: God willing. Fuck 'em, and everybody who looks like em.

Sure GNR would have a few riots, maybe crash a ferrari or two while drunk, maybe even do too many drugs, but GNR never popped a cap into Eddy Vedder's manager's ass!!!!!!!!

Sex drugs and rock and roll is the only way to save americans youth from hip hop...

Guest Cosmigonon

i'd like one of you to call me or any person of color an animal to my face and see what the fuck happens. There are bad elements in every culture whether it be violence, drug use, or general immorality. I don't go to "thug" spots when I'm out but I don't walk into redneck or biker bars either, for the same reason, PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS CAN BE IDIOTS!

Alonzo Harris: What's wrong with street justice?

Hoyt: Oh what? Just let the animals wipe themselves out.

Alonzo Harris: God willing. Fuck 'em, and everybody who looks like em.

Sure GNR would have a few riots, maybe crash a ferrari or two while drunk, maybe even do too many drugs, but GNR never popped a cap into Eddy Vedder's manager's ass!!!!!!!!

Sex drugs and rock and roll is the only way to save americans youth from hip hop...

Hey, don't forget that Vince Neil actually challenged Axl to a FIGHT!!!! :o:P ;D

Guest slamminshaun

Great debate,

Most of these guy's get signed and go platinum a week,month,year after getting shot 5 time's, doing a bit, losing 75% of their loved one's to gunfire, and or 20+ year's of anger,violence,gang tie's.

They live in place's that get you snubbed for wearing the wrong shoe laces, walk down the wrong block, etc.

This is all they know so what effect are they going to have on society with a 7 fiqure bank roll thrown into Hollywood?

So what is the appealing part to white suburbia about being shot 5 times, anger, oppression, welfare, etc.? What is so funny about a black man that is educated?

Guest b00tyman07

It sucks since the good artists get lumped in with these animals. You get someone like Common, who is quite good, overshadowded by Suge's stable of performers. It happens all the time in all genres of music. Most people think dance music ("techno") is something to do drugs to.

There, i said it again. Animals! How is that racist? I call any scumbag an animal.

i've read multiple threads about murderers, drug users (meth) and other criminals on this board and not once do i remember anyone being called an "animal" or otherwise subhuman. i hope that you prove me wrong because i respect the people on this site but with this thread that respect is quickly waning

Guest LeVeL

I didn't think this years VMA's weren't all that but I sure enjoyed 50 Cents Performance. Along with Kanye's performance and Diddy's Ochestra playing to Biggy.

But aside from that dont hate on Hip Hop, Hip Hop has become POP Music over the past years and MTV doesn't play anything but Popular Music they dont play Underground shit.

Aside from that I dont think Rock Music can save society from anything, its just a change of the times. The Rock Music of now in days is no where in the caliber of Rock Music from the 90's, 80's, or 70's. Rock Music or whatever you want to call it is a joke now in days its nothing but a bunch of one hit wonders bands and wanna be Backstreet Boy Bands now in days. Aside from U2, Coldplay, Velvet Revolver, Green Day, Red hot Chilli Peppers, Mudvayne, Metallica ect... there isn't anymore recognizable bands out there.

Rock is definetely on a downfall in my opinion...there needs to be more Bands that come out and make a name for themselves then just 1 album or 1 song.

Basically Hip Hop has more hits and more artist right now in the limelight and the masses buy their albums.

Guest pod

MTV's been a pop music station from the get-go. It just so happens that pop is hip-hop now. 15 years ago it was rock and the start of grunge....thank god the grunge era is over.

Guest LeVeL

MTV's been a pop music station from the get-go. It just so happens that pop is hip-hop now. 15 years ago it was rock and the start of grunge....thank god the grunge era is over.

Exactly... 8)

Guest slamminshaun

i've read multiple threads about murderers, drug users (meth) and other criminals on this board and not once do i remember anyone being called an "animal" or otherwise subhuman. i hope that you prove me wrong because i respect the people on this site but with this thread that respect is quickly waning

Nah, you can't take some of these jokers too seriously. If I did, me and my right-wing conservative ass would have already gone postal at Space. One thing I've found on this board, is that we are all very opinionated and for the most part, intelligent in our arguments. "Animals" is toeing the line....but I doubt they had race in mind...

Guest swank

It sucks since the good artists get lumped in with these animals. You get someone like Common' date=' who is quite good, overshadowded by Suge's stable of performers. It happens all the time in all genres of music. Most people think dance music ("techno") is something to do drugs to.

[/quote']

Nah, you can't take some of these jokers too seriously. If I did, me and my right-wing conservative ass would have already gone postal at Space. One thing I've found on this board, is that we are all very opinionated and for the most part, intelligent in our arguments. "Animals" is toeing the line....but I doubt they had race in mind...

I hope so Shaun,

because message boards are like alcohol...they allow you to speak your true mind all the while hiding behind your created fascade.

;)

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Great debate' date='

[/quote']

So what is the appealing part to white suburbia about being shot 5 times, anger, oppression, welfare, etc.? What is so funny about a black man that is educated?

It's called reality Shaun, love it or hate, you can't change it only get past it, It's like the saying"Trying walking in my shoe's", before you judge.

The appeal you ask? It's trendy, cool,fashionable, and marketable to people whom are less fortunate than yourself and many other's.

You chose to leave Broward on your own, I applaud you for doing so but had you chosen to stay your outlook might be a little less "white suburbia" that it is.

I agree with alot of your view's but in order to make any attempt in changing thing's your perspective has to be a bit less narrow minded.

These artist's appeal to the youth because like everything in life pushing the bar to the extreme is cool, pushing the bounderie's,limit's etc. Sport's, music, culture, fashion, media, etc. I could go on forever.

Instead of getting shot once,twice, hey he took 9 bullet's and he is still walking and rapping lol. Every new rap artist out there has a bigger rap sheet,more street credibilty, more tattoo's, and less likelyhood to make another year attitude.

Guest dirtyhouse777

newsflash for you

The saddest part of all is that white middle america is the majority of the market share for these assholes.

Its disturbing and pathetic.

This is incredibly right on. If you can't see the patheticism of the "hip hop" community, you're blind. I didn't really get it until my former employment stationed me deep in the heart of the ghetto (and i mean the ghetto) and i saw the real deal. and the real deal was quite an eye opener. the thing is most people just don't have any insight to what "thug life" and everything that goesalong with it really is.