Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suge Knight Shot At the Shore Club!

Guest FRESHMAN

Guest slamminshaun

See, you're reading my remarks all wrong. I think the impression I'm leaving is that I don't understand how people who live in poverty or in the ghetto relate to hip-hop culture. No, I TOTALLY understand it, especially considering I've lived on that side of the tracks before.

My criticism is directed toward white, middle america, but most especially toward white upper-middle america. I don't see how hip-hop relates to white america's culture. Fashionable, unique, marketable....yes, it is all of these things, yet there are several ways that adolescents can push the bar. I don't see the attraction to living in poverty when you still suck on your mama's nipple at 16. I don't see the attraction to robbing people, when you're mama can just buy it for you with her platinum visa.

Yeah, I did grow up in Oakland Park/Lauderhill. I'd say that I would have been more apt to commit crimes then these punks running around the Wellington Golf Club. It's simply amusing to me. I have lived on both sides of the tracks. Maybe that's the problem with white, middle america. They can live vicariously through 50cent, without the consequences of his lifestyle. I've got more posers walking around my gated community, then thugs walking up the hardest street in town. yeah, its real easy to walk and talk like a bad ass when the average income of your community is six figures.

My point is this....STOP BEING POSERS!! if you're ghetto, fine...if that's who you are, more power to ya....but don't tell me this is "who you are". You are nothing more then a spoiled brat kid who would piss himself if you saw half the shit I did growing up....watching MTV doesn't make you hard. Being the black man who dares picket in front of a gang-infested crack house does......

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

I wish rap & hip-hop would go back into the Pharcyde, Digable Planets, and Outkast day's.

Smooth jazzinova, feel good, free vibe mode. Those were good day's and the lyric's while some political, gave voice and reason to the community.

Guest slamminshaun

I wish rap & hip-hop would go back into the Pharcyde, Digable Planets, and Outkast day's.

Smooth jazzinova, feel good, free vibe mode. Those were good day's and the lyric's while some political, gave voice and reason to the community.

werd

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

OUTKAST-Aquemini

What happen to album's like this?

Seriously though I can't think of another set of artist's that could get 4 white kid's in a car singing about ROSA PARKS cranked at full volume ;D

Guest LeVeL

Dude move on just like Outkast moved on from Aquemini then you shoudl do the same.

Its the progression of sound...you can keep producing albums that sound the same.

Guest Untouchablepurple

MTV's been a pop music station from the get-go. It just so happens that pop is hip-hop now. 15 years ago it was rock and the start of grunge....thank god the grunge era is over.

i was going to say something like this .. but its true .. theres no more GROUP BANDS [ backstreet boys, nsync] you know what i mwan .. all the POP has become HIP-HOP :-\

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Dude move on just like Outkast moved on from Aquemini then you shoudl do the same.

Its the progression of sound...you can keep producing albums that sound the same.

Easy there Pilgrim,

Don't get all True Gritt on my ass, I'll learn to move on when you learn not to type like an asshole.Kudos?

Out of all seriousness I was referring to the quality of the album compared to today's standard's, and yes I understand progression of music probably more so than you ever will.

How much time have you spent in the studio aside from being an aspiring bedroom DJ like 80% of the other educated online music historian's out there.

What do you consider a quality current production, I only ask because I want to deem this arguement worthy of a rebuttal or dissmisal.

Any please feel free to use current hip-hop,rap, etc.

Guest LeVeL

Easy there Pilgrim,

Don't get all True Gritt on my ass, I'll learn to move on when you learn not to type like an asshole.Kudos?

LOL....relax there Nephew..let go of the cocaine now and reflect on my message.

How much time have you spent in the studio aside from being an aspiring bedroom DJ like 80% of the other educated online music historian's out there.

And I am not a Dj, Bimbo so STFU, coming here talking shit.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Easy there Pilgrim' date='

Don't get all True Gritt on my ass, I'll learn to move on when you learn not to type like an asshole.Kudos?[/quote']

LOL....relax there Nephew..let go of the cocaine now and reflect on my message.

And I am not a Dj, Bimbo so STFU, coming here talking shit.

Surely you can do better than that....... ::) Come on I want you to compare one of the current lyrical geniuses album(you pick) to quality and craftsmanship of a legend like status album like Aquemini.

You chose to pick at my thread, so man the fuck up and give me a real answer.

Guest LeVeL

Surely you can do better than that....... ::) Come on I want you to compare one of the current lyrical geniuses album(you pick) to quality and craftsmanship of a legend like status album like Aquemini.

You chose to pick at my thread, so man the fuck up and give me a real answer.

Dogg I am about to dip we can have another discussion tomorrow about Hip Hop, right now I'll let my Dogg Turbo write one of his signature 3 page essays on ya'..lol

Hip hop is retarded nowadays. Always some dumb shit happening. Violence, egos etc. It's just not the same as the early to mid 90's. Even the celebrities are full of shit. I saw Busta Rhymes at Nocturnal for afterhours on Sunday Morning, and tried to take a pic of him. And him and his asshole bodyguards were acting stupid. I guess that's what I get for supporting this dumb ass nigga ever since day 1 when he was nobody and rhyming with Leaders Of The New School back in 1991.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Hip hop is retarded nowadays. Always some dumb shit happening. Violence' date=' egos etc. It's just not the same as the early to mid 90's. Even the celebrities are full of shit. I saw Busta Rhymes at Nocturnal for afterhours on Sunday Morning, and tried to take a pic of him. And him and his asshole bodyguards were acting stupid. I guess that's what I get for supporting this dumb ass nigga ever since day 1 when he was nobody and rhyming with Leaders Of The New School back in 1991.

[/quote']

Agreed 110%

I met Busta year's ago at FatBlack and he was cool as hell, I remember meeting Diddy with Lil @LIQUID after one of there show's year's back also showed alot of love.

Nowaday's everyone is on the defense and rightfully so, Shit how do 6 shot's go off in SKYBAR and nobody see's shit?

I mean at a RAVE they would have had raffle booth of volunteer's describing every detail of what happened.

Guest trauma

The saddest part of all is that white middle america is the majority of the market share for these assholes.

Its disturbing and pathetic.

seriously though, the worst part is that the record label owners make most of the REAL money. And they are mainly white.

So who are the real animals? The people that grow up in the street, and use this as a way to get out? Or the people that would never step foot in a "ghetto", but exploit it so that they can buy themselves a few million dollar houses?

I like "hip hop" as much as I do "dance" or "classical" or any other type of music that there is. I enjoy music for what it is, and accept it for what it is. I don't care if it's made by somebody that is white, black, brown, purple, green, blue, yellow or any other color in the spectrum. I respect them for doing what they do, and making something out of nothing.

Whatever ... I can't believe I responded to this ... again. haha.

How was everyone's weekend?

My point is this....STOP BEING POSERS!! if you're ghetto' date=' fine...if that's who you are, more power to ya....but don't tell me this is "who you are". You are nothing more then a spoiled brat kid who would piss himself if you saw half the shit I did growing up....watching MTV doesn't make you hard. Being the black man who dares picket in front of a gang-infested crack house does......

[/quote']

I hear ya...

I see alot of that crap up here in Jersey where im working just for the summer. In the shop that im working in right now we have or sell rapper t-shirts like 50 cents,Jay Z,Lloyd Banks,The Game, etc etc... and the best buyers are white folks.Its funny or sad however you want to look at it cause like mentioned before I can see that they are not ghetto and all but want to be that way,asking if we carry fucking 4XL, or even 5 to 6 XL shirts.Wackest style of dressing if you ask me but if thats what they want, fuck it.Its not the only the kids but also parents come in and buy the merchandise for their kids and then whom to blame? And these shirts are not like just the artists face or name,its the artist with guns pointing towards you.Correct me if im wrong im not into hip hop and shyt but I dont think Jay Z promotes violence in his music and theres a T where he's pointing two 45s which anyone smart enough can tell that shyt had to be photoshopped and its the number one shirt we have sold this summer. ::) Its not so much the jersey crowd but more the philly people.Funny thing is the way they talk also and come into the shop asking for things, its funny how this music gets into their mind and think they can run over peeps or try others and all that, BUT they do that shyt with folks they know they can do it to or till the day someone puts em in their place.Its the fashion I guess, just glad I dont see too much of that back home (Miami) and as I was saying if thats what they want,fuck it.As long as they dont fuck with me its all good.Dont get me wrong I dont judge a book by its cover and I have talked to some peeps here and there I mean I have to socialize with customers and at times one can tell how the other person is,as much ghetto they want to be some believe it or not are good kids and come from good families and some are very well spoken I think just that when they get together with friends its like they have something to prove.JUST BE YOURSELF.Something alot of peeps have problems with. :-\

Guest slamminshaun

You know, this whole thread was great yesterday. It was so fresh on my mind, I went up to Publix with wifey last night, and there he was....the typical upper/middle class white kid with the whole "thug nation" thing going on, limpin' around aisle 4....whats ever better, is that I couldn't help myself. I got my wife's attention, and I pointed at him and snickered to myself, although i'm sure it was obvious to him that's what I was doing since I was pointing to blatantly...so what's this "hard ass nigga from the streets of Sawgrass Lakes" do? Heh, he turns his ballcap around and wears it the right way and all of a sudden quit the "limping" and walked like a regular homosapien!! LOL!! Too funny.....even my wife got a kick out of that one....fuckin' MTV!! :-X

Guest swank

You know' date=' this whole thread was great yesterday. It was so fresh on my mind, I went up to Publix with wifey last night, and there he was....the typical upper/middle class white kid with the whole "thug nation" thing going on, limpin' around aisle 4....whats ever better, is that I couldn't help myself. I got my wife's attention, and I pointed at him and snickered to myself, although i'm sure it was obvious to him that's what I was doing since I was pointing to blatantly...so what's this "hard ass nigga from the streets of Sawgrass Lakes" do? Heh, he turns his ballcap around and wears it the right way and all of a sudden quit the "limping" and walked like a regular homosapien!! LOL!! Too funny.....even my wife got a kick out of that one....fuckin' MTV!! :-X

[/quote']

Would you have reacted the same way if the kid was a "visible minority" from an upper/middle class "hood" all blinged out in his "thug wear".

Most people don't even make eye contact and grab their children and purses...usually afraid to meet these intimidators in the parking lot. Not knowing that more times than often they(the intimidators) had to sneak out of the house before they put their "thug wear" on because their parents would never approve.

Fckn MTV :-X

Guest slamminshaun

Most people don't even make eye contact and grab their children and purses...usually afraid to meet these intimidators in the parking lot.

Isn't that what they're trying to accomplish to begin with? I don't care what race you are, if you live in my neighborhood, you are NOT a gangsta and are subject to being laughed at. None of these clowns in my neighborhood so much as make my knees shake....obviously, that kid last night knew he looked like a penis, because he quickly stopped limping and turned his ball cap around. Amazing transformation!! I bet as soon as I was out of sight, the ball cap got flipped back and he started limping again....

Guest swank

Most people don't even make eye contact and grab their children and purses...usually afraid to meet these intimidators in the parking lot.

Amazing transformation!! I bet as soon as I was out of sight' date=' the ball cap got flipped back and he started limping again....

[/quote']

prolly ;D

Guest eskimogirl2005

How Disgusted I Was When I Heard: Keep that shit out of the M-I-A b/c there's enough drama and BS here as it is!!!!!!! Seriously.

Guest eskimogirl2005

I meant: How Disgusted I Was When I Heard That, keep that shit out of the M-I-A b/c there's enough drama and BS here as it is!!!!!!!! Seriously.