Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What music formats are followed in this forum

Guest DJ Oslo

Guest DJ Oslo

Hi Community:

I am new to this forum and am visiting every few days to get to know the content and forum members. In many of the threads I've read there seems to be many members who are into House/Electronica music. I also sense that there are members here who are either local DJs, club promoters, and clubbers?

Are there any people here who are into Urban music such as Hip-Hop/Reggaeton/Dancehall?

For those that are into House music, what type of House music do you tend to listen to in the clubs in Miami?

I plan to visit Miami in next week and plan to visit some clubs playing both House/Urban music. I grew in Miami/Kendall and currently live in Oslo, Norway. It would be nice to make some acquantances on these boards. Thanks in advance.

Guest macboy

This is a very tolerant community where many different genres of music are discussed, not necessarily just EDM. That being said, I wouldn't plan on submitting a reggaeton CD in the upcoming Cooljunkie DJ competition.

Guest DJ Oslo

Thanks for the response. Are most of the members here DJs, or are they clubbers or people in the industry?

Is there a competition hosted on this board?

I was in Miami early this year and went to some clubs. It seems Hip-Hop music is very popular. So is Reggaeton. But I sense that Dance music is also very strong. Is there a larger audience for Dance music vs. Urban music?

The masses seem to favor hip hop/reggeaton but miami is very well known for EDM. I haven't lived in miami for a couple years now so im not sure what percentages prefer either these days. I know that in Palm Beach County, hip hop prevails and most EDM parties struggle.

I'd say that a good portion of this board is in one way or another involved in the industry whether DJ's, promoters or respected consumers.

The question shouldn't be "What is there a larger audience for?" but rather what kind of audience would you like to attract....you will rarely be able to cater to both at the same time as most people will gravitate to one or the other - not both.

Also, miami audiences can be ruthless and fickle so if you are going at it from a commercial standpoint, beware.

Guest DJ Oslo

Also, miami audiences can be ruthless and fickle so if you are going at it from a commercial standpoint, beware.

Thanks for replying ~Oni~. I didn't understand the above comment. Can you clarify please. Thanks.

Guest slamminshaun

I think she means you need more then just popping on an MTV to Go CD to keep a joint packed.....DJ talent has alot to do with how well a party goes in Miami, unlike many towns in S. Florida...mine being one of them. DJ Bag O' Donuts could walk into a bar with a CD Changer and a Peavey amp, put the changer on Random Shuffle, and as long as its 90% hip-hop/10% pop, you have yourself a superstar DJ and a good party.

Guest DJ Oslo

I think she means you need more then just popping on an MTV to Go CD to keep a joint packed.....DJ talent has alot to do with how well a party goes in Miami' date=' unlike many towns in S. Florida...mine being one of them. DJ Bag O' Donuts could walk into a bar with a CD Changer and a Peavey amp, put the changer on Random Shuffle, and as long as its 90% hip-hop/10% pop, you have yourself a superstar DJ and a good party.

[/quote']

Thanks for the explanation.

Guest coach

LOL! DJ Bag-O-Donuts! He rocks!

Definitely, the majority here, like most cities in the U.S. doesn't really have any musical preference, they just follow where the herd goes. These days, the herd is going towards hip-hop.

As far as EDM goes, the vast majority of what is played at the large clubs is some form of House. Progressive seems popular, and Deep seems to be catching on.

Guest slamminshaun

Personally....im more into progressive breaks but its not popular at all. :( Oh well, i guess ill just rock it on my ipod and at home.

I like that too since its intelligent...the Florida funky 808 breaks? Die!!

Guest LeVeL

In this Forum only House is liked...if you like anything else you get bashed. That is just the way it goes here...

Only a couple of us like Trance, Techno, Electro, Drum and Bass,Breaks, Hip Hop.

All the rest are just House,Deep House, Funky House, Sexy House, Colombian House, Garage House, Salsa House, Waffle House ect...hope I can help. ;D

In this Forum only House is liked...if you like anything else you get bashed. That is just the way it goes here...

Only a couple of us like Trance' date=' Techno, Electro, Drum and Bass,Breaks, Hip Hop.

All the rest are just House,Deep House, Funky House, Sexy House, Colombian House, Garage House, Salsa House, Waffle House ect...hope I can help. ;D

[/quote']

WAFFLE HOUSE SUCKS!!! You have horrible taste man.....

IHOP all the way. ;D

Guest DJ Oslo

Ok LeVeL, you seem to have answered the question. So I when I post mixes I'll start with House. But since I am universal in the music I mix, I will eventually submit some Urban mixes for those that enjoy it too. Thanks. 8)

Guest LeVeL

Ok LeVeL, you seem to have answered the question. So I when I post mixes I'll start with House. But since I am universal in the music I mix, I will eventually submit some Urban mixes for those that enjoy it too. Thanks. 8)

if you have some Hip Hop Mixes that are gangsta then bring them on... ;D 8)

Guest DJ Oslo

Ok LeVeL' date=' you seem to have answered the question. So I when I post mixes I'll start with House. But since I am universal in the music I mix, I will eventually submit some Urban mixes for those that enjoy it too. Thanks. 8)

[/quote']

Ok Miami...here I come!!! 8)

Ok LeVeL' date=' you seem to have answered the question. So I when I post mixes I'll start with House. But since I am universal in the music I mix, I will eventually submit some Urban mixes for those that enjoy it too. Thanks. 8)

[/quote']

DJ Clue?

Guest LeVeL

DJ Clue?

Clue is a commercial Hip Hop DJ...that plays strickly for the clubs...Diddy,Kanye, Fabulous, Jay Z

Guest DJ Oslo

Isn't DJ Clue always yelling at 5 db over the normal sound of the song, pluggin his mix-tape or some a up and coming artist?