Clubplanet Nightlife Community

80% of New Orleans is underwater....!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

As deep as 20 feet in some places even. The Army Corp of engineers are currently trying to figure out how to seal a breach, 200 feet long (approx 2 city blocks wide) in the levee that seperates Lake Ponchitrain and the city CNN reported a few minutes ago...

Guest durrtylexx

050829_flooded_no_hlrg7.hlarge.jpg

Downtown New Orleans, with the Superdome just right of center, is seen Tuesday morning, most of it under water.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

It certainly put's thing's into perspective for sure, I was watching a story about a man, his 2 children, and his wife who were trying to climb on top of the roof to avoid drowning.

Sadly the husband was unable to let go of the children to save his wife, she said their lives are more important and drowned while the husband and the children reached safe ground :'(.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Living in Florida all my life it has come to conclusion that nature can be a motherfucker, I spent my weekend using my the winch on my H1 + 520 pounds of torque to pull tree's on friend's and family's property's.

Guest swirlundergrounder

It certainly put's thing's into perspective for sure, I was watching a story about a man, his 2 children, and his wife who were trying to climb on top of the roof to avoid drowning.

Sadly the husband was unable to let go of the children to save his wife, she said their lives are more important and drowned while the husband and the children reached safe ground :'(.

That is really sad. I'm sure that this discussion is always brought up with families. You sit around playing out these scenarios in your head with your wife/husband and you tell them to sacrifice yourself in order to save your kids...I can't imagine having to be faced with such a scenario..... :'(

God why didn't these peeps leave the city???? I know that a lot of people don't have transportation but having a kid myself, I would for sure try to find a way to evacuate....But who knows what these peoples circumstances were..... :-[

Guest swirlundergrounder

Face it, wherever you go, there is severe weather. A noreaster can be just as deadly as a hurricane.

Whats a noreaster?

Guest web_norah

snow is pretty bad. and yes power may go out but i havent dealt with it just yet. i think the last time there was something severe was back in 96'.