Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So, what book are you reading?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diabolique

'The Teachings of Buddha', 'Beyond Thinking : A Guide to Zen Meditation', and Bill Hicks' 'Love All The People.'

Guest tres-b

'Rivers of Gold'

Basically the history of the Spanish Empire starting in the 1400s and their drive to find and acquire gold.

Guest Devilicious

carl hiaasen - skinny dip

and

tom robbins - still life with woodpecker

I love both of those authors!

Sick Puppy is my all time favorite Hiaasen, real LOL funny

Guest Devilicious

Hey does anyone know if Da Vinci code comes in a paperback? I really dont want to spend $25 on it to then have to lug the damn thing all over the place.

It doesn't look like you can get the paperback version yet (surprising) but you can probably get a used version on amazon or barnes and noble's website for less. It's such a fast read you won't be lugging it around for long. There's also an audio version available.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

The Satanic Verse's by Salman Rushdie.

It's inspiring reading a novel that condemed the author's death shorty after it's publication, I wasn't ready to read when it was released in 1988.

Guest Electric Eel

Hey does anyone know if Da Vinci code comes in a paperback? I really dont want to spend $25 on it to then have to lug the damn thing all over the place.

It doesn't look like you can get the paperback version yet (surprising) but you can probably get a used version on amazon or barnes and noble's website for less. It's such a fast read you won't be lugging it around for long. There's also an audio version available.

I thought I saw it when I was just at Target in paperback but I could be wrong.

I agree about it being a fast read, I couldn't put the book down. Ended up staying awake late reading and finished it in 2 nights.

Guest slamminshaun

Unauthorized Biography of Vanilla Ice

Next: Unauthorized Biography of Darude.

Yeah baby...New York Times best seller!!

Guest Ar

i have the paperback version... then again, i got it at London Heathrow Airport .

i have the paperback version... then again, i got it at London Heathrow Airport .

Can i borrow it? Ill lend you Angels and Demons. *lol* Or anyone else for that matter?

Guest slamminshaun

How about Cliffs Notes? :P

Pfffftttttt.......go back to your Darude Bio. Hey, when are you spinning at Jax again? *lol*

Guest slamminshaun

Pfffftttttt.......go back to your Darude Bio. Hey, when are you spinning at Jax again? *lol*

LOL, you'll always ride my ass for that one...I don't know. I've had a few opportunities to play there since last time, but I'm just bored with playing right now. Can you blame me? Look at my options up here.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?satitle=da+vinci+code+paperback&catref=C3&from=R2

DAMMIT i was outbid!!! So mad. >:(

So yeah, im on to the next book: The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason.

• 2 months later...
Guest Spankmeister

I just bought the Da Vinci Code last night....heard it was pretty good...so I will be reading that.

And I think it is about time for me to re-read my all time favorite book, Immortality by Milan Kundera...I try to read it every few years because I get something new out of it every time I do...

Guest pussErox

The Dancing Wu Li Masters (again)

At an Esalen Institute meeting in 1976, tai chi master Al Huang said that the Chinese word for physics is Wu Li, "patterns of organic energy." Journalist Gary Zukav and the others present developed the idea of physics as the dance of the Wu Li Masters--the teachers of physical essence. Zukav explains the concept further:

The Wu Li Master dances with his student. The Wu Li Master does not teach, but the student learns. The Wu Li Master always begins at the center, the heart of the matter.... This book deals not with knowledge, which is always past tense anyway, but with imagination, which is physics come alive, which is Wu Li.... Most people believe that physicists are explaining the world. Some physicists even believe that, but the Wu Li Masters know that they are only dancing with it.

The "new physics" of Zukav's 1979 book comprises quantum theory, particle physics, and relativity. Even as these theories age they haven't percolated all that far into the collective consciousness; they're too far removed from mundane human experience not to need introduction. The Dancing Wu Li Masters remains an engaging, accessible way to meet the most profound and mind-altering insights of 20th-century science. --Mary Ellen Curtin

Guest Cosmigonon

None at the moment. I used to be an avid reader, but not anymore. Is hard for me to find books that can grab my attention nowadays...