Clubplanet Nightlife Community

22 pills in one night?!?!

A little bit of news my friend picked up from www.bluelight.nu. Crazy shit!

Headline :: RAVER TAKES 22 ECSTASY TABS AT GIG .. AND LIVES

A raver at the Creamfields music festival escaped death after taking 22 ecstacy tablets, it was revealed yesterday.

The 24-year-old Dubliner collapsed at last month`s outdoor concert at Punchestown Race Course, but was rushed to hospital after on-site

doctors revived him..

He was kept in intensive care for two nights before regaining consciousness. Dr Shay Keating, who headed the Creamfields emergency

team, told the Medicine Weekly magazine that the man had stopped breathing when he was found.

His temperature soared to 41 degrees and doctors had to inject his face with anaesthethic to open his mouth.

A medical source said "His teeth were clenched together so they couldn`t get a tube into him to get him breathing. It was one of the worst

cases ever seen. His friends told the doctors that he had taken 22 ecstasy pills and it is a miracle that he survived at all."

Dr Keating revealed that if it had not been for the emergency team, the man would have died and two other revellers, who ahad also taken

ecstasy, would have suffered permanent health damage.

He said: "We sent three people to hospital. Two were unconscious from ecstasy and one was seriously hyperthermic, with a temperature of

41 degrees. The man had to be intubated on siteand then taken by ambulance to St James' Hospital. Altough he is now fine, medical

intervention was crucial at the site."

Dr Keating also said the majority of the patients treated at the event, which attracted more than 25,000 people, were suffering from

exhaustion and dehydration - classic symptoms displayed by ecstasy-users.

This story is fucking crazy..I cant believe this...that guy is obviously a fucking moron. Ecstasy doesnt even work when you take too much off it....that guess needs a dose of reality not a dose of E.

Calyandra@aol.com

Virgo Gues+list

Exit Fridays

------------------

~*A friend in needs a friend indeed a friend with weed (or E) is better*~

my exflatmate did about 35 over a couple nites.....needless to say he was great fun to be around come monday/tuesday but he was OK

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

"His teeth were clenched together so they couldn`t get a tube into him to get him breathing. It was one of the worst

cases ever seen. His friends told the doctors that he had taken 22 ecstasy

pills and it is a miracle that he survived at all."

Thats amusing. Its also sad that he has the stupidest, most fucked up friends....just the fact that the friend knew he had so much e is terrible. should have gone to the hospital to have the stomach pumped. ive never taken more than 2.5 pills..

22 in one night!!!! Holy shit! eek.gif

2.5 pills is more than enough I would think for anybody. 3 is pushing it as it is.

I can't fathom anyone having the brass balls to drop themselves to obilivion.

------------------

Double-Down

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

[This message has been edited by doubledown11 (edited 07-25-2000).]

I read somewhere that to overdose on MDMA takes the equivalent of about 14 normal pills. This guy was well into OD category. I agree, they almost should have just let him die to improve the gene pool.

JohnB

creamfields

is a three day festival

maybe he was pushing about 7-8 a night

no way in hell he could of done it in a 24 hour span

I should actually read the article

b4 I post this

he could of eaten 22 pills at once for all I know?

------------------

TECHNO MUSIC

more fun than 4 hookers and an 8-ball of coke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

at another dance festival homelands in scotland my mates took 18 pills each the festival lasted for 17 hours so that makes it about one an hour for each. Both were ok and admitted they did'nt relly need that many but were trying to keep up with each other .stupid i know but they enjoyed themselfs regardliss.

plus mabey our pills are weaker than your'se as i think nothing of taking 4 or 5 a night and my mates who have been taking them longer than me takes about 8 or 9 a night.

2 could probaly do us all but were is the fun in that. we all normally take 2 mabey 3 at the club and save the rest for going home

there alot cheeper here .we normally get 100 for the weekend between about 13/14 of us for £250 which is only £2.50 a pill or if we don't get the 100 £4 a pill. so if i get 5 it is still only £20 (about $40) so it is so much cheaper than drinking.

I can't understand why people need to take some many pills. Why would u want to put your body through something like that? Do they find that fun or something. I don't like to get to the point where I am so retarted that I can't even have fun or function. I guess that I'm more about havin fun than doin the drugs.

My boy back in H.S. used to sell and one night he just kept on taking from his stash until he had taken 14 pills. He was all sorts of fucked up and now he can cant focus is vision is objects for long periods of time

------------------

Take nothing for granted, what goes up doesnt always come down, so catch my ride

12 old skool apples was the most I have ever eatten and it was the worst night of my life. Two friends had to pick me up off the floor on the Roxy for a Tom Mello color party, and bring me to the bathroom to make me throw up, needless to say that was the stupidest thing I have ever done. 4 pills is the most depending on how good they are. 22 is bullshit,death comes in strange ways, maybe that asshole will learn his lesson,