Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Michael Moore, Letter to the President.

Guest DaGoose

Guest DaGoose

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore

MMFlint@aol.com

www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Guest jbit

instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps.

Look at double M gettin hip with the lingo. He does have valid points but he's still a douchbag.

Guest swirlundergrounder

instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps.

Look at double M gettin hip with the lingo. He does have valid points but he's still a douchbag.

And one of those points being that Bush cut funding to the army corp of engineers in the N.O area to stregnthen the levees for 3 years in a row!!!!

Guest slamminshaun

I wonder why he didn't send a letter to Louisiana's governor who is the real reason why things are out of control down there. She had every ability to get choppers flown in. She had every ability to stop the looters....

She failed, and now Bush get's to clean up her mess....not before taking the blame for it.

Guest tres-b

When this fat piece of shit donates a few million that he made lying to his fellow leftists, I might read the whole letter.

I cant even believe someone posted this crap.

And there are helicopters but the "good" citizens of NO are shooting at them.

Guest swirlundergrounder

When this fat piece of shit donates a few million that he made lying to his fellow leftists, I might read the whole letter.

You mean the bad citizens are shooting at them right?

Guest obby

Pathetic to see/hear people trying to pin the blame on this person or that person.

Keep your head up....and remember what happened...

-Hurricane on the way

-Gov,Sen and Mayor of New Orleans declare emergency and mandatory evacuation of all residents -All of those who cannot evacuate are to find their way to the superdome as a shelter.

-THAT WAS THEIR PLAN! LOCAL STATES/CITIES ALL HAVE THEIR PLANS!

-The hurrican hits, the city has massive damage, but the city is DRY and all news outlets say New Orleans dodged a bullet!

-A day later, the levee break in 2 places. They don't really overflow, THEY BREAK! The whole in the levee grows bigger by the second.

-Day 3, New Orleans underwater!! Coast Guard is rescuing who they can and survivors who are able, flock to Conv. Center and SuperDome -Both places have no resources, sanitation or order?

-Looters are going crazy. People are going crazy. Shooting at rescue helicopters, police.

-Thugs @ the Conv. Cntr and Superdome are raping young girls in bathrooms, many of the few white evacuees and some blacks @ the conv. center and superdome are beaten to death.

-Day 4, Local gov't (of Lousiana, specifically New Orleans) emergency plan HAS FAILED!!! -Fed gov't already has Navy ships en route and Nat. Guard troops are getting together and formulating a plan. -Today, day 5, MASSIVE convoys of FOOD, WATER, MEDICINE, etc...reach New Orleans and are currently being distributed to refugees (as of 1230 pm) via FEMA,,AKA- Fed. Gov't. President arrives in gulf state to survey ground zero of Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi.

-Massive aid and support pours in from around the country and the world!

America will come together(as it always does).

Note: America, not rep or dem, lib or conserv,,,but Americans!!!! ANYONE WHO OPTS TO POLITICALLY POSTURE THEMSELVES W/ THIS EVENT IS NOT HELPING! JAMMING A WEDGE BETWEEN AMERICANS AT THIS TIME OF NEED IS REPUGNANT AND I HOPE YOU GUYS SEE IT THAT WAY TOO!

There will be plenty of time to blame and figure out what went wrong? Both from the local state gov't and it's leaders and the response from the Federal Gov't.

This is horrible! I've been home today watching all this and it's so sad.

The best thing I saw was loads of helicopters and a convoy of 18 wheelers and buses 8 MILES LONG heading into New Orleans. They say all this food/water/ice/medicine will need to be strategically set up in dry area which trucks can access to deliver things IN/OUT.

The problem here is not just the flood,,,,,,it's that IT IS NOT RECEEDING like most floods do. NEW ORLEANS has become a bathtub!!!! That combined w/ the failure of the local gov't police to maintain order are depressing. If you can't restore order, you can deliver aid and rescue people. This has been a PERFECT STORM ....Everything HAS GONE WRONG!

Guest tres-b

You mean the bad citizens are shooting at them right?

You are all over my sarcasm today. ;D

Guest tres-b

Pathetic to see/hear people trying to pin the blame on this person or that person.

Keep your head up....and remember what happened...

-Hurricane on the way

-Gov,Sen and Mayor of New Orleans declare emergency and mandatory evacuation of all residents -All of those who cannot evacuate are to find their way to the superdome as a shelter.

-THAT WAS THEIR PLAN! LOCAL STATES/CITIES ALL HAVE THEIR PLANS!

-The hurrican hits, the city has massive damage, but the city is DRY and all news outlets say New Orleans dodged a bullet!

-A day later, the levee break in 2 places. They don't really overflow, THEY BREAK! The whole in the levee grows bigger by the second.

-Day 3, New Orleans underwater!! Coast Guard is rescuing who they can and survivors who are able, flock to Conv. Center and SuperDome -Both places have no resources, sanitation or order?

-Looters are going crazy. People are going crazy. Shooting at rescue helicopters, police.

-Thugs @ the Conv. Cntr and Superdome are raping young girls in bathrooms, many of the few white evacuees and some blacks @ the conv. center and superdome are beaten to death.

-Day 4, Local gov't (of Lousiana, specifically New Orleans) emergency plan HAS FAILED!!! -Fed gov't already has Navy ships en route and Nat. Guard troops are getting together and formulating a plan. -Today, day 5, MASSIVE convoys of FOOD, WATER, MEDICINE, etc...reach New Orleans and are currently being distributed to refugees (as of 1230 pm) via FEMA,,AKA- Fed. Gov't. President arrives in gulf state to survey ground zero of Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi.

-Massive aid and support pours in from around the country and the world!

America will come together(as it always does).

Note: America, not rep or dem, lib or conserv,,,but Americans!!!! ANYONE WHO OPTS TO POLITICALLY POSTURE THEMSELVES W/ THIS EVENT IS NOT HELPING! JAMMING A WEDGE BETWEEN AMERICANS AT THIS TIME OF NEED IS REPUGNANT AND I HOPE YOU GUYS SEE IT THAT WAY TOO!

There will be plenty of time to blame and figure out what went wrong? Both from the local state gov't and it's leaders and the response from the Federal Gov't.

This is horrible! I've been home today watching all this and it's so sad.

The best thing I saw was loads of helicopters and a convoy of 18 wheelers and buses 8 MILES LONG heading into New Orleans. They say all this food/water/ice/medicine will need to be strategically set up in dry area which trucks can access to deliver things IN/OUT.

The problem here is not just the flood,,,,,,it's that IT IS NOT RECEEDING like most floods do. NEW ORLEANS has become a bathtub!!!! That combined w/ the failure of the local gov't police to maintain order are depressing. If you can't restore order, you can deliver aid and rescue people. This has been a PERFECT STORM ....Everything HAS GONE WRONG!

Post of the week.

Guest tres-b

bravo to m. moore. he may act like a jack ass at times but i agre this time. i mean comon bush just came back from a month vacation :P

The Pres doesnt take a vacation like we do. Wake up. The White House is wherever President Bush happens to be.

You are easily led on this one Blingster.

Guest swirlundergrounder

bravo to m. moore. he may act like a jack ass at times but i agre this time. i mean comon bush just came back from a month vacation :P

The Pres doesnt take a vacation like we do. Wake up. The White House is wherever President Bush happens to be.

You are easily led.

That is true. He's never really on vacation. I myself wouldn't want to sit in the Oval office 24-7. it seems as if he takes his work where ever he go's. But the day of the hurricane he should have not been in San Diego. He should have returned to D.C immediatley...

Guest obby

FYI

Local government are responsible for taking care of their citizens.....Mayor and Governor.........They ALWAYS get the first crack at taking care of their own state. They failed, now "daddy",,,aka FEDS are taking care of it.

Guest trancepriest

FYI

Local government are responsible for taking care of their citizens.....Mayor and Governor.........They ALWAYS get the first crack at taking care of their own state. They failed, now "daddy",,,aka FEDS are taking care of it.

What local government? Have you been viewing the news?

Guest JMT

FYI

i didnt realize new orleans was its own state.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

FYI

i didnt realize new orleans was its own state.

Should I join in this discussion or stay the fuck out ;D.

Guest obby

FYI

The same local Government that issued a MANDATORY evacuation. Remember the mayor and governor at the press confrence saying to EVACUATE and those who could not, to go to the superdome? I REMEMBER...DON'T YOU?

The press specifically asked about the mayor's plan and he said the plan was in place and that he was "greatful" for Washington declaring a state of emergency early in order to get the ball rolling on FEMA...

It was just a perfect storm of hurricane damage, flooding due to breaking levees, no effective plan by the city or state to maintaine order, crime, lack of resources, etc..etc..etc......

Over 60% of LA nat. guard troops are in LA, not in Iraq. Nearly 70% of all Nat. Guard troops are in their home states, NOT IN IRAQ.

This whole blame thing sickens me.

Guest trancepriest

Should I join in this discussion or stay the fuck out ;D.

We have troops coming back from Iraq just to help out... if that alone doesn't say the nature of the entire "fuckery"... well I don't know what does. I wonder if those are Lousiana National Guard troops that were deployed to Iraq? The affected areas due to this hurricane are so vast... that the situation by itself dictates federal management. What the fuck is our National Guard doing in Iraq?

Guest swirlundergrounder

FYI

The same local Government that issued a MANDATORY evacuation. Remember the mayor and governor at the press confrence saying to EVACUATE and those who could not, to go to the superdome? I REMEMBER...DON'T YOU?

The press specifically asked about the mayor's plan and he said the plan was in place and that he was "greatful" for Washington declaring a state of emergency early in order to get the ball rolling on FEMA...

It was just a perfect storm of hurricane damage, flooding due to breaking levees, no effective plan by the city or state to maintaine order, crime, lack of resources, etc..etc..etc......

Over 60% of LA nat. guard troops are in LA, not in Iraq. Nearly 70% of all Nat. Guard troops are in their home states, NOT IN IRAQ.

This whole blame thing sickens me.

So if 60% of the national guard troops are in Louisiana then why is the First Wave of troops to enter the Gulf Region/New Orleans coming in all the way around the world from Iraq? Either there's a shortage of National Gaurd troops in LA or there's a major fuck up in the deployment of them.

I would suspect it was due to the fact that there was a shortage of N.G troops in LA since the first wave of troops are travelling across 2 freakin' oceans to get here 4 Days after the strom hit...!!! 3 days after the onset of chaos!!!

Guest trancepriest

So if 60% of the national guard troops are in Louisiana then why is the First Wave of troops to enter the Gulf Region/New Orleans coming in all the way around the world from Iraq? Either there's a shortage of National Gaurd troops in LA or there's a major fuck up in the deployment of them.

I would suspect it was due to the fact that there was a shortage of N.G troops in LA since the first wave of troops are travelling across 2 freakin' oceans to get here 4 Days after the strom hit...!!! 3 days after the onset of chaos!!!

Anyone but Republicans can see that... it's normal to them to have troops flying all the way back from Iraq to help out... days after the onset of the event. Obviously something must be wrong for us to take troops out of combat to help with an emergency. Perhaps alot of the NG in Louisiana refused to show up or were out of contact due tot he emergency itself.

Guest slamminshaun

Anyone but Republicans can see that... it's normal to them to have troops flying all the way back from Iraq to help out... days after the onset of the event. Obviously something must be wrong for us to take troops out of combat to help with an emergency. Perhaps alot of the NG in Louisiana refused to show up or were out of contact due tot he emergency itself.

Perhaps the governor should take a leadership role and quit crying about her fuck ups on TV...

Guest obby

No Michael Moore letter or sarchasm by Jon Stewart going to convince me that this storm and it's aftermath are the fault of a man or a policy.

Mother nature ALWAYS WINS!!!

Those who want to blame Bush are just plain TA-TA-TA....people who don't fully understand the magnitude of this disaster.

Again, we're Americans. We should help and provide support.

Besides, these same people who complain about not enough troops are the same people who loath the miltary and always fight to drastically cut it's numbers and close their bases....Now they crying for their help?