Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OSCAR G and MURK news

Guest davidorth

Guest davidorth

OSCAR G. wins BEST DJ and BEST PRODUCER at the Miami DJ Music Awards at Nikki Beach.

Murk ESSENTIAL MIX on Sirius Satellite Radio this weekend!

Made In Miami out October 4 on Star 69 records

On August 28, Oscar G. was named the winner of BEST DJ and BEST PRODUCER at the first annual DJ Music Awards, held at Nikki Beach in Miami, Florida. The DJ Music Awards celebrates the Miami-area’s best DJ talent in both house music and Hip-Hop genres and Oscar G. took home top honors in a field that included DJs Ivano Bellini, Gabriel Fain and Cedric Gervais, among many others. In the coming months, The DJ Music Awards will plan for similar regional themed award shows in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. For more information visit: http://www.djmusicawards.net

Oscar G. comments: “Anytime I am acknowledged by my hometown it is a true honor. It is no secret that Miami is my home and my favorite place in the world to play. I am nothing but grateful for the support I have received over the years at Space and always look forward anxiously to my next visit. Miami is who I am and I represent it proudly everywhere I go. Oscar G – Made In Miami.â€

For those of you who can’t make it out to one of Oscar G’s world-class live DJ sets, we have good news for you - there are now two great ways to get Oscar’s up-to-the-minute club vibe! Oscar and his Murk partner Ralph Falcon are being broadcast live on BBC Radio One’s ESSENTIAL MIX this Saturday night – their second Essential Mix of 2005. Thanks to a recent deal between the BBC and Sirius Satellite Radio, Murk’s mix will be live on the satellite giant’s airwaves. To listen, point your Sirius receivers to channel 97 – now the new home 24/7 to BBC Radio 1. The mix will air at 1am East Cost time.

Another great way to experience Oscar’s vibe is through his brand new mix CD, Made In Miami, out October 4 on Star 69 Records. Made In Miami features a dynamic pairing of tracks from dance music’s biggest names (Basement Jaxx, Steve Lawler), its hottest young producers (Sammy Peralta & DJ Rooster, Carl Kennedy) and of course a few of Oscar G. and Ralph Falcon’s own classics. Be sure to check out Lawler’s blinding mix of Funky Green Dogs “Reach For Me†and Murk’s “Miami Heat†mix of Lee Coombs’ “Shiver†(BBC Radio One’s Pete Tong has labeled the track one of 2005’s finest.)

When he’s not touring the world, Oscar G. serves as the monthly resident at Miami’s premiere club Space. As one half of Murk, Oscar is busy running two labels – Murk Records and Murk Classics – and continues to deliver as a producer and remixer.