Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FSU vs the 'Canes

Guest Devilicious

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

was UM ever voted #1 party school? FSU was twice.

say what you want about the locals, but its a college town and there are 17,000 females in a 2 mile radius with no shortage of booze or drugs.

btw, our qb played like ass but ill take the win. 8)

Guest pod

say what you want about the locals, but its a college town and there are 17,000 females in a 2 mile radius with no shortage of booze or drugs.

Voted by whom? Some crackpots at the Princeton Review? The party school polls are way inaccurate, they do not cover all factors. I knew something was up when they voted SUNY-Plattsburgh #1 one year. Plattsburgh is a podunk town near the Canadian border, with like 25,000 people. Party pollsters are like GW Bush, they have a tenuous grasp of the realities of the world.

Well, if you wanna split hairs, UM isn't a party school. No parties happen on the UM campus proper. Nighttimes and weekends it is a ghost town. Everyone's either out on the town or in jail from the night before. Just can't compete when five miles away is the cream of American nightlife. I realized this early on, and with the help of the Adobe gods, I struck out on my own to the beach. UM students are frighteningly stupid as a result. Everyone I went to school with was either a promoter, DJ, bartender, or club rat. Graduation rate is low, attrition rate is high.

UM just happens to be in a party metropolis though, with hundreds of thousands of members of your preferred sex.

Those drugs they do up in FSU land? They come off of containerships in the port of Miami. Unless you count the weed, that probably comes from Mexico.

Besides, I wouldn't want to be in the same town that has so many Bushes in it. I'd be liable to get in trouble with the Detail.

It's kind of like female mud wrestling. Even if my favorite girl loses, I still win.

Oh, and by the way, I don't follow football, and I didn't watch the game. My only interest in football is related to the drinking and occasional civil disturbances. Case in point, the one game I did go to last year, they tasered some shmuck near the concession stand. 8)

Guest LeVeL

The Noles had the game won from the first quarter but just like any other game with UM it suddenly becomes a nail-biter.

I am glad that UM choked since we have choked so many times in the past, can you imagine the championships FSU could of won if they would 9of had a decent kicker back in those days.

UM finally got a little piece of their own medicine and this year the luck was not on their side.

Time for the Noles to contest for the Title.

Guest swirlundergrounder

fuck it.

have to loose some time to our sons :-\

If they run the table the whole way through they can still play in a national championship game if and only if, they blow out the rest of their opponents and the other top teams lose 1 game also...But UM will not run the table this year..Sorry Cane's fans...They got 3 tough games against Clemson, Colorado and Virgina Tech.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Oh I forgot another tough gmae against Virginia..The Canes can possibly go 7-4 this season the way they looked last night...

I can give a shit though.. I'm more of a Gators fan if anything. I'm really a Pac-10 man...!!

Guest General

those players need to learn how to catch the football ........goodness! anyway UM played BETTER .....

I think they both played a horrible game :-X but a win still a win ;D

Guest LeVeL

I'm really a Pac-10 man...!!

The Pac-10 is a weak division if you ask me. USC wouldn't go undefeated if they played in the SEC,ACC, or THE BIG TEN.

As far as I am concerned USC doesn't get challenged enough besides the Championship Game against whoever tyhe computers vote for.

Guest tres-b

FSU should be happy w/ the W but not happy about the prospects for the year. Drew Weatherford looks awful.

Too bad for UM. Overall, they are the more talented team and should have won the game. Kyle Wright is the real deal.

Saleen, if you are paying $5 keep shopping. The Orange Bowl will be empty for the rest of the year :P.

Guest JMT

Voted by whom? Some crackpots at the Princeton Review? The party school polls are way inaccurate, they do not cover all factors. I knew something was up when they voted SUNY-Plattsburgh #1 one year. Plattsburgh is a podunk town near the Canadian border, with like 25,000 people. Party pollsters are like GW Bush, they have a tenuous grasp of the realities of the world.

Well, if you wanna split hairs, UM isn't a party school. No parties happen on the UM campus proper. Nighttimes and weekends it is a ghost town. Everyone's either out on the town or in jail from the night before. Just can't compete when five miles away is the cream of American nightlife. I realized this early on, and with the help of the Adobe gods, I struck out on my own to the beach. UM students are frighteningly stupid as a result. Everyone I went to school with was either a promoter, DJ, bartender, or club rat. Graduation rate is low, attrition rate is high.

UM just happens to be in a party metropolis though, with hundreds of thousands of members of your preferred sex.

Those drugs they do up in FSU land? They come off of containerships in the port of Miami. Unless you count the weed, that probably comes from Mexico.

Besides, I wouldn't want to be in the same town that has so many Bushes in it. I'd be liable to get in trouble with the Detail.

It's kind of like female mud wrestling. Even if my favorite girl loses, I still win.

Oh, and by the way, I don't follow football, and I didn't watch the game. My only interest in football is related to the drinking and occasional civil disturbances. Case in point, the one game I did go to last year, they tasered some shmuck near the concession stand. 8)

anyone who saw the game had to notice the ass in the stands. thats 1/1000th of what overruns the town all day and night at places with $3 mixed drinks, at that age venue is secondary. its a society of nothing but 18-21 year olds (majority of which are female). no euro tourists, no crackheads, no trash (well, not many). half of the people you see out in miami you barely want let your shirt sleeve brush against. those camera shots of the crowd say it all. nice to see things havent changed. ;D

Guest Devilicious

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E

Face reality people, UM lost. They deserved to lose.

Good effort though, nice try. Better luck next time.

Guest slamminshaun

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E

Face reality people, UM lost. They deserved to lose.

Good effort though, nice try. Better luck next time.

LOL....You get some tongue for that one...

:P :-* :P :-* :P :-* :P :-* :P :-* :P :-*

Guest pod

So fuckin' what it's a state school? We have way hotter chicks. ;)

We get the hot European and South American imports at UM. When I was a college kid, having a girl that spoke English was a total turn-off.

Guest trancelator

So fuckin' what it's a state school? We have way hotter chicks. ;)

We get the hot European and South American imports at UM. When I was a college kid, having a girl that spoke English was a total turn-off.

Those exist at FSU as well. We're well represented there. All 50 states and all around the world, we got it all.

Guest Devilicious

It is a state school. Public education blows. I know, I am a product of 13 years of it. But that is for another thread. :o

LMAO

Dude that is such an ignorant comment, and I truly can't believe I'm hearing it from you.

First of all, there are many public colleges and universities that offer an overall education far superior to that of UM. Try UNC, UCLA, UVA, the list goes on and on.

Secondly, there's no comparison between the experience you have at a public school to that of a private college. Tens of thousands of kids from all over the country go to public schools. Many live on campus or with roommates nearby, or on our own. It's called COMMUNITY. Our sprawling campus is a home away from home.

I think you are aware of the fact that there are different majors at colleges, correct? And you have also heard that certain programs are better at some schools than others? I went to FSU as a dance major. The program was ranked 2nd in the nation, only next to University of Utah. That wasn't happening.

Personally, I think the total package at FSU blows that of UM out of the water. I can certainly understand that some people may not feel the same. The statement you made was totally false.

Guest pod

Dancing is illegal in Utah. 8)

I'm sure FSU is a good school, but my natural distrust of government anything makes it hard to believe. I wouldn't trust the government to run a fruit stand, much less an institute of higher education.

But like I said, that is for another thread. ;D