Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You must leave your pet to starve...!!!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Pet owners evacuating New Orleans are forced to leave their pets to starve in New Orleans. PETA is sending personel to try to help with the evacuation efforts for animals. So do soe of you anti-PETA peeps on this board think that PETA are still a bunch of terrorists?

ATTENTION: NO ANIMAL GROUPS HAVE BEEN ALLOWED IN TO HELP ANIMALS IN NEW ORLEANS, AND THE PROBLEM IS JUST WORSENING.

MEANWHILE, FEDERAL AUTHORITIES ARE FORCING EVERYONE, INCLUDING ELDERLY RESIDENTS WHO HAVE STAYED IN WATER-LOGGED RESIDENCES FOR 5 DAYS JUST TO SAFEGUARD THEIR BELOVED ANIMALS, TO NOW LEAVE THEM BEHIND TO STARVE. IN SOME CASES, PEOPLE ARE TOLD THAT THEY MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN BRINGING VITAL MEDICINE AND THEIR DOG. THIS IS ILLEGAL. IT HAS TO STOP.

PETA HAS ISSUED A NEWS RELEASE ADVISING THAT ANYONE FORCING A PERSON TO LEAVE AN ANIMAL BEHIND IS ENGAGING IN A CRIME, BUT THAT IS NOT STOPPING FEDERAL EVACUATORS FROM INSISTING THAT ANIMALS BE LEFT TO DIE. PLEASE, IMMEDIATELY CALL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS. LEAVE MESSAGES IN WASHINGTON AND AT THEIR HOME OFFICES AND GET EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO CALL.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-disasterupdate.asp

Guest General

That's just great >:( People have lost everything home, car, job and so on... Now their pet might the only positve thing they were able to save and now they are bieng ask to leave them behind. That's absurd >:(

Guest trancepriest

Pet owners evacuating New Orleans are forced to leave their pets to starve in New Orleans. PETA is sending personel to try to help with the evacuation efforts for animals. So do soe of you anti-PETA peeps on this board think that PETA are still a bunch of terrorists?

ATTENTION: NO ANIMAL GROUPS HAVE BEEN ALLOWED IN TO HELP ANIMALS IN NEW ORLEANS, AND THE PROBLEM IS JUST WORSENING.

MEANWHILE, FEDERAL AUTHORITIES ARE FORCING EVERYONE, INCLUDING ELDERLY RESIDENTS WHO HAVE STAYED IN WATER-LOGGED RESIDENCES FOR 5 DAYS JUST TO SAFEGUARD THEIR BELOVED ANIMALS, TO NOW LEAVE THEM BEHIND TO STARVE. IN SOME CASES, PEOPLE ARE TOLD THAT THEY MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN BRINGING VITAL MEDICINE AND THEIR DOG. THIS IS ILLEGAL. IT HAS TO STOP.

PETA HAS ISSUED A NEWS RELEASE ADVISING THAT ANYONE FORCING A PERSON TO LEAVE AN ANIMAL BEHIND IS ENGAGING IN A CRIME, BUT THAT IS NOT STOPPING FEDERAL EVACUATORS FROM INSISTING THAT ANIMALS BE LEFT TO DIE. PLEASE, IMMEDIATELY CALL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS. LEAVE MESSAGES IN WASHINGTON AND AT THEIR HOME OFFICES AND GET EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO CALL.

http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-disasterupdate.asp

HaHa... only in America... let the damn animals fend for themselves. Sending in people to rescue pets... LMAO. We are fast becoming a country of weaklings... we have no ice water to drink... the kids won't ear MRE's... what the fuck?

Guest swirlundergrounder

That's just great >:( People have lost everything home, car, job and so on... Now their pet might the only positve thing they were able to save and now they are bieng ask to leave them behind. That's absurd >:(

Especially when a lot of peeps stayed behind just to be with their animals

Guest trancepriest

You guys are all fucked up on this one... i've never heard such preposterous ideas.

Let them die with their animals then. Fuck PETA... I may be a liberal... but sending in humans to rescue pets is some stupid ass gay shit. The last thing I would want is to be in the Armed Forces.. given orders to rescue someones damn pet... fuck that shit I'd go psycho... and put a hundred rounds into that cat or dog.... or the stupid fucker telling me to do it.

Guest slamminshaun

You guys are all fucked up on this one... i've never heard such preposterous ideas.

Let them die with their animals then. Fuck PETA... I may be a liberal... but sending in humans to rescue pets is some stupid ass gay shit. The last thing I would want is to be in the Armed Forces.. given orders to rescue someones damn pet... fuck that shit I'd go psycho... and put a hundred rounds into that cat or dog.... or the stupid fucker telling me to do it.

:o

Guest General

Exactly my thoughts

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

FEMA, PETA, who's next ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

No man the armed forces aren't the ones going in to rescue the pets. PETA is sending people to go help get the animals...

Guest JMT

Let them die with their animals then. Fuck PETA... I may be a liberal... but sending in humans to rescue pets is some stupid ass gay shit.

i agree. if there are people who have enough time to look for dogs they should be looking for humans.

Guest ic143

Don't worry Terry, their actually are people there helping pets. The Humane Society of the United States has wrote the following on their website:

09/03/2005

Gaithersburg, Md. Call CenterIs Tracking Reports of Lost Pets; More Than $3.5 Million in Donations for Animal Rescue/Relief Has Poured In

JACKSON, Miss. and WASHINGTON – Late last night, rescuers with The Humane Society of the United States, working with The Humane Society of South Mississippi, picked up 42 cats and 89 dogs in Gulfport, Miss. and drove them to a staging area Jackson, Miss. There they are providing triage medical care and temporary shelter for the animals before arranging to transfer them to animal shelters around the country.

Full story: http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications/press_releases/more_than_130_animals_rescued_last_night_by_hsus_teams_.html

Also, the Northshore Animal Rescue League is onsite doing their part.

FEMA starts to allow groups in to start rescuing animals

North Shore Animal League America veterinarian, Dr. Eve Ognibene, has departed for Jackson, Mississippi where she will await the arrival of animals rescued out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

This is the first group of animals that FEMA has allowed to be transported out of the state by air since Hurricane Katrina hit.

It's not the animals fault their dumbass owners didn't evacuate or make arrangements for them ahead of time. They shouldn't be punished for it...

Guest tres-b

I have a soft spot for animals. However, for one day, and one day only, I have to agree w/ TP.

How can you expect a shelter to house animals when they cant even find room for the people???

If you want to stay with your pet, thats fine, but dont expect a rescue team to come back again.

Guest ic143

They don't expect rescue teams to go back and rescue them. I myself wouldn't even agree with that however, what's wrong with donating to organizations that can go in and save their pets?

Guest slamminshaun

They don't expect rescue teams to go back and rescue them. I myself wouldn't even agree with that however, what's wrong with donating to organizations that can go in and save their pets?

Nothing wrong with it. I would hope that people would be rescued before animals. I mean, if you had $10,000 to spend, would you spend it to save animals or people? I guarantee you that don't have nearly enough money over there yet, so any money PETA brings in, is less money being used to help humans.

It worries me that they're talking about rescuing animals, yet there's still 10,000 humans left in the city.

Guest ic143

They don't expect rescue teams to go back and rescue them. I myself wouldn't even agree with that however' date=' what's wrong with donating to organizations that can go in and save their pets?

[/quote']

Nothing wrong with it. I would hope that people would be rescued before animals. I mean, if you had $10,000 to spend, would you spend it to save animals or people? I guarantee you that don't have nearly enough money over there yet, so any money PETA brings in, is less money being used to help humans.

It worries me that they're talking about rescuing animals, yet there's still 10,000 humans left in the city.

Not every person they take over there is going to be able to help humans so why not rescue animals. Besides, it seems to me that the ones that are left want to stay. So again, why should the animals suffer because their owners are idiots? Don't get me wrong, I think humans should be rescued before animals also but there is only so much people can do for humans and there is only so much they can do for the ones that WANT the help.

Also, who gives anyone the right to tell people where they should donate their money? I realize enough hasn't been done to help the victims of this disaster but I can tell you that it wasn't the animals choice to stay behind and battle a cat 5 storm...

Guest slamminshaun

Also, who gives anyone the right to tell people where they should donate their money?

This is the most intelligent statement I've seen posted on this board in a while. I feel the same way about taxes.

Guest ic143

Also' date=' who gives anyone the right to tell people where they should donate their money?

[/quote']

This is the most intelligent statement I've seen posted on this board in a while. I feel the same way about taxes.

Good argument, what does taxes have to do with donating your money?

Guest slamminshaun

Also, who gives anyone the right to tell people where they should donate their money?

??? I wasn't arguing...I agree with you 100%.

Taxes is when you donate your money to the government and you have no say over where they spend it. So what gives them the right to tax us and not give us a say on what they spend it on, yet nobody seems to care about that. In other words, you brought up a GREAT point, where does it say that Uncle Sam has the RIGHT to tax us????

http://www.givemeliberty.org/RTPLawsuit/Update2005-05-21.htm

This guy walked away Scott-free, because the IRS couldn't prove in a court of law that they had a legal right to tax him....

Guest ic143

Also' date=' who gives anyone the right to tell people where they should donate their money?

[/quote']

??? I wasn't arguing...I agree with you 100%.

Taxes is when you donate your money to the government and you have no say over where they spend it. So what gives them the right to tax us and not give us a say on what they spend it on, yet nobody seems to care about that. In other words, you brought up a GREAT point, where does it say that Uncle Sam has the RIGHT to tax us????

Sorry Shaun...I've got two dogs and two cats so this subject is a little close to my heart. Thought you were being sarcastic. My apologies. :-\

Guest swirlundergrounder

I say fu*k all of you who are against rescuing the animals. When ever we humans need them to comfort or entertain us those animals are there for us in a heart beat. When we're stressed out and having a bad day, they don't complain, they listen to us bitch and whine about our lives etc.. So then when push comes to shove, we just shove them to the side? No wonder mother nature punishes our curelty...

Just go's to show how selfish people (humans) can be...And we're all going to pay for that selfishness someday...

Guest trancepriest

I say fu*k all of you who are against rescuing the animals. When ever we humans need them to comfort or entertain us those animals are there for us in a heart beat. When we're stressed out and having a bad day, they don't complain, they listen to us bitch and whine about our lives etc.. So then when push comes to shove, we just shove them to the side? No wonder mother nature punishes our curelty...

Just go's to show how selfish people (humans) can be...And we're all going to pay for that selfishness someday...

You're right... not having animals for target practice is really a sin. No decent human should be deprived of such pleasures.

Guest slamminshaun

You're right... not having animals for target practice is really a sin. No decent human should be deprived of such pleasures.

You might as well go back to talking about your nuts...