Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Things that have jumped the shark on CJ Maimi

V. Barbarino

As long as Bling is doing his reviews FOR FREE he should have the right to write about whatever party he wants. ::)

I know he doesn't mind doing it, and we should be appreciative of that, because who knows what kind of shmuck we'd have reviewing parties if not.

IMO Bling isn't the one you should be bitching at.

i thought he got paid for it...

well in that case...w/e

but variety is always good

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swank

As long as Bling is doing his reviews FOR FREE he should have the right to write about whatever party he wants. ::)

I know he doesn't mind doing it, and we should be appreciative of that, because who knows what kind of shmuck we'd have reviewing parties if not.

i thought he got paid for it...

well in that case...w/e

but variety is always good

limos...bottles...and hoes! ;D

Guest ramon

thanks T I for one have never bitched about that fact i knew that coming into my writing for cj as to the deal.

I love to write plain and simple and i love music. cj has given me the opportunity to write and ive taken the ball and ran with it....

if this thread has proven one thing though is the necessity for a second club reviewer at the very least.

ramon would be a great reviewer as well IMHO he knows his shit

i'd do it but its kinda hard since i do own my parties, but i'd be intrested in talking about it atleast. ramon at click beep boom dot com

Guest coach

Yeah, it is kind of ridiculous to expect Bling, or anyone, to review parties/clubs that they don't like. I mean, if you walk in a club and are having a bad time, seems like you are going to leave rather than stay for 6 hours just so you can write how much you hate it. Actually, it seems even sillier to purposefully go to a club or to see a DJ that you *know* you won't like just so you can write a review about some place different. Who would do that? So, basically, you get all positive reviews about the limited number of places that the reviewers like.

Now, if the clubs did like the movies do and actually *seek* publicity by inviting reviewers/media for certain events, then it might be different. I sometimes post negative movie reviews because I have been invited to a sneak peek and have committed to do so. But if I were just picking the movies to review myself, then of course I would not go to one that I knew I would dislike.

In short, I agree with the suggestions for additional reviewers.

Guest Devilicious

Yage saturdays have been doing very well and the music is pretty damn good when I've been there, but its crowd and the metropolis crowd are kind of the same so don't know how the opening affected them this week? Anybody go this saturday?

Was there on Sat and the place was packed to the rims, if the crowd is the same as the Metropolis crowd then I think someone forgot to inform them that Metropolis was open.

LOL! Ya damn right Lee! It was PACKED!!

Indeed...... I bartend there and our Saturdays have not been struggling as of yet! I hope it continues. My offer stands as always, any CJ member to introduce him/herself will have a shot on me! You can find me at the outside tiki bar (I'm the blonde, not Latin girl so please don't speak Spanish to me!)

Guest armaniP

Yeah, it is kind of ridiculous to expect Bling, or anyone, to review parties/clubs that they don't like. I mean, if you walk in a club and are having a bad time, seems like you are going to leave rather than stay for 6 hours just so you can write how much you hate it. Actually, it seems even sillier to purposefully go to a club or to see a DJ that you *know* you won't like just so you can write a review about some place different. Who would do that? So, basically, you get all positive reviews about the limited number of places that the reviewers like.

Now, if the clubs did like the movies do and actually *seek* publicity by inviting reviewers/media for certain events, then it might be different. I sometimes post negative movie reviews because I have been invited to a sneak peek and have committed to do so. But if I were just picking the movies to review myself, then of course I would not go to one that I knew I would dislike.

In short, I agree with the suggestions for additional reviewers.

Very proper post.. stay tuned. I have reviews from Miami Herald, spanish Herald and Ocean Drive [in english] on the way... i pitty the fools.

Guest Funketeer

Hey, I never said I don't like blue or what they do over there. I think it's a great party and operation, but my thread was to point out that there was a disproportionate amout of blue reviews vs the rest of miami consider how tiny blue is..

Blue is perhaps small in size but some of the best parties are happening there at this point, while you and your fake'os nerd squad are standing like caged monkeys on cheesy seudo vip areas, sweating your balls only to look important on your cheesy walmart designer imposter shirts...you are out of touch...premature senility has got you on the run...you might be whatever you claim to be but one thing you are not is cool, therefore you couldn't possibly have the authority to define what is or not, making this thread completely obsolete and correct only to the few losers that don't know better, you are the blind leading the blind...it's the truth.

Guest armaniP

Hey, I never said I don't like blue or what they do over there. I think it's a great party and operation, but my thread was to point out that there was a disproportionate amout of blue reviews vs the rest of miami consider how tiny blue is..

Blue is perhaps small in size but some of the best parties are happening there at this point, while you and your fake'os nerd squad are standing like caged monkeys on cheesy seudo vip areas, sweating your balls only to look important on your cheesy walmart designer imposter shirts...you are out of touch...premature senility has got you on the run...you might be whatever you claim to be but one thing you are not is cool, therefore you couldn't possibly have the authority to define what is or not, making this thread completely obsolete and correct only to the few losers that don't know better, you are the blind leading the blind...it's the truth.

u r talented with your words lol..

i feel u on this tho, Blue certainly has LOCAL CELEBRITIES tearing shit up lately. I must visit soon. anyone got a list? hehe

Guest aquabooty1078

BULLSEYE!!! ;D

Yage saturdays have been doing very well and the music is pretty damn good when I've been there, but its crowd and the metropolis crowd are kind of the same so don't know how the opening affected them this week? Anybody go this saturday?

Was there on Sat and the place was packed to the rims, if the crowd is the same as the Metropolis crowd then I think someone forgot to inform them that Metropolis was open.

Indeed...... I bartend there and our Saturdays have not been struggling as of yet! I hope it continues. My offer stands as always, any CJ member to introduce him/herself will have a shot on me! You can find me at the outside tiki bar (I'm the blonde, not Latin girl so please don't speak Spanish to me!)

i was there friday and it was dead, but i have been there when its packed... i like it, place has serious potential

Guest Devilicious

i was there friday and it was dead, but i have been there when its packed... i like it, place has serious potential

I don't work on Fridays...... the promoters are horrible and they need to be fired. Come on Saturdays though, you'll be pleasantly surprised! :)

Guest Spankmeister

7. Crazy C speaking on behalf of her boyfriend posts, can this guy type? Who wears the pants in this relationship?

LOL...well, honestly, that did make me laugh...Carisa brought this post up and I had to read it for myself...

True, I have been in South Florida for 6 days and perhaps if I didn't actually GO OUT this weekend instead of, um, what was it, getting drunk and watching football then I would have more time to post...but the process of a new job, new city, moving all my 'stuff' and silly me, forgetting my wireless router so I can get online from my laptop while Carisa gets on her computer have not left me much time to get on CJ...

*sigh*

About the whole relationship and pants comment...

Neither of us have been wearing pants of late (or anything else for that matter ;D ;D )

Guest Devilicious
Come on Saturdays though, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

is this offer open to all? if so, i found my new place to hang on saturday... :P

Absolutely! First shot on me. PM me if you decide to come! :)

Guest Electric Eel

7. Crazy C speaking on behalf of her boyfriend posts, can this guy type? Who wears the pants in this relationship?

LOL...well, honestly, that did make me laugh...Carisa brought this post up and I had to read it for myself...

True, I have been in South Florida for 6 days and perhaps if I didn't actually GO OUT this weekend instead of, um, what was it, getting drunk and watching football then I would have more time to post...but the process of a new job, new city, moving all my 'stuff' and silly me, forgetting my wireless router so I can get online from my laptop while Carisa gets on her computer have not left me much time to get on CJ...

*sigh*

About the whole relationship and pants comment...

Neither of us have been wearing pants of late (or anything else for that matter ;D ;D )

LOL

good one Darren

Guest klit

Good to hear saturday went well this weekend. Knew a lot of people that normally go there that were heading to metropolis thats why I asked how it was this saturday? It's a fun party on saturdays outside, good music, nice crowd, friendly staff, the dancers on the bar are a plus. I'll say hi next time I'm there, pretty sure have ordered drinks from you if you work on the outside part.

Guest klit

I've heard more about roland from this one saturday party and at nikkis then I've heard about him since starting at nocturnal. Maybe I'm right to assume he plays better when he doesn't have to follow aquabooty.

You must have some kind of retarded hidden agenda against Aquabooty or a general lack of brain power to have missed the countless threads praising the Local Celebrity party. Roland's sound at Nocturnal is spot on and he follows Aquabooty perfectly. I'm a huge Aquabooty fan as well as a Roland fan. The flow of music from Friday nights through Saturday mornings is perfect... But don't just take my word for it. Go see the hundreds of happy smiling faces on Nocturnal's Rooftop on any Saturday morning.

I go to the local celeb party every couple of weeks. The flow of music is perfect and the party is a fun party. What I was commenting about was just that I personally prefer when roland plays outside of the aquabooty events cause his sets start off with more energy and are more in the style that I like. No agenda with aquabooty, just not a fan of that style of music.