Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Before you believe the global warming hype...

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Putting 100MW of energy into the atmosphere is hardly going to cause a hurricane.

Again I said (just a tad), no mention of causing hurricanes.

I say it's Aliens!!!!

:P

I say its you and that hot ass of yours causing the oceans to warm up....

Guest LdySphynx

Putting 100MW of energy into the atmosphere is hardly going to cause a hurricane.

Again I said (just a tad)' date=' no mention of causing hurricanes.

I say it's Aliens!!!!

[/quote']

I say its you and that hot ass of yours causing the oceans to warm up....

Oh good god, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

LMMFAO!!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I do not believe 'global warming' as they call it is a man made phenomenon....

I believe it is a normal part of our planet's climate algorithm. The planet has been heating and cooling for eons.

So global warming wheater it's natural or man made is real. Some people don't even think it's happening either way...!

Well' date=' if its natural then why would we want to interfere?

[/quote']So we won't all die??

Ok, I'll add global warming to my list of 10,000,000 other things that kill you that you can do nothing about.....so what do you propose, Terry? Build a huge cork and stuff it into Mount St. Helens in the name of saving humanity?

Here's a statistic that you need to know that was devised and calculated by cosmologist Stephen Hawking (For those of you who may not know who he is, Hawking holds the chair at Cambridge University that was once the position of Sir Issac Newton). In Hawking's book called the 'Universe In A Nutshell'. In his book he illustrates and formulates various phenomenon that happen throughout the Universe and here on Earth.

One of the scary calculations that he did in the book was regards to the human population here on Earth, what it was thousands of years ago, the population boom that happened between 1900 and 2000. He states that if the human population continues to exponentially increase the way it has over the course of the last century, in 600 years we will be standing shoulder to shoulder on whatever ground we can stand on here on Earth...!!

That's pretty scary. Now think about how much trash a person generates everyday? Think about how much fuel we consume everyday? Think about how much pollution we generate everyday.

Do you really think that the Earth is going to be able to handle our waste? What about the world that our childrens., children will have to live in if we keep up what we're doing? Do you think that there's other places besides our world where we can actually live and thrive in? Think about that?

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't try to change the way we consume and pollute the Earth the way we do...

I'll admit. I drive a car, I use gas. But I don't waste it. I can go out and drive a Hummer and not need the room but I don't. I don't use chemicals in my home to clean it that go back into the water. I use all natural products in my home and as little dangerous chemicals possible...I recycle..I try my best to do my part and not be wasteful...

i think there will population controls put in place long before that theory ever happens. plus, if that bird flu ever breaks out it will knock us back a few centuries at least.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i think there will population controls put in place long before that theory ever happens. plus, if that bird flu ever breaks out it will knock us back a few centuries at least.

Oh yeah that bird flu is looking scary!!

I say it's Aliens!!!!

I agree

alien.gif

Guest slamminshaun

I say it's Aliens!!!!

I agree

alien.gif

Is that James Carville?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Again I said (just a tad)' date=' no mention of causing hurricanes.

I say it's Aliens!!!!

[/quote']

I agree

alien.gif

Is that James Carville?

I thinl that the 'Grays' are actually peoples own cats that they see when they are half asleep and their cats are sniffing them. This happened to me with my cat one night a few years ago. When a cat pulls it ears back to sniff you they look a lot like the 'Grays' do, especially when your vision is blurry when half asleep....Thats my theory anyways

I say it's Aliens!!!!

I agree

alien.gif

Is that James Carville?

I thinl that the 'Grays' are actually peoples own cats that they see when they are half asleep and their cats are sniffing them. This happened to me with my cat one night a few years ago. When a cat pulls it ears back to sniff you they look a lot like the 'Grays' do, especially when your vision is blurry when half asleep....Thats my theory anyways

either that or an Alien probed you in your sleep LOL

Guest mp3some

I do not believe 'global warming' as they call it is a man made phenomenon....

I believe it is a normal part of our planet's climate algorithm. The planet has been heating and cooling for eons.

So global warming wheater it's natural or man made is real. Some people don't even think it's happening either way...!

Well, if its natural then why would we want to interfere?

So we won't all die??

Ok, I'll add global warming to my list of 10,000,000 other things that kill you that you can do nothing about.....so what do you propose, Terry? Build a huge cork and stuff it into Mount St. Helens in the name of saving humanity?

Here's a statistic that you need to know that was devised and calculated by cosmologist Stephen Hawking (For those of you who may not know who he is, Hawking holds the chair at Cambridge University that was once the position of Sir Issac Newton). In Hawking's book called the 'Universe In A Nutshell'. In his book he illustrates and formulates various phenomenon that happen throughout the Universe and here on Earth.

One of the scary calculations that he did in the book was regards to the human population here on Earth, what it was thousands of years ago, the population boom that happened between 1900 and 2000. He states that if the human population continues to exponentially increase the way it has over the course of the last century, in 600 years we will be standing shoulder to shoulder on whatever ground we can stand on here on Earth...!!

That's pretty scary. Now think about how much trash a person generates everyday? Think about how much fuel we consume everyday? Think about how much pollution we generate everyday.

Do you really think that the Earth is going to be able to handle our waste? What about the world that our childrens., children will have to live in if we keep up what we're doing? Do you think that there's other places besides our world where we can actually live and thrive in? Think about that?

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't try to change the way we consume and pollute the Earth the way we do...

I'll admit. I drive a car, I use gas. But I don't waste it. I can go out and drive a Hummer and not need the room but I don't. I don't use chemicals in my home to clean it that go back into the water. I use all natural products in my home and as little dangerous chemicals possible...I recycle..I try my best to do my part and not be wasteful...

^Most intelligent post in the entire thread. Hands down. :)

The media and the timeliness of such natural disasters opens room for many questions and raises topics for discussion. Not once in the media have i heard a meteorologist blame global warming alone for the magnitude of the storms. The main reason is the natural cycle of storms in the planet and global warming is presumably a factor that has not been directly linked.

Everything in life is a matter of Balance.

We need to wake up and face the facts.

The population IS increasing at an exponential rate. It is very hard to control, and that is just another topic but, we are living in a planet of limited non-renewable resources.

Some of you cant see past the problems we face today, as the short-term effects wont severely affect the way you live during your lifetime. Keep in mind we barely have a century or 2 of a real industrial civilization.

The more people we have, the more we consume. We consume food, water, energy. More farming, more fuel burning, more garbage more waste. The equation is very simple.

Now what can we do about it? It all seems overwhelming, BUT;

We can chose to ignore the problem, keep driving hummers, having plenty of children, keep depleting our non renewable resources, reversing environmetal standards and just contribute to the problem; OR we can be conscious about it, get informed and become socially and moraly responsible to contribute your tiny grain of sand to the solution. You may think it doesnt really add on to much, but the fact of matter is it does.

Doing the simple things Terry mentioned can significantly turn things around on the micro level.

Now, the issues and problems of the use of resources and environmental deterioration can be most effectively addressed through political action ---when large groups of people decide that things are going in the wrong direction and use the political system to change that direction.

Mind you, The real most precious commodity on the earth is not going to be oil for fuel, its going to be Water

And it will be sooner than you think. :-X

.- 8)

(PS: Pls check out the link on my sig.)