Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Secret Societies .....

Guest mursa

Guest jamu

...the first major secret society was the "crusaders of prion" ( i just forgot the name ) ,during the 1000-1300 or so , until they were dismantled by the pope ..... then the survivers suposedly fled to Scotland became the FreeMasons .......... from their on came to the Us in the late 1700's .

blah blah thats the story in a nutshell as i understood .

Unfortunately this article is incorrect. The oldest Secret Society is the Free Masonic order.

Guest mursa

...the first major secret society was the "crusaders of prion" ( i just forgot the name ) ,during the 1000-1300 or so , until they were dismantled by the pope ..... then the survivers suposedly fled to Scotland became the FreeMasons .......... from their on came to the Us in the late 1700's .

blah blah thats the story in a nutshell as i understood .

Unfortunately this article is incorrect. The oldest Secret Society is the Free Masonic order.

..As far as i understood the first where during the crusade times ( im not sure of the name , but the PRION is what comes to mind)..they were considered Guardians of the Faith etc....they were then abolished by the pope..Clement the 5th i believe ,since they were charged with corruption .

...the surviving members fled to Britania ...and then with time founded the FreeMasons .

i'll do some research later on , just to be sure .

Guest mursa

The Origin of Freemasonry: The Crusaders & Templars

- The common perception of the majority of historians of Freemasonry is that the origin of the organization goes back to the Crusades. In fact, though Masonry was only officially established and recognized in England in the early eighteenth century, the roots of the organization do reach back to the Crusades in the twelfth century. At the center of this familiar tale is an order of crusaders called the Knights Templar or the Templars. ;)

http://illuminati-news.com/secret-societies.htm

Guest jamu

That link is only partially correct.

"This analysis is primarily based on the French Rule (OF Rule) as translated into English by J. M. Upton-Ward. This amazing set of military regulations describes the responsibilities of the Order¹s members in wartime and in peace. It evolved from the original "Primitive Rule" created by the Council of Troyes in 1129 over the entire 180-year history of the Order until its suppression by King Philip the Fair in the early 1300¹s. "

However there is still evidence of the masonic organization well before this during the time and speculation of the movement of the order well into the time of the Egyptians.

"Our records inform us, that the usages and customs of Masons have ever corresponded with those of the Egyptian philosophers, to which they bear a near affinity. Unwilling to expose their mysteries to vulgar eyes, they concealed their particular tenets, and principles of polity, under hieroglyphical figures; and expressed their notions of government by signs and symbols, which they communicated to their Magi alone, who were bound by oath not to reveal them"

(Thomas Smith Webb, PGM, The Freemason's Monitor Cincinnati: The Pettibone Bros., 1797, p.39)

Guest mursa

..we both agree that Secret Societies goes further down in history than we thought . (Davinci code kinda comes to mind aswell )

..i even saw old depictions of tribal Celtic Secrety Societies .