Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is going to be the next top DJ in the world?

Guest Alvaro22

Guest Alvaro22

For the past three years in a row Tiesto has been considered the # 1 dj in the world, but with lackluster albums like In search of sunrise 4 and average pefromances this year in miami, one has to ask themselves if anyone else has had a better year? PAUL VAN DYK has had amazing pefomances in clubs,concerts; and his new politics of dancing album is one of his best, actually better than the first in my opinion. Basically what I am trying to get at is does anyone think that other DJ's have stepped up this year to take away the reign or is TIESTO still # 1. Maybe FERRY , or AVB or even DEEPDISH deserve to be #1. I would like to know what the consensus is in for miami at least.

ps. If you want to party this SATURDAY at SPACE for LIGHTS OUT let me know by e-mailing and I will give you VIP admission before 12!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Devilicious

I love House too, but I have rarely seen a HOUSE DJ peform infront of thousands of people liek tiesto,PVD or AVB!

Ever heard of Morillo? Fanciulli? Sander K? This little place called Ibiza? There are PLENTY of house (and techno for that matter) DJs that perform for huge audiences.

Guest Fez

I love House too, but I have rarely seen a HOUSE DJ peform infront of thousands of people liek tiesto,PVD or AVB!

Ever heard of Morillo? Fanciulli? Sander K? This little place called Ibiza? There are PLENTY of house (and techno for that matter) DJs that perform for huge audiences.

Morillo will be the Next #1

Fanciulli isn't even top 100 yet...even tho he rawks

Guest the light

I think Deep Dish should get the top spot. They closed Dance Valley this year, an honor usually reserved for trance superstars such as Tiesto and Ferry Corsten. Plus, neither Tiestos performances nor Ferrys have impressed me much this year. Last time I was impressed by Tiesto was in 2002.

Deep Dish came out with the new album, and their performances never fail to impress. My favorite Djs right now are probably

1. Deep Dish

2. Desyn Masiello

3. Eric Morillo

4. James Zabiela

5. Danny Howells

honorable Mention: Steve Lawler

Guest musicalmissionary

And since when was size-of-audience a sign of true quality? It's more a sign of what's more mainstream. Mainstream and quality usually don't go together. Besides the entire concept behind "#1 DJ" is as retarded as "#1 restaurant".... if Tiesto has been the #1 dj in the world, then I guess McDonald's has been the #1 restaurant. :-\

Guest durrtylexx

I think Deep Dish should get the top spot. They closed Dance Valley this year, an honor usually reserved for trance superstars such as Tiesto and Ferry Corsten. Plus, neither Tiestos performances nor Ferrys have impressed me much this year. Last time I was impressed by Tiesto was in 2002.

Deep Dish came out with the new album, and their performances never fail to impress. My favorite Djs right now are probably

1. Deep Dish

2. Desyn Masiello

3. Eric Morillo

4. James Zabiela

5. Danny Howells

honorable Mention: Steve Lawler

IMHO George is on, SUCKED!

What a waste of money...

Guest HouseJunkie

i vote for someone other than a trance dj :)

Where did you vote?

I would love to see Deep Dish become # 1 but without changing their signature style to please the masses.

Guest the light

It's okay. I like their Dj albums much better, ,but most of the songs on the album are pretty good. Still, I rate them based on their ability to rock a dance floor, not on how good their studio album is...

Guest pod

Who gives a shit?

You like who you like.

Everyone really has to get off the whole DJ/music obession tip. You're forgetting the whole purpose of going out to a nightclub is to get drunk and have a good time.

Now if you were arguing about something quantitative, like sound system performance or something, I could see, but arguing over which DJ is better is useless after a certain point.

Guest Devilicious

Morillo will be the Next #1

Fanciulli isn't even top 100 yet...even tho he rawks

Morillo's a great performer, not the best DJ...

My observation is just that many non-trance DJs play for huge audiences... Fanciulli came to mind b/c of playing the Space Ibiza closing party. Also think about all the huge festivals and clubs in Britain, Germany, Spain, Thailand, Hong Kong, South America.... there's much more out there

Guest pod

And I'm sure they don't care if they are #1 or not. They're doing what they love and getting a decent paycheck for it. Plus free booze.

Guest mp3some

And I'm sure they don't care if they are #1 or not. They're doing what they love and getting a decent paycheck for it. Plus free booze.

And Chicks! ;D LOL

.- 8)

Guest swank

Who gives a shit?

You like who you like.

Everyone really has to get off the whole DJ/music obession tip. You're forgetting the whole purpose of going out to a nightclub is to get drunk and have a good time.

Now if you were arguing about something quantitative, like sound system performance or something, I could see, but arguing over which DJ is better is useless after a certain point.

POD's right...DJ's are not rockstars (like the t-shirt says) we are forgetting about the rest of the puzzle. If I go to hear a certain type of music and the area the club is in,the doorman, the bartender, the coatcheck girl, the valet, the group of cavemen terrorising the girls SUCK.

then who cares who's spinning..too much attention, don't get me wrong...they do play a big part but the host plays a big part and so does the environment.

my $0.02 ;D

Guest the light

I don't give a shit who the top Dj is. i'm just contributing to the thread, putting my two cents in. Nobody's arguing. everyone has an opinion. what's the purpose of these boards if you can't have a pointless discussion on who should receive Top Dj of the year...

it's as useless as most of the topics posted on these boards anyway...

Guest Cosmigonon

And since when was size-of-audience a sign of true quality? It's more a sign of what's more mainstream. Mainstream and quality usually don't go together. Besides the entire concept behind "#1 DJ" is as retarded as "#1 restaurant".... if Tiesto has been the #1 dj in the world, then I guess McDonald's has been the #1 restaurant. :-\

Couldn't have said it better.

Guest pod

Don't get me wrong, music is important, but only up to a certain point. I'm not seriously picky. If you can mix and not play the same ten tracks everyone else is, I'm pretty much happy.

Guest AlanS

Deep Dish established themselves nearly 10 years ago with timeless productions, something will last much longer than any ranking in any poll.

Guest the light

I get that completely. In my situation it's different, because I live in PR, and while the nightlife is good here, we don't have the superclubs or the big festivals you guys have. We rely more on events put together whenever a top Dj comes to town.

I travel whenever I can to the big parties around the world, so if I'm making the trip, might as well do it to see a great DJ, not some local jock who can mix a little.

Case in point, I'm flying to Buenos Aires tomorrow for South American Music Conference. A bit too much trance and techno for my taste in the lineup, but it's a huge party. I'm not that picky...

Guest rhythmburn

Deep Dish established themselves nearly 10 years ago with timeless productions, something will last much longer than any ranking in any poll.

agreed -- but I prefer those older cuts to their newer stuff...