Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is going to be the next top DJ in the world?

Guest Alvaro22

Guest Fez

Gaby "Knock U Out the Booth" Fain is the next big thing coming. And if you dont like it' date=' he'll knock you out :P

[/quote']

is he French?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Gaby "Knock U Out the Booth" Fain is the next big thing coming. And if you dont like it' date=' he'll knock you out :P

[/quote']

hahaha!

Guest LiquidX

I think its time for Paul van Dyk to take the throne. He's been doing excellent sets. So yeah.. I think its he's time now. After that, Id have to wait a year and see.

Guest ClubDiva05

I think its time for Paul van Dyk to take the throne. He's been doing excellent sets. So yeah.. I think its he's time now. After that, Id have to wait a year and see.

Yeah honestly I think PVD deserves it. Even though I'm not a big trance fan he is the best!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

whoever has the best marketing team wins....

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. In the immortal words of Max Graham, "it's all about marketing." There are tons of local DJs in cities all around America who are just as good, if not better, than the guys who tour internationally. The difference is marketing.

I was discussing this issue with somebody else, and while this type of top 10 may be irrelevant to us here in Miami, I can see the relevance of it in a small city as my hometown of Panamá.

While we have our hardcore music lovers, there's s a large part of the people in the scene that go go parties more to have a good time, than to pya attention to the DJ's and to them, this is an indicative of maybe how good a dj is. So a good half of the crowd will go only to certain parties, mainly when big dj's come into town, and if they know that this or that dj is #2 o #3, you can be sure, that party is gonna be packed, and every body and their mother will be there, so is like a chain reaction.

You may not like Tiesto, but that particular night there's just not gonna be anything better in town, and pretty much all of your friends and girls are gonna be there, so you'll end up going. So in the end, promoters will take a serious look at this poll, cause it'll determine in a certain way, next bookings...

Guest spacecadet

I think Deep Dish should get the top spot. They closed Dance Valley this year, an honor usually reserved for trance superstars such as Tiesto and Ferry Corsten. Plus, neither Tiestos performances nor Ferrys have impressed me much this year. Last time I was impressed by Tiesto was in 2002.

Deep Dish came out with the new album, and their performances never fail to impress. My favorite Djs right now are probably

1. Deep Dish

2. Desyn Masiello

3. Eric Morillo

4. James Zabiela

5. Danny Howells

honorable Mention: Steve Lawler

IMHO George is on, SUCKED!

What a waste of money...

couldnt agree more the 2nd cd with the remixes is better than there album :P

Guest Alvaro22

worst thread ever.

Thanks for your insightfulnes! next thread will the discuss the affects of global warming on climat change PAPA!

Guest Satan

i was thinking maybe i could be the worlds best dj this year,or maybe alki!

then again,im not a really a dj, im tone deaf,i have poor taste in music and can barely walk upright.

at least alki spins at one BPM.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

worst thread ever.

Thanks for your insightfulnes! next thread will the discuss the affects of global warming on climat change PAPA!

haha

Guest Cosmigonon

worst thread ever.

LOL!

Guest ClubDiva05

i was thinking maybe i could be the worlds best dj this year,or maybe alki!

then again,im not a really a dj, im tone deaf,i have poor taste in music and can barely walk upright.

at least alki spins at one BPM.

LMFAO

Guest JMT

And since when was size-of-audience a sign of true quality? It's more a sign of what's more mainstream. Mainstream and quality usually don't go together.

ever heard of a guy called elvis? the beatles? led zepplin? how about a little album titled "dark side of the moon"?

And since when was size-of-audience a sign of true quality? It's more a sign of what's more mainstream. Mainstream and quality usually don't go together. Besides the entire concept behind "#1 DJ" is as retarded as "#1 restaurant".... if Tiesto has been the #1 dj in the world, then I guess McDonald's has been the #1 restaurant. :-\

worst thread ever.

Actually, global warming may not be a such a bad topic for discussion. Since, it's causing the earth all kinds of problems, but noone seems to really hack the concept or pay attention to it .... ;)

as far as the best dj, hm......

hard to say.. really..

I mean just not long ago, Olkenfold was all over the place.. now Tiesto ..

I think, it much depends on the size of the production too.. what someone mentioned earlier, when something becomes commercial (or easy to sell) .. it becomes most popular..

on second thought, precedence in this case is chosen by the fans .. so if someone has made it to #1, I guess they belong there...

nevertheless, it is interesting to see who will steal the spot light from Tiesto ;)

Guest slamminshaun

I thought the title of this thread was "who is going to be....", not "who would you like to see...."

I mean c'mon....Jask? King Britt? James Zabiella? LMAO!! Yeah, ok. I love those guys too, but most of the civilized world has no idea who they are.

PVD, Tiesto, AVB, Oakie, Deep Dish, Ferry....will always rule the top 10 regardless of your taste in music. This year I would expect PVD to take the top spot. Just my forecast.