Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is going to be the next top DJ in the world?

Guest Alvaro22

Guest pod

That's a good perspective. Outside of the major clubbing cities, the best you can rely on is an event that is put together for a big guest DJ. The clubs outside of the major clubbing zones are just sub-par in comparison. So in the smaller markets, the music can matter more actually.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HouseJunkie

Who gives a shit?

You like who you like.

Everyone really has to get off the whole DJ/music obession tip. You're forgetting the whole purpose of going out to a nightclub is to get drunk and have a good time.

Now if you were arguing about something quantitative, like sound system performance or something, I could see, but arguing over which DJ is better is useless after a certain point.

Pod, we going to start a poll and disscusion; "Who's the best moderator and why". ;)

Guest Alvaro22

Well everybody had a good point view, and yes we can't take the subject to seriously because nobody can change who we think is our favorite DJ, but the way I look at it is that some DJ's have an ability to affect a great variety of fans all over the world more than others. You see in my opinion HOUSE is very SEXY, DIRTY, AND FUNkY. But when it comes to Being EPIC=GRAND you gotta go trance. So that is why I think trance appeals more universally. Now that will probably start another thread, but once again the point is if you are voted # 1 you gotta be loved by somebody!

Guest jamu

I would love to see a house guy be #1.

My vote would go to the home town crowd first;

1. Murk

Then

2. Palash

3. Sander K

4. Eric Morillo

5. Desyn Masiello

I am happy to see trance doing well in the rest of the world. But I love house. I hope to see a house guy win sometime in the near future. And these guys have some great damn music. :)

Just an opinion.

Guest Alvaro22

OH and NO SUBJECT IS TO pointless to discuss its just something fun to talk about while you wait for the WEEKEND TO BEGIN! ;) Lets try not to get so high and mighty!

Guest nova

i vote for someone other than a trance dj :)

just to clarify, I have nothing against trance.

damn... I for once would like to see a house dj on the top... =/

Guest dj_release

the closer a DJ gets to being #1 the crappier the music gets... so IMO I'd like to see my favorite DJs stay out of that stupid poll, in which I still vote though LOL

Guest nova

the closer a DJ gets to being #1 the crappier the music gets... so IMO I'd like to see my favorite DJs stay out of that stupid poll, in which I still vote though LOL

hey, its your way of seeing it... =D totally respect it... but I dont agree with you.

Guest Cosmigonon

LOL!! ;D

Guest vegasguy25

whoever has the best marketing team wins....

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. In the immortal words of Max Graham, "it's all about marketing." There are tons of local DJs in cities all around America who are just as good, if not better, than the guys who tour internationally. The difference is marketing.

For the past three years in a row Tiesto has been considered the # 1 dj in the world, but with lackluster albums like In search of sunrise 4 and average pefromances this year in miami, one has to ask themselves if anyone else has had a better year? PAUL VAN DYK has had amazing pefomances in clubs,concerts; and his new politics of dancing album is one of his best, actually better than the first in my opinion. Basically what I am trying to get at is does anyone think that other DJ's have stepped up this year to take away the reign or is TIESTO still # 1. Maybe FERRY , or AVB or even DEEPDISH deserve to be #1. I would like to know what the consensus is in for miami at least.

ps. If you want to party this SATURDAY at SPACE for LIGHTS OUT let me know by e-mailing and I will give you VIP admission before 12!

for me=ive given up on that ranking thing, its about good music..

personally the best djs ive seen this yr

in no order

1. fanciulli

2. johnny fiasco

3. dj heather

4. troydon

5. king britt

6. jask

7. blank and jones

ill think of some more