Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So You Still Think Bush Lied....

Guest slamminshaun

Guest Spankmeister
Sad, Sad, Sad....Liberals, Conservatives...neither are innocent...but with all this fighting, the only ones that lose is the American People.

every day i agree more with that notion.

A little off topic, but did you see the article in the Sunday Sun about the real 'Big Lebowski'????

I read it and thought of you with your sig...:)

\end hijack

no, what was it about?? i havent had a chance to read a full paper since before the hurricane. i will have to go see if its still on their website.

WE might still have the actual paper...it is about the guy that the Big Lebowski movie is based on...he really goes by 'Dude' and is a producer in Hollywood....The Cohen Bros met him when they were doing Blood Simple and the whole bowling thing was based on a idea that the guy had about doing a party in the midwest at a bowling alley....a great article...let me see if we still have it...I will check tonight.

Guest JMT
Sad, Sad, Sad....Liberals, Conservatives...neither are innocent...but with all this fighting, the only ones that lose is the American People.

A little off topic, but did you see the article in the Sunday Sun about the real 'Big Lebowski'????

\end hijack

no, what was it about?? i havent had a chance to read a full paper since before the hurricane. i will have to go see if its still on their website.

WE might still have the actual paper...it is about the guy that the Big Lebowski movie is based on...he really goes by 'Dude' and is a producer in Hollywood....The Cohen Bros met him when they were doing Blood Simple and the whole bowling thing was based on a idea that the guy had about doing a party in the midwest at a bowling alley....a great article...let me see if we still have it...I will check tonight.

ok, they still have on their website. thanks.

by coincidence a friend of mine just sent me this link the other day. pretty funny: http://www.lebowskifest.com/fests.asp

Guest Spankmeister

\end hijack

ok, they still have on their website. thanks.

by coincidence a friend of mine just sent me this link the other day. pretty funny: http://www.lebowskifest.com/fests.asp

Don't pay for it yet...;)...

Guest slamminshaun

There's still room for you over here in the Libertarian camp... 8)

Guest teabag

The sad thing is that we are judged by the whole world right now....nobody out there cares about liberals or conservatives, in the eyes of most countries the pre-emptive war approach is an abobination of international law, it actually goes against our foundation as a republic cemented on freedom and democracy..... to the outside world America looks, acts, and abuses like a conquering giant. Remember when we were taught about check and balances back in middle school, congress checks on the President and the supreme court on each other and vice versa..... tell me where are the checks and balances.... is a sad time man...Shaun is not Clinton's watch or Kerry's or anybody but George W. Bush, he is the commander in chief; whatever the other people said is not really that important, simply because they are not in the white house...the rest are not important, Bush has to decide what is best for us and he hasn't done it.... to the contrary people hate us more now than ever.

Invasion is always the wrong approach...even worse when is almost unillateral and against the united nations recomendations...is wrong...just because we can doesn't mean is right.....2000 soldiers are dead and there is no sense of security over there ...how many innocent civilians are dead over there? do the people want us there? those are the questions we must ask ourselves..I believe Bush's religious base is almost as fanatical as the people our soldiers are fighting...while one chooses to blow himself or use politics is all going to the same means: destruction.

By the way I am a registered Republican...but above all I have common sense and I am human.

Bush Lied , People Died

and they still dying, lots n lots of them...the numbers we see on tv r a joke, its at least double the fatalities...it will never end, middle easterns know their land way too well...

what is "at least double"? unless you have been there no one here can say.

have a friend n friend's friend of mine just got back from iraq not too long ago...ask anyone that is in the army and is or was serving and they will tell you str8 up

Guest JMT

Bush Lied , People Died

and they still dying, lots n lots of them...the numbers we see on tv r a joke, its at least double the fatalities...it will never end, middle easterns know their land way too well...

have a friend n friend's friend of mine just got back from iraq not too long ago...ask anyone that is in the army and is or was serving and they will tell you str8 up

i went to vegas with a buddy who got back from there not long ago. the way i see it, if there was any valid reason to raise the death count, the media would do it in a heartbeat.

Bush Lied , People Died

i went to vegas with a buddy who got back from there not long ago. the way i see it, if there was any valid reason to raise the death count, the media would do it in a heartbeat.

i dunno bro, im sure the govt tries to keep somewhat in the down-lo, but who knows...its just sad seeing people getting killed everyday

Guest slamminshaun

Remember when we were taught about check and balances back in middle school, congress checks on the President and the supreme court on each other and vice versa..... tell me where are the checks and balances....

Checks and balances? Wow, that's easy. If you can show me where the President invaded without first consulting Congress, I will become a liberal right here today. Thing is, Kerry, Clinton, Daschle, Feinstein, Pelosi....ALL voted for the invasion. They didn't have a gun to their head did they? There's your checks and balances. If Bush is to blame, so are they. Their rhetoric, actions, and voting record are no different then his.

dont know who u are talking to, but all my friends that have served recently say the death count is pretty much on par...they did complain about the Camel Spiders though.... :-\

Guest tres-b

Bush Lied , People Died

I dont care how well you "know the land". The US shows restraint with the amount of force used. If we opened up our arsenal and wanted to take the whole country over, we could. We could also take the oil. We could also install a puppet govt that supported us.

We have done none of the above.

Guest NISEMUSIC

This is mostly a response to Slammin' Shaun's first post with all the quotes:

The Clinton administration had plenty of reason to believe that Saddam and Iraq were developing dangerous weapons – they had U.N weapons inspectors on the ground telling them so. When the Iraqi government removed the inspectors, Clinton bombed known weapons plants to remove any further threat. As it turns out, that was 100% successful as demonstrated by our failed attempt at locating any WMD’s.

Clinton had true intelligence and acted accordingly and responsibly.

Step forward to the Bush administration. The same message – Iraq has WMD’s, they are a major threat to the United States, etc… becomes the focal point of the administration. This message is reiterated over and over again to instill fear in the minds of the American people and to build support for the war. Faulty intelligence as directed by George W. Bush is passed throughout government leaders (republicans and democrats) who being to believe it. This propaganda spreads and spreads until we find ourselves in the middle of a losing battle based on untrue statements.

Bush spread faulty intelligence and acted irresponsibly.

That is the fault of the Bush administration – for spreading and supporting untrue messages to build a case for a war with Iraq – for “catapulting the propaganda.â€

Listen to this song. It comes straight from the source:

http://nisemusic.com/NISE/CATAPULTTHEPROPAGANDA.html

Guest dirtyhouse777

both sides are always guilty (or innocent) as sin. anyone with a few brain cells can realizes it.

the problem is that we live in a 2 party system, hence the bickering and stupidity.

the prime time has come for people to begin voting for 3rd party candidates. i'm pretty much sure i'll be doing it in the next elections. things can change and take the country into a better direction.

Guest teabag

Remember when we were taught about check and balances back in middle school' date=' congress checks on the President and the supreme court on each other and vice versa..... tell me where are the checks and balances....

[/quote']

Checks and balances? Wow, that's easy. If you can show me where the President invaded without first consulting Congress, I will become a liberal right here today. Thing is, Kerry, Clinton, Daschle, Feinstein, Pelosi....ALL voted for the invasion. They didn't have a gun to their head did they? There's your checks and balances. If Bush is to blame, so are they. Their rhetoric, actions, and voting record are no different then his.

That's weak.... what I mean by check and balances is that the system is compromised, is not working the way is supposed to work when one gets out of line the other one checks it.....Once again Bush is the only president not Kerry or Clinton (1992-2000)..thus that's why he has to be called responsible for the orders he gave. ...Bush has to say his sorry for using faulty intelligence to invade a country, his job description asks for it and every soldier deserves it.

Guest JMT

actually, Shaun is right. thats exactly how the checks and balances works and did work. being unhappy about the outcome doesnt change that. the system is set up so that no single of the 3 branches of government has total control.

Guest slamminshaun

Sorry DM, checks and balances doesn't mean they always disagree.

Bottom line, they (liberals) asked for the war....they got the war, but now wish they hadn't asked for it. All of them (Bush, the GOP, and the Liberals) thought WMD's were there. The Liberals voted for the war because they didn't want to come off as anti-war after 9/11. When things didn't go as planned, they tried to make us forget they voted for it.

They had the same intelligence Bush had, so there's no excuse....for either side!! It seems only the GOP can seem to own up to the fact they supported it.....Kennedy, Clinton, Kerry, Pelosi, Feinstein and the rest wish you'd forget they had. They had just as much control over the war as Bush had....the only difference was that Bush ultimately gave the order on when to invade, but ONLY after Congress gave him the okay to do it.

Guest teabag

No you guys it did not work.....the only reason check and balances is out there is to make every branch responsible and accountable for the mistakes committed.... that has not happened, because the legislative lacks the initiative to do things right... there is a total detachment to reality in the white house and the senate majority....it all becomes a spinoff game and bottom line it has let the executive got away with many wrong policies....just because mistakes have been made and decisions have been taken on our current path, doesnt mean they cannot be corrected, is time for the govenment to take resposability for unsustainable policies.... start by saying we were wrong, but this is the plan to make it better...without admitting the first with all its implications the latter gets harder to accomplish. And every average Joe out there is starting to catch up....it takes a while but that train is never on break.