Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bumps

Guest dgrutman

who is the biggest bumper?  

1. 1. who is the biggest bumper?

Guest JustDade

i'd just like to ask one thing, what's it to you? and why should other people doing bumping bother you/ anyone?

i feel a thread should run its course natrually. i do not believe in life support when something is already dead and it just cloggs up the highway of new threads.

Dave, does bumping in general annoy you or is it just when people bump their own threads repeatedly?

Guest r3nz0

bumping for parties with real djs > bumping or just simply making threads about some gimp or pleb celebrity.

bump all day for a party with a real dj. Thanks.

poll closed.

+ 1

Gayest thread ever.

Guest coach

Dallasdancemusic.com, what I have always considered as one of the best nightlife websites (seems like some folks here agreed with me), always disallowed bumps, as well as too many multiple threads promoting the same party. It was allowed to post addition information to your own party thread, but not to just post nonsense to get it back up on the top of the front page. This kept the place from becoming just a promoter spam-fest. They also had implemented a "fill-in-your-own-event" calendar function which not only mitigated the need for bumping to some extent, but also made it so easy for the party-goer to find out what was going on. I am hoping, now that DDM has been incorporated into CJ/P, some of their methodologies will be adopted. [My "keeping it real" for the day.]

Guest rollyp66

um yeah I still think u all should worry about something more important than this ;)

Thank you... how about you guys go find pictures of our friend and post them... that is more mportant....

on that note BUMP!

If you stop the BUMPS then you should crack down on the FSN's :P

that's shit's even Gay-er than the bumps ::)

I should know I have a FSN but Never use it ;D

From a management standpoint you should love the friggin' bumps.. Imagine trying to sell hundred dollar ad space when you only have 3 replys on a post. plain and simple bumps may be annoying but make the board seem larger than life (for the post and in general)

:-X

Guest web_norah

i predict this thread will go on for ages.

i dont care one way or the other, but i dont see how "bumping" affects anyone, and if desperate, so what? it still means nothing.

Guest dgrutman

i predict this thread will go on for ages.

i dont care one way or the other, but i dont see how "bumping" affects anyone, and if desperate, so what? it still means nothing.

8)

Guest swank

*Bumping*

some call it desperate...some call it persistent... I call it consistent. The more doors that you knock on, the more opportunities you will be awarded. There are no secrets to success...it's called hard work!

This particular board as well as others...run quite fast...meaning that in the next hour from the time I write this...the first post of today will probably fall onto page two (2).

Bumps are not for the twenty or so who regularly scan the board, it's for the lurkers who come to see what's up. Now if the board has more than one or two topics about the same event, I guess that means there must be some importance to this event or...the event coordinator has many friends. In any case it's a sign and should be taken into consideration by those who are *bumpaphobic* :P

There are MANY topics on this board that have absolutely no relevance to 'nightlife' but yet they exist because based on the author's right to free speech...these topics are something they feel are important to share with others.

I am honored to be one of the top *bumpers* because it means I'm doing what I'm supposed to and not sitting around waiting for something to happen.

BTW...you can find me on other boards! The internet is the poor mans way of advertising and getting the word out...but I also use many,many, other things medians as well.

peace

;)

Guest dgrutman

*Bumping*

some call it desperate...some call it persistent... I call it consistent. The more doors that you knock on, the more opportunities you will be awarded. There are no secrets to success...it's called hard work!

This particular board as well as others...run quite fast...meaning that in the next hour from the time I write this...the first post of today will probably fall onto page two (2).

Bumps are not for the twenty or so who regularly scan the board, it's for the lurkers who come to see what's up. Now if the board has more than one or two topics about the same event, I guess that means there must be some importance to this event or...the event coordinator has many friends. In any case it's a sign and should be taken into consideration by those who are *bumpaphobic* :P

There are MANY topics on this board that have absolutely no relevance to 'nightlife' but yet they exist because based on the author's right to free speech...these topics are something they feel are important to share with others.

I am honored to be one of the top *bumpers* because it means I'm doing what I'm supposed to and not sitting around waiting for something to happen.

BTW...you can find me on other boards! The internet is the poor mans way of advertising and getting the word out...but I also use many,many, other things medians as well.

peace

;)

bump away, bump away.

Guest Cosmigonon

hmmm and what about words that rhyme with bump?

chump mump frump gump dump pump rump sump grump lump ump

any more?

Ok, I'm guessing you just made up half of those words, right? :P

Guest coach

any more?

Chump: n.

A stupid or foolish person; a dolt.

Mump: v. i.

[Akin to mumble; cf. D. mompen to cheat; perh. orig., to whine like a beggar, D. mompelen to mumble. See Mumble, Mum, and cf. Mumps.] 1. To move the lips with the mouth closed; to mumble, as in sulkiness.

Frump: n.

A girl or woman regarded as dull, plain, or unfashionable.

A person regarded as colorless and primly sedate.

Gump: n.

[Cf. Sw. & Dan. gump buttocks, rump, Icel. gumprg.] A dolt; a dunce. [Low.] --Holloway.

Dump: v. tr.

To release or throw down in a large mass.

Pump: n.

A machine or device for raising, compressing, or transferring fluids.

Rump: n.

The fleshy hindquarters of an animal.

Sump: n.

A low-lying place, such as a pit, that receives drainage.

Grump: n.

A cranky complaining person.

Lump: n.

An irregularly shaped mass or piece.

Ump: n.

An umpire.

Guest Cosmigonon

any more?

Chump: n.

A stupid or foolish person; a dolt.

Mump: v. i.

[Akin to mumble; cf. D. mompen to cheat; perh. orig., to whine like a beggar, D. mompelen to mumble. See Mumble, Mum, and cf. Mumps.] 1. To move the lips with the mouth closed; to mumble, as in sulkiness.

Frump: n.

A girl or woman regarded as dull, plain, or unfashionable.

A person regarded as colorless and primly sedate.

Gump: n.

[Cf. Sw. & Dan. gump buttocks, rump, Icel. gumprg.] A dolt; a dunce. [Low.] --Holloway.

Dump: v. tr.

To release or throw down in a large mass.

Pump: n.

A machine or device for raising, compressing, or transferring fluids.

Rump: n.

The fleshy hindquarters of an animal.

Sump: n.

A low-lying place, such as a pit, that receives drainage.

Grump: n.

A cranky complaining person.

Lump: n.

An irregularly shaped mass or piece.

Ump: n.

An umpire.

CJ helps me improve my english more and more every day!!! :D